Advertisement

Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Why wouldn't they get rid of Damian? Maybe he'll turn out to be a computer simulation like like Brucie Jr.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:How can you say nobody wants to read about fan favorite Harper Row?

Now, I'm not chap so I can't really speak for him but I would assume that he can make such a bold statement about Harper Row because nobody wants to read about Harper Row? :smt102
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Zechs wrote:
I think they will. The blueprints are there. What Harper Row is just misdirection?

The only people she's misdirecting are idiots. :P

There is NO. WAY. that they're making her a Robin.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Grayson wrote:
Now, I'm not chap so I can't really speak for him but I would assume that he can make such a bold statement about Harper Row because nobody wants to read about Harper Row? :smt102

Exactly. :-D

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm

chap22 wrote:The only people she's misdirecting are idiots. :P

There is NO. WAY. that they're making her a Robin.

The cover in the OP was meant to be a secret and got leaked on 4chan. It's not like this was a big hype thing for months.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Why wouldn't they get rid of Damian? Maybe he'll turn out to be a computer simulation like like Brucie Jr.

He's co-starring in 2 of DC's better-selling books. The management seems to like him a lot as since his introduction he's guest-starred in books ranging from Batgirl to Teen Titans to Superman/Batman to World's Finest AND been played up as a pretty big deal wen he shows up. The creators seem to like him. And honestly, I really just don't see them killing/wiping out Bruce's son at this point after doing so much to build him into an interesting character with some real depth and unique relationship to the rest of the Bat-fam.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
The cover in the OP was meant to be a secret and got leaked on 4chan. It's not like this was a big hype thing for months.

So? What's that got to do with the price of tea in Gotham?

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Anyone who thinks Damien is permanently dying and - as a result - that the opening pages of Batman Inc #1, with Bruce vowing to give up the mantle of the bat and Batman inc, then being arrested, prove that Morrison will end his story with Batman defeated and over, has evidently never read a comic book before. Nor, in fact, any story involving a heroic archetype. And is so regrettably credulous that they should probably have round-the-clock care.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Zechs wrote:
I think they will. The blueprints are there. What Harper Row is just misdirection?

Harper Row is the new Tarantula.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 pm

chap22 wrote:He's co-starring in 2 of DC's better-selling books. The management seems to like him a lot as since his introduction he's guest-starred in books ranging from Batgirl to Teen Titans to Superman/Batman to World's Finest AND been played up as a pretty big deal wen he shows up. The creators seem to like him. And honestly, I really just don't see them killing/wiping out Bruce's son at this point after doing so much to build him into an interesting character with some real depth and unique relationship to the rest of the Bat-fam.

He's in two of the best-selling books because of the other star in those books. Y'know, that Batman guy.

If he's such a f**king cash cow, where's the solo Damian/Robin book? Would have been a no-brainer to as one as the original New 52 books.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Case in point.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

nietoperz wrote:Anyone who thinks Damien is permanently dying and - as a result - that the opening pages of Batman Inc #1, with Bruce vowing to give up the mantle of the bat and Batman inc, then being arrested, prove that Morrison will end his story with Batman defeated and over, has evidently never read a comic book before. Nor, in fact, any story involving a heroic archetype. And is so regrettably credulous that they should probably have round-the-clock care.

On I don't think Damien is dying, I just think that he won't be Robin at the end of Morrison's run. Two different things.

- Sons of the Desert

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Damian as Robin will be over after this.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 243 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
He's in two of the best-selling books because of the other star in those books. Y'know, that Batman guy.

If he's such a f**king cash cow, where's the solo Damian/Robin book? Would have been a no-brainer to as one as the original New 52 books.

Orders from Morrison. It's the gut punch to a fan when the moment happens. ala Knight.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

I never said he was a cash cow, I said those are reasons why DC won't kill him or get rid of him.

Riddle me this: when he doesn't die, if he isn't Robin anymore, what do they do with him? Give him a new identity? That makes no sense for Damian. It worked for Dick b/c he had nearly 45 years of history when he graduated, and by then was an adult. Damian is still 10-11 and has been around for like 4 years, maybe 5. He makes sense as Batman's partner because Batman's still trying to teach him and protect him (mostly from himself). He's too young to go on his own. Robin is a brand. They're not gonna change the name to Batman & ________. They're absolutely not gonna put him on the shelf to bring in generic Harper "I've been in 1 issue + 2 panels" Row as a new Robin...

I can't believe any of you are buying this. No, wait a minute...I forgot who I'm talking to, Mr. Wally Wingman West.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand