Advertisement

Batman 17 (SPOILERS)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 426 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Batman 17 (SPOILERS)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:04 pm

I read it as Bruce went to Arkham so that he could observe Joker without Joker interacting with him as he would towards Batman. If he thought Joker's guard would be down Bruce could get more insight into Joker. Which is what happened. The unexpected twist was that Joker knew he was Batman but didn't see "Bruce" as anyone worth bothering with. His main focus is always Batman.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1078 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

I haven't actually read the issue yet but I was kinda hoping that Snyder would hit it out of the park. From the comments that I have seen so far, it looks like that is not the case. I'll try to keep an open mind when I actually read this issue later this evening but I have to say that considering the next issue features Harper Row, I think that this title may be dropped.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Grayson wrote:I haven't actually read the issue yet but I was kinda hoping that Snyder would hit it out of the park. From the comments that I have seen so far, it looks like that is not the case. I'll try to keep an open mind when I actually read this issue later this evening but I have to say that considering the next issue features Harper Row, I think that this title may be dropped.

ANOTHER Harper Row issue? Why, Snyder, WHY?!?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 pm

HNutz wrote:ANOTHER Harper Row issue? Why, Snyder, WHY?!?

Here is the solicitation for Batman #18:

* Welcome guest-artist Andy Kubert!
* In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!
* Fan-favorite character Harper Row returns-will she be able to pull Batman back from the brink?

Fan-favorite character?! When did that happen? I have no interested in reading another issue about Harper Row, so like I said, unless this issue is infinitely better than what I have heard I'm pretty sure that I am dropping this series.
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 260 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Grayson wrote:

* In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!
* Fan-favorite character Harper Row returns-will she be able to pull Batman back from the brink?

Fan-favorite character?! When did that happen? I have no interested in reading another issue about Harper Row, so like I said, unless this issue is infinitely better than what I have heard I'm pretty sure that I am dropping this series.

its how propaganda works. people who know no better will actually buy it and learn to accept harper row the fan fave character.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Grayson wrote:

What "unspeakable tragedy"?
"Fan favorite character?
"Losing his humanity"

Meh.

I've been reading Snyder's Batman since the beginning. Want to guess the only issue I skipped?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:its how propaganda works. people who know no better will actually buy it and learn to accept harper row the fan fave character.

So what your telling me, is that I need to launch a counter propaganda campaign in order to get the word out that Harper Row actually isn't a fan favorite character so that people won't fall for DC's tricks?
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 248 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 pm

chap22 wrote:seriously, dude...go buy Batman & Robin. you can thank me later.

I would but I hate Tomasi as a Batman writer. He ignores things in ways he shouldn't and are insulting.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 248 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Grayson wrote:

But nothing happened to Batman or the Family. All that happened was they got pissy at him just a tiny bit. Hell one of them is back already with him in Batman & Robin #17. So.... yeah either that solicitation is a lie or editors mucked up Snyder's story.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Zechs wrote:
But nothing happened to Batman or the Family. All that happened was they got pissy at him just a tiny bit. Hell one of them is back already with him in Batman & Robin #17. So.... yeah either that solicitation is a lie or editors mucked up Snyder's story.

Wasn't the reason Gail Simone was fired from Batgirl originally was because she refused to have Joker kill Babs' mom? Then she got rehired after the feminist outrage?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Grayson wrote:

Yeah, you got me there-I didn't know that anyone actually cared about Harper Row.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Zechs wrote:
I would but I hate Tomasi as a Batman writer. He ignores things in ways he shouldn't and are insulting.

lolwut?

WTF are you on about now?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Harper Row sounds like a book publisher, not a character.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Zechs wrote:

I could see it being editorial.

Which makes me wonder what the original plan was.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 260 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 pm

HNutz wrote:
I could see it being editorial.

Which makes me wonder what the original plan was.

Hype that leads to nothing like what we ended up getting IMO.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand