Advertisement

Super Draft Discussion Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 848 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: Super Draft Discussion Thread

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Can I pick villains? There is a villain I want in the Marvel U.

I'll take that as a no? lol

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1078 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I'll take that as a no? lol

I don't see why you couldn't.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 526 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am

yeah i don't think there's anything within the rules that were laid out that would prevent you from picking a villain.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 516 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am

So we gonna start this tomorrow night?

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Glad I saw this... I'm game!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm

we can

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't know exactly when we are going to start but I was thinking that our next draft could be a little bit different from what we are typically used to and a little bit more of a challenge. What if we were to do a draft with the idea that we are our own first draft pick because we woke up tomorrow and discovered that we had survived the zombie apocalypse! Basically, the idea behind the draft would be that you are wandering the remains of the world after the initial zombie outbreak and you have to recruit your own team of survivors but you have to follow the rules:

1.) Don't be a (Super)Hero - You can choose from anybody in the world of comics, movies, television, or books with one exception; your goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. Of course it's easy to survive if you recruit the freaking Justice League but that's no fun. No superheroes! If the character in question has a superpower or can be considered a superhero, they are not a legal pick. In otherwords, you can pick Jimmy Olsen but you can forget about picking Clark Kent!

2.) The Past is the Past and The Future is NOT Now! - The idea is that you literally wake up tomorrow and discover that the world as you know it is over. You can't pick characters from the past or the future unless they would have a present day counterpart. For instance, you could pick Terminator's John Conner but he isn't going to be the savior of mankind yet or you could pick Indiana Jones but he would be, what, over 100 years old?

3.) First Timers Only - If somebody has or is already living through a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't be fair to pull them out of their own personal hell, just to stick them in another. Sorry guys, Daryl Dixon has his hands full and he can't come bail you out of yours.
ImageImageImage

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 516 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Grayson wrote:I don't know exactly when we are going to start but I was thinking that our next draft could be a little bit different from what we are typically used to and a little bit more of a challenge. What if we were to do a draft with the idea that we are our own first draft pick because we woke up tomorrow and discovered that we had survived the zombie apocalypse! Basically, the idea behind the draft would be that you are wandering the remains of the world after the initial zombie outbreak and you have to recruit your own team of survivors but you have to follow the rules:

1.) Don't be a (Super)Hero - You can choose from anybody in the world of comics, movies, television, or books with one exception; your goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. Of course it's easy to survive if you recruit the freaking Justice League but that's no fun. No superheroes! If the character in question has a superpower or can be considered a superhero, they are not a legal pick. In otherwords, you can pick Jimmy Olsen but you can forget about picking Clark Kent!

2.) The Past is the Past and The Future is NOT Now! - The idea is that you literally wake up tomorrow and discover that the world as you know it is over. You can't pick characters from the past or the future unless they would have a present day counterpart. For instance, you could pick Terminator's John Conner but he isn't going to be the savior of mankind yet or you could pick Indiana Jones but he would be, what, over 100 years old?

3.) First Timers Only - If somebody has or is already living through a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't be fair to pull them out of their own personal hell, just to stick them in another. Sorry guys, Daryl Dixon has his hands full and he can't come bail you out of yours.

Love this idea! I think it would be awesome!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm

that's an interesting idea...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

e_galston wrote:that's an interesting idea...

I thought it might be a fun change of pace for the drafts and actually give us a little bit of a challenge since we would need to build our teams with the objective of survival in mind.
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 pm

it could be fun

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:57 pm

e_galston wrote:it could be fun

Well, obviously, I agree. :-D :P

I like the Blacklist draft we are doing now. I kinda want to draft a substitute Justice League team now, with characters from other publishers who have to fill in for the Justice League since they are "unavailable." :lol:
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
Well, obviously, I agree. :-D :P

I like the Blacklist draft we are doing now. I kinda want to draft a substitute Justice League team now, with characters from other publishers who have to fill in for the Justice League since they are "unavailable." :lol:

i'm doing that with the Outsiders... doing a team to replace the original, and a team to replace the Post YJ/Titans Graduation Day team. (the dick/roy/jade team)

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 848 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 am

I'm confused by the second rule.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I'm confused by the second rule.

From Grayson's breakdown?

I think it means you can only use modern era characters. Indiana Jones was active in WWII. He's very old now. If you pick him, you get Old Indy.

John Connor is a resistance leader in the future. So he's a kid now. If you draft him, you get kid J.C.

Van Helsing (Dracula) would be dead for a long time. So you can't draft him.

Does that help somewhat?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum