Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 am

syxxpakk wrote:Just as any FYI, 'taker returned in 2011 the night after Elimination Chamber to start his program with Triple H.

Thats true and promo videos hyping or teasing that return were airing for about 3 weeks prior to that. I am of the opinion that Taker can't wrestle this year or just doesn't want to wrestle this year. I will not be surprised if it turns out I'm wrong and he shows up this Monday on RAW.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 am

Bianco wrote:
Dutch is out of the blue, wasn't he just in TNA as an agent

He hasn't been in TNA in a long time.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am

syxxpakk wrote:
If the Undertaker doesn't come back, I see them slotting Punk against RyBack. But there's no real reason to think the Undertaker isn't coming back yet.

For me that'd be kind of a step down for Punk.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 am

Bianco wrote:
I can understand people wanting to see John change his character so do i, but Cena turning would be good if wrestling was Vince's goal, it doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to turn Cena, they would lose millions and a ton of good PR just to make a couple of smarks happy.

People have to do what we did back during Hogan's run, enjoy the undercard and let the superhero thing run it's course.

That being said I'm probably going to eat my words.....it's gonna be Cena.... :smt026

I think when half the crowd boos the guy the superheor thing has run it's course. :smt102 I think that's why people want to see something different from him.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am

Bianco wrote:The Iron Sheik is not pleased about the International Olympic Committee’s decision to remove wrestling from the Olympics starting in 2020. The Sheik wrote the following to TMZ.

“After 1000 years they take away the best sport in the world? This is the first time the dumb motherf**kers have no balls for they make the walking an Olympic sport.”

“If I see anybody on the street that work from the IOC I swear to the Jesus I suplex them put them in camel clutch break their back make them humble.”

“The #TEAMSHEIKIE respect the Olympic now they can all go f**k themselves and make the Curling Olympic sport because they all the biggest piece of no good s**t and I never watch the Olympic again. Also buy my t shirt [on my website] or go f**k yourself.”

Iron Sheik posted the following messages on Twitter.

“I wake up i get phone call from my agents @pagemagen he tell me no more wrestling in the Olympics it break my heart forever”

“F*CK THE IOC #teamsheikie”

“IOC I f*ck you up you disrespect the legend and my only sport Wrestling. They have no d*ck they make new sport of go f*ck yourself”

:-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I don't see any way Brock isn't wrestling someone at WM. And I could definitely see it still being HHH. I don't think the fact he hasn't shown up yet means anything, as it seems if they want to go that way it would be a really easy feud to set up and have in a single month. In fact, it makes way more sense to save that sort of thing until after this PPV, because there's no reason HHH wouldn't want to get his hands on Lesnar right away at the next PPV upon returning.

I do think that the fact we still haven't seen Taker could be a sign he might not be able to go. He could still show up, but generally he seems to show up around the Rumble, or at least start teasing his return around there. The fact there haven't been any videos or threats of him showing up so far is kind of surprising. We aren't at the point where it is out of the question for him to show up, but we are getting close. If he isn't back in 2 weeks or so, I don't think we'll be seeing him.

Yeah, I think HHH will come back after they get EC out of the way.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 am

syxxpakk wrote:Just as any FYI, 'taker returned in 2011 the night after Elimination Chamber to start his program with Triple H.

8)

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 47 posts

Postby Bianco » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 pm

misac wrote:
I think when half the crowd boos the guy the superheor thing has run it's course. :smt102 I think that's why people want to see something different from him.

I guess it comes down to merchandise and outside exposure, Vince can care less what wrestling fans want, if he thinks Cena still has the pull to get media coverage and PR he will stay the face of the company.

Look at the Rock, he didn't win the belt because of his wrestling or history with the WWE or even for the fans cheering and wanting him back. He won it because of all the exposure he got from it, everyone reported it giving vince a ton of positive PR and giving Rock a spot to plug his crappy movie. He is worse than Cena in every way

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Bianco wrote:
I guess it comes down to merchandise and outside exposure, Vince can care less what wrestling fans want, if he thinks Cena still has the pull to get media coverage and PR he will stay the face of the company.

Look at the Rock, he didn't win the belt because of his wrestling or history with the WWE or even for the fans cheering and wanting him back. He won it because of all the exposure he got from it, everyone reported it giving vince a ton of positive PR and giving Rock a spot to plug his crappy movie. He is worse than Cena in every way

Yup. It doesn't matter that Cena is booed by half the crowd, it matters that his face is on boxes of fruity pebbles.

I mean, for Pete's sake, photos hit the net of Cena with his girlfriend, and to keep him from looking bad (two-timing AJ), they immediately rewrite the whole storyline to turn HER heel.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm

misac wrote:
For me that'd be kind of a step down for Punk.

RyBack would be, IMO, but I don't see it that way with Undertaker.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm

But at the same time, RyBack desperately needs a big win and putting him with Punk could accomplish that. Plus, it gives Punk his much-needed comeuppance for his RyBack-encounters.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 47 posts

Postby Bianco » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Yup. It doesn't matter that Cena is booed by half the crowd, it matters that his face is on boxes of fruity pebbles.

I mean, for Pete's sake, photos hit the net of Cena with his girlfriend, and to keep him from looking bad (two-timing AJ), they immediately rewrite the whole storyline to turn HER heel.

that's what I'm saying, it would be crazy for WWE to turn Cena, if anything they will lose a ton of money and exposure, it's bad business

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 am

syxxpakk wrote:
RyBack would be, IMO, but I don't see it that way with Undertaker.

I could see Lesnar facing RyBack at WM if Taker isn't there, If Lesnar get's exposed as being behind the Shield. Add in HHH as special ref, and there you go.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 am

Lord Simian wrote:

The reason it doesn't matter if Cena is booed is because it's been the same people booing for the past 5+ years, meaning the same people buying the tickets and watching Raw every Monday. WWE knows they are never going to lose those people as fans and therefore don't really care what their opinion is. They are catering to the younger crowd because those are the people they need to keep for the long haul.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 am

syxxpakk wrote:But at the same time, RyBack desperately needs a big win and putting him with Punk could accomplish that. Plus, it gives Punk his much-needed comeuppance for his RyBack-encounters.

Agreed.

Ryback really needs payback at some point for that. I know putting him in a match with The Shield or against Brock (as the real leader or as another of Heyman's guys) could accomplish much of that, but it feels like he needs to beat Punk at some point.

It's not a match I'd particularly want to see Punk in, but it would be logical.
Last edited by rdrsfn82 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum