Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Yep, you'd given a more in depth analysis for sure.

Thanks, that's a very nice compliment.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 pm

At least Morrison used to write interesting comics, unlike the wankery he's been putting out for DC.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:At least Morrison used to write interesting comics, unlike the wankery he's been putting out for DC.

I think he's still doing a fine job in Image with his Happy miniseries.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Well, I finished the Walking Dead Book 2. It was a quick, fun read but nothing spectacular. There were some plot points that I really wish they would have worked into the show and others that I am glad that they left out but all in all, I try to read the book as if it is a separate entity from the show entirely.

I also received and read the third volume of Sixth Gun. The series continues to be quite good and I am loving the world that Cullen Bunn is creating. This volume is probably my least favorite of the books so far but it's still really good and I am intrigued by what is going to happen next.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Grayson wrote:Well, I finished the Walking Dead Book 2. It was a quick, fun read but nothing spectacular. There were some plot points that I really wish they would have worked into the show and others that I am glad that they left out but all in all, I try to read the book as if it is a separate entity from the show entirely.

[.

Everyone should do that. I don't know why so many readers get obsessed about the show not replicating the comic...

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

almost done with Fairest vol 1 one

boring is as boring does

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Grayson wrote:

I also received and read the third volume of Sixth Gun. The series continues to be quite good and I am loving the world that Cullen Bunn is creating. This volume is probably my least favorite of the books so far but it's still really good and I am intrigued by what is going to happen next.

I've enjoyed the first volume. Have to get the others. So much books, so little money.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

covalesky wrote:I've enjoyed the first volume. Have to get the others.

I will say that I definitely enjoyed the second book as much as, if not more than the first volume.

So much books, so little money.

Isn't that always the problem? :-( :P

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't have any money so I'm going back and re-reading stuff.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Arion wrote:
I think he's still doing a fine job in Image with his Happy miniseries.

Pistols at dawn it is, then. :x

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 am

Keb wrote:I don't have any money so I'm going back and re-reading stuff.

There's no problem in re-reading. I'm re-reading Team-ups of the Brave and the Bold by JMS.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 am

I'm re-reading Simonson Thor (slowly) and Uncanny X-Force. Well, I finished Uncanny X-Force. Man, that Otherworld story was awful. How does that artist still get work?

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

Just read through Bendis and Brubaker's DD. Bendis was surprisingly good and Brubaker was just a touch below it. Also just started on the FF Byrne omnibus. Woof that is a big fucking book! Also read Kieron Gillen's first volume of Uncanny randomly because they library had it. I haven't read the x-books since 2007 and I am not regretting it if this is the quality. Fucking terrible, and what happened to Pachecho's art??

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 am

LobsterJ wrote:Just read through Bendis and Brubaker's DD. Bendis was surprisingly good and Brubaker was just a touch below it. Also just started on the FF Byrne omnibus. Woof that is a big fucking book! Also read Kieron Gillen's first volume of Uncanny randomly because they library had it. I haven't read the x-books since 2007 and I am not regretting it if this is the quality. Fucking terrible, and what happened to Pachecho's art??

stop with DD there and jump to Waid's run. Diggle's run was shite
Uncanny sucked, try Aarons Wolverine And the X-men for a good new X book

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 am

Bendis DD is the best thing he ever wrote.

leave a comment with facebook