Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Batman 17 (SPOILERS)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
See I read a lot of these situations completely differently. Yes the fake out of the faces was a fake out but it was a pretty damn good one that sent chills down my spine, Alfred might not have gotten better, The joker could've simply lied about the torture and instead just filled him full of joker gas. Joker definitely knows that Bruce is Batman, he just doesn't care. He doesn't want to mess with Bruce, he wants to mess with Batman. Batman gambled with Joker and Joker couldn't handle it. And rather than Batman coming close to killing him and not I see it as Batman driving the Joker crazy and Joker pulling away and falling(yes this is how all Joker storylines will end) rather than call Batmans bluff.

I really liked this issue and the story, and am really not looking forward to the next issue.

I agree with most of this. The suspense was great and I didn't feel let down that nobody was defaced.

But if you liked it why are you "not looking forward to the next issue"?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 am

nietoperz wrote:Wingman (Wally West) is the new Robin.

Exactly. Damian ain't dying. If he does, it'll be a fake out perpetrated by Bats to get at Talia and mess up her plans by doing the one thing she won't predict/expect.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am

Zechs wrote:The evidence shows otherwise chappy. The evidence shows otherwise. I see the same facts and view point of Tomasi you have for Grayson. The only difference is Tomasi hid it better.

again, all i can say is "your loss". you're missing out on a great book.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 pm

chap22 wrote:i honestly have not given Detective a try yet. appeared to be too Penguin-centric, and i really feel like i'm getting my Bat-fix from Batman, B&R, Inc., and Nightwing already.

and if you're cool with "unimportant" (which i am too), then yeah, Flash would be worth a try. artistically the best book at DC hands down, and the stories have been fun too.

I don't like Penguin either but I've really liked Detective.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:58 pm

chap22 wrote:again, all i can say is "your loss". you're missing out on a great book.

I probably since I know he's a good writer, but I cannot abide to a books he was on previous disregarding previous history when he had no such issues in GLC.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Zechs wrote:
I probably since I know he's a good writer, but I cannot abide to a books he was on previous disregarding previous history when he had no such issues in GLC.

Is this the English language? I'm serious.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Is this the English language? I'm serious.

no, that's Zechsish

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Amoebas wrote:I agree with most of this. The suspense was great and I didn't feel let down that nobody was defaced.

But if you liked it why are you "not looking forward to the next issue"?

Nobody's fan favorite, Harper Row.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm

chap22 wrote:no, that's Zechsish

I hear they prefer "Zechese". :wink:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Zechbonics :groucho:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Hannibal Tabu just slammed this issue in his column, so I know for sure it's going to be great.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

:lol:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 pm

nietoperz wrote:Wingman (Wally West) is the new Robin.

Get. New. Material.

Besides, this is speculation not coming from be. It's coming from Uncle Rich.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Get. New. Material.

Besides, this is speculation not coming from be. It's coming from Uncle Rich.

Whatever you say, Neo-Classic lad. How's your stable full of dead horses? Stalked any good athletes / MTV micro-celebs lately?

And I presume you mean the same Uncle Rich who just ran an article plagiarising a Thanos Copter post from three days ago. You're right: you proved your case.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

So bases on that back and forth, i take it Wingman didn't end up being a marine version of Wally West?

leave a comment with facebook