Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm

covalesky wrote:
Awesome isn't it?

It really is.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 pm

covalesky wrote:
Broo is lovely. In the 2nd volume they start setting him up for something nasty. Volume 3 is shit (AVX stuff). I'm hoping volume 4 picks up the pace.

I also liked the Quentin character.

I think volume 4 might include more AVX stuff, did you get to the Doop solo issue yet?

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Zero wrote:
I think volume 4 might include more AVX stuff, did you get to the Doop solo issue yet?

Has that issue been collected? I don't recall having read a doop centric story. Maybe it will be on volume 4.

But if v4 still is infected with avx i don't know if i want it.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

the Doop issue is the best issue of the whole series

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm

I didn't mind the AVX issues because they all managed to move the book's own plots forwards, the Kade Kilgore origin issue was an AVX tie-in as was a very crucial Broo\Idie issue. There were a lot of tie ins though, maybe as many as 10 issues came out during the crossover.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:43 pm

GHERU wrote:the Doop issue is the best issue of the whole series

Yah. That was what made me want to read the series.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Keb wrote:Yah. That was what made me want to read the series.

I think we all like Doop.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Finally caught up on the entire run of the Sixth Gun, which means that I also read the fourth trade. Not only was the fourth volume absolutely fantastic but this is a great series all the way around. The silent issue was brilliant and really put the spotlight on Brian Hurtt and Bill Crabtree who did a phenomenal job telling a story without any words. Unfortunately, now that I am totally caught up, I have to wait for the individual issues each month like a normal person. :smt013

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Grayson wrote:The silent issue was brilliant and really put the spotlight on Brian Hurtt and Bill Crabtree who did a phenomenal job telling a story without any words.

fucking-a!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

this was a great series that perfectly captures the tone and voice of the cartoon

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Arion wrote:
I think we all like Doop.

Not me!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Not me!

Huh, I would have though X-Statix and all that it entailed would have been right up your alley.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Punchy wrote:
Huh, I would have though X-Statix and all that it entailed would have been right up your alley.

I've got something on the stove, but briefly, I did like it I didn't LOVE it and Doop wasn't my favorite part of X-Statix. When Aaron introduced him again recently it annoyed me slightly.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Not me!

I'm shocked you don't like something that's popular

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 pm

I likes what I likes. :smt102

Some things I like are very popular.

Today I happened across