Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Enjoyed RAW last night and this morning, fell asleep again so had to catch back up this morning.

Some of my favorite parts:

Tensai and Brodus the Tag Team. Brilliant! Haven't thought of a clever name for them yet and Tensai needs to start going by Albert or Phat Albert but they were very impressive and entertaining together.

The Rock was funny and I did enjoy his story but he just seemed to be rambling on for to long before he finally started talking about anything that had to do with wrestling. Loved that he and Punk got down to throwing blows again though!

I didn't think that The Shield were all that bad on the mic. Said maybe a little more than they should have but none of them were horrible. I loved them calling out "The John Cena Problem", that was awesome and pretty much sums up how all the people that are fed up with Cena feel.

Antonio Cesaro absolutely destroying the Miz was amazing! Swinging his head back and forth into the barrier like that was like nothing I have seen before. Before that Miz and Cody were having a really great match and would love to see them feud long term some day.

Jack Swagger was pretty great last night too. He pretty much destroyed Ryder and looked damn impressive doing so. I don't really understand the name change for Dutch Mantel and the announcers talking about him like we should know who he is :smt102 He has used the Zebekiah name before, Uncle Zebekiah and Zebekiah Blue when he managed other guys but the Zeb Coulter thing just seemed weird. The angle he and Swagger is gonna be a hard one to get over and I don't think they will give it the time needed to find it's legs before the pull the rug out from under them.

Jericho getting into the Chamber match surprised me. I thought Ziggler would cost him his shot. Y2J and Bryan had an excellent match and I expected no less from the two of them. Loved Jericho's backstage segment with Booker T as well :lol:

Things that bothered me:

Cody, Sandow, and Ziggler all losing again. These are three of the best young guys on the roster and yes I know they are heels and all that but they need to get some good wins every now and then.

As for the PPV this weekend I kinda want to get it but I'm still on the fence. Rock vs Punk should be better than their first match because I am hoping that Rock will be a little more prepared this time around. Still I don't think I want to see Punk lose to Rock again. I am not excited about the prospect Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback destroying The Shield either, they could completely kill these 3 guys careers in one match. The EC match itself has some pretty damn impressive guys in it and I would hope it will be the match that steals the show. I definitely think with Ziggler not being the match that he some how causes Jericho to lose, which will lead to them having a big match at WM, at least thats what I hope because I think they will definitely steal the show if they go at it at WM. Then Ziggler can cash in the MITB on whoever has the title later that night.

I can't get mad at Ziggler losing anymore. It's beyond a joke now. 8)

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby misac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Lord Simian wrote:So, is the Rock/Punk stipulation how they get Punk into the Rock/Cena match at 'Mania, making it a threeway?

At EC, someone working for Heyman (shield or Lesnar, either one) attack Punk. Rock is thereby disqualified. Vince knows it's crap and tries to fix the situation, but Heyman threatens to sue: it's "in writing" at Vince's request, after all. So, no choice but to have a rematch at 'Mania, with Cena involved as the Rumble Winner.

I could see that, and I'd like that actually. There would at least be more tension with Punk actually taking it seriously.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm

misac wrote:
I could see that, and I'd like that actually. There would at least be more tension with Punk actually taking it seriously.

I figure, you gotta do SOMETHING with the guy who has had a feud with the Rock for so long, the year long champ, etc. He can't NOT work 'Mania, and it's not looking like Taker can come out to play....

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm thinking someone from Cena's team is going to turn on them

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You don't mean Dutch Mantell do you?

Dutch is out of the blue, wasn't he just in TNA as an agent

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/8939185/ioc-drops-wrestling-2020-olympics

Wrestling dropped from the Olympics in 2020 :smt013

Way to drop one of the founding sports so you can keep other nonsense

someone is going to blame Vince for this

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 993 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Bianco wrote:I'm thinking someone from Cena's team is going to turn on them

I know that it probably won't happen but I really hope that it is Cena. When his shoe almost fell off as he was chasing the Shield, I almost thought that it was planned and he was simply going to let them get away. At this point, I can almost see the Shield helping CM Punk regain the title at Elimination Chamber, the match at Wrestlemania turning into a Triple Threat match between Punk, The Rock, and Cena and then the Shield helping Cena win in order to get a win back over both Punk and the Rock. I don't like it because it means that Cena would regain the title...but I think Cena needs a run as a heel for awhile to breath some new life into the character.
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Lord Simian wrote:So, is the Rock/Punk stipulation how they get Punk into the Rock/Cena match at 'Mania, making it a threeway?

At EC, someone working for Heyman (shield or Lesnar, either one) attack Punk. Rock is thereby disqualified. Vince knows it's crap and tries to fix the situation, but Heyman threatens to sue: it's "in writing" at Vince's request, after all. So, no choice but to have a rematch at 'Mania, with Cena involved as the Rumble Winner.

If the Undertaker doesn't come back, I see them slotting Punk against RyBack. But there's no real reason to think the Undertaker isn't coming back yet.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Bianco wrote:

someone is going to blame Vince for this

I'm betting on a duo of Kurt Angle and Jim Rome.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Grayson wrote:
I know that it probably won't happen but I really hope that it is Cena. When his shoe almost fell off as he was chasing the Shield, I almost thought that it was planned and he was simply going to let them get away. At this point, I can almost see the Shield helping CM Punk regain the title at Elimination Chamber, the match at Wrestlemania turning into a Triple Threat match between Punk, The Rock, and Cena and then the Shield helping Cena win in order to get a win back over both Punk and the Rock. I don't like it because it means that Cena would regain the title...but I think Cena needs a run as a heel for awhile to breath some new life into the character.

I can understand people wanting to see John change his character so do i, but Cena turning would be good if wrestling was Vince's goal, it doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to turn Cena, they would lose millions and a ton of good PR just to make a couple of smarks happy.

People have to do what we did back during Hogan's run, enjoy the undercard and let the superhero thing run it's course.

That being said I'm probably going to eat my words.....it's gonna be Cena.... :smt026

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm

It would make sense. Have a three way dance, have Lesnar get involved at the end, and set up Rock/Lesnar for WM XXX.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

The Iron Sheik is not pleased about the International Olympic Committee’s decision to remove wrestling from the Olympics starting in 2020. The Sheik wrote the following to TMZ.

“After 1000 years they take away the best sport in the world? This is the first time the dumb motherf**kers have no balls for they make the walking an Olympic sport.”

“If I see anybody on the street that work from the IOC I swear to the Jesus I suplex them put them in camel clutch break their back make them humble.”

“The #TEAMSHEIKIE respect the Olympic now they can all go f**k themselves and make the Curling Olympic sport because they all the biggest piece of no good s**t and I never watch the Olympic again. Also buy my t shirt [on my website] or go f**k yourself.”

Iron Sheik posted the following messages on Twitter.

“I wake up i get phone call from my agents @pagemagen he tell me no more wrestling in the Olympics it break my heart forever”

“F*CK THE IOC #teamsheikie”

“IOC I f*ck you up you disrespect the legend and my only sport Wrestling. They have no d*ck they make new sport of go f*ck yourself”

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 am

I don't see any way Brock isn't wrestling someone at WM. And I could definitely see it still being HHH. I don't think the fact he hasn't shown up yet means anything, as it seems if they want to go that way it would be a really easy feud to set up and have in a single month. In fact, it makes way more sense to save that sort of thing until after this PPV, because there's no reason HHH wouldn't want to get his hands on Lesnar right away at the next PPV upon returning.

I do think that the fact we still haven't seen Taker could be a sign he might not be able to go. He could still show up, but generally he seems to show up around the Rumble, or at least start teasing his return around there. The fact there haven't been any videos or threats of him showing up so far is kind of surprising. We aren't at the point where it is out of the question for him to show up, but we are getting close. If he isn't back in 2 weeks or so, I don't think we'll be seeing him.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:49 am

I really want a Fatal Four Way at WM. I think it makes sense

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:34 am

Just as any FYI, 'taker returned in 2011 the night after Elimination Chamber to start his program with Triple H.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum