Advertisement

Review Group #366 - Katana #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Review Group #366 - Katana #1

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I tried to read this issue, not because I have an interest in the character, but because I have an interest in seeing how Nocenti handles an ongoing again. It has been years since I've read anything by her, but I have fond memories of her work. Her run on Daredevil remains a favorite of mine. So, wow, Katina #1 is a major disappointment. The dialogue is atrocious. It's awkward and overwritten and completely a chore to read. Essentially, I had trouble finishing this issue and following the paper-thin story because I had trouble forcing myself to get through each world balloon. I just wanted everyone to shut up, so that I could enjoy the art. Sanchez's work is excellent. But his art is wasted on this meaningless dribble.

3/10

And....that's review #5. You've got the pick for 2/27/13.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Advertisement

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 pm

GLX wrote:
And....that's review #5. You've got the pick for 2/27/13.

Woo hoo! :smt026

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 pm

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 pm

The two winners are....

Daredevil #23

MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A)
Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
• If you’ve been missing the multiple Harvey and Eisner Ward winning comic, get in NOW!
• The PERFECT JUMPING ON POINT with an all new mystery that will take Matt Murdock to the edge like never before.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Justice League of America #1

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH
On sale FEBRUARY 6 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with 54 covers. See following page for details.
• The march toward TRINITY WAR begins with part one of “WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS”!
• Green Lantern! Green Arrow! Catwoman! Katana! Vibe! Hawkman! Stargirl! They aren’t the world’s greatest super heroes—they’re the most dangerous! But why does a team like the JLA need to exist? What is their ultimate mission? And who is pulling the strings?
• Plus: Find out why Martian Manhunter is the most dangerous of them all. Period.
This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand