Advertisement

Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

The cover itself spoils it so I'll hid it in here, found from the source of the other leaks:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

What's worse though is what it looks like we'll get next based on the Batman #18 summary:

Batman #18

• Welcome guest-artist Andy Kubert!
• In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!
• And in the backup story, fan-favorite character Harper Row returns—but will she be able to pull Batman back from the brink?

Harper Row becoming Hipster Robin.

Ugh. A no name character who only existed for two issues prior to this who only served to annoy readers gets this big a push?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm

:smt011 I guess now really is as good of a time as any to jump off the Batman titles. I have absolutely no interest in more Harper Row stories, especially if those stories are going to feature her taking up the mantle of Robin.
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm

To be fair, Harper Row was only created because Snyder couldn't use Cassandra Cain. My guess is that DC Editorial told him to create his own Robin after letting him in on the fact Morrison was killing or putting Damian away. Pity. I rather have her as the new Harold or Oracle.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Zechs wrote:To be fair, Harper Row was only created because Snyder couldn't use Cassandra Cain. My guess is that DC Editorial told him to create his own Robin after letting him in on the fact Morrison was killing or putting Damian away. Pity. I rather have her as the new Harold or Oracle.

That doesn't really make any sense though. Why create a new character to be a Robin placeholder when they have 2 characters who some fans actually want to see and could easily fill the role? :smt102

The way DC is handling this is the same thing as cutting off your nose to spite your face.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Oh Nieto....

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Zechs wrote:To be fair, Harper Row was only created because Snyder couldn't use Cassandra Cain. My guess is that DC Editorial told him to create his own Robin after letting him in on the fact Morrison was killing or putting Damian away. Pity. I rather have her as the new Harold or Oracle.

So he replaced a ninja assassin trained since birth (Ironically Damian's backstory too) with an annoying hipster street kid.

Wonder how Tomasi will take this given he was also writing the character.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post

Postby MrBlack » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Well, the cover is an obvious reference to the Batman R.I.P. cover, and as we all know, Batman died in that event and never came back. Clearly, Damien is done for.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 15 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Everybody who actually believes Damian will stay dead or that Harper Row is going to become the new Robin, I have some lovely oceanfront property in Scottsdale I'd like to sell you. Noobs...

Last I checked, Bruce didn't actually die in Batman R.I.P. either

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 pm

chap22 wrote:Everybody who actually believes Damian will stay dead or that Harper Row is going to become the new Robin, I have some lovely oceanfront property in Scottsdale I'd like to sell you. Noobs...

Last I checked, Bruce didn't actually die in Batman R.I.P. either

I do reckon he won't be Robin after this due to Morrison's plans and statements about how he'd put all his toys away after he was done with Batman.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 pm

MrBlack wrote:Well, the cover is an obvious reference to the Batman R.I.P. cover, and as we all know, Batman died in that event and never came back. Clearly, Damien is done for.

I've never seriously thought Damien would remain as Robin after Morrison left. He may stay alive, but as an ex-Robin.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Whatever happened to the clone of Damian shown briefly a while back ? Hmmm ..........
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Whatever happened to the clone of Damian shown briefly a while back ? Hmmm ..........

He's the big Bane-looking bad guy in Inc. currently

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
I do reckon he won't be Robin after this due to Morrison's plans and statements about how he'd put all his toys away after he was done with Batman.

Pretty sure Morrison said Magneto was really dead at the beginning of his X-Men run too.

Betcha a shiny quarter he's still Robin

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

chap22 wrote:Pretty sure Morrison said Magneto was really dead at the beginning of his X-Men run too.

Batman was set to die in RIP but DC wanted a major death in the crossover instead though remember? And this cover was kept secret.

Lets make a bet on whether or not he'll be Robin if you want to put your money where your mouth is though...winner chooses the others avatar for a month.

You game?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 pm

chap22 wrote:Pretty sure Morrison said Magneto was really dead at the beginning of his X-Men run too.

Emphasis on the beginning of GM's X-Men run.

This is the end of GM's Batman run.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand