Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Shocker: Six Titles Cancelled

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Can't say I'm surprised these books got cut.

Hawkman seems like a book they never knew what to do with, since the creative team shifted so much. Seems like a real victim of having a mandate of 52 ongoing books. If you don't have a plan for the book, why even bother publishing it? Putting out crap just hurts the brand. It seemed like they were publishing it just to have a Hawkman book on the shelves.

The only one of these books I tried was Team 7 because I liked the Chuck Dixon Wildstorm series years ago, but this book was just garbage.

None of those other books interested me in the least. Hopefully this opens up room for something good.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

nietoperz wrote:But at least they're trying. I mean, the majority of the DCnU has kind of fizzled, mainly because of inept editorial micro management, but by the same token the fact that they have been willing to take a punt on stuff like I, Vampire, Dial H and Animal Man can only be a good thing, even if they haven't set the sales charts on fire in all cases. I see this as more of that, which is great: lord knows the core super-hero titles that don't involve Batman are kind of pants just now.

I think some if their core superhero stuff is pretty good, personally. Stuff like Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been surprisingly strong. The worst stuff, I feel, is sort of the secondary characters like Teen Titans, Green Arrow, etc. don't get me wrong, I think Justice League is boring and the Superman books are pretty much unreadable, but there's some gems in the superhero books.

But I agree with you about DC taking more chances. Those two new books they announced aren't my cup of tea, but its good to see them doing something different. I'm hoping they continue to come up with unique things.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Could that be in Reboot Action Comics #1 when young Superman holds that rich corrupt guy over his head and pretends that he's going to toss the guy over the balcony ?

In that link they explain Superman going after corrupt bankers was a reference to the 1930s Superman who actually did that.

Yeah there was that, but since then, it's been your basic super-villain stuff. No Superman going after Wall Street or state politicians trying to screw Americans out of their collective bargaining rights or wanting to stick sonograms in women that they didn't want stuck in them or trying to make it harder for certain Americans to vote.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 am

Arion wrote:
Superman and Batman should assault South-American bankers. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

What if they went on homoerotic sexual excursions instead?

"World's Finest Fuckbuddies"

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm

GLX wrote:

We already have Apollo and Midnighter in that capacity.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

GLX wrote:

You're too late.

http://the-isb.blogspot.com/2005/11/where-they-went-wrong-superman-and.html

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 pm

GLX wrote:

Now that you mention it... I'd buy that too.

leave a comment with facebook