Monday, July 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dropped!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 pm

I knew someone who was going to invoke the three second rule, but couldn't quite pick it up in time. Had to invoke the five second rule.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:54 pm

eltopo wrote:yeah but it was the last bagel and I was hungry


Well, if you gotta eat, I guess you gotta eat. :lol:
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm

eltopo wrote:yup they just keep throwing more mysteries at you without any resolution.

Yeah nigga. Every issue ends in mystery or establishes one while the next one does absolutely nothing to clarify any of the others.
User avatar

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 am

David Bird wrote:I knew someone who was going to invoke the three second rule, but couldn't quite pick it up in time. Had to invoke the five second rule.

oh yeah I've been there
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 am

Keb wrote:Yeah nigga. Every issue ends in mystery or establishes one while the next one does absolutely nothing to clarify any of the others.


They tell me this month's issue will have some answers.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

Arion wrote:
They tell me this month's issue will have some answers.

I read it in collected format therefore I must wait.

The one thing I absolutely love about Morning Glories is that there are no black people in the book.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Keb wrote:I read it in collected format therefore I must wait.

The one thing I absolutely love about Morning Glories is that there are no black people in the book.


That's the most racist thing I've ever heard you saying (but also one of the funniest).

I believe there is one black character in it. Not one of the protagonists, mind you, but still ...
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

eltopo wrote:yup they just keep throwing more mysteries at you without any resolution.

Keb wrote:Yeah nigga. Every issue ends in mystery or establishes one while the next one does absolutely nothing to clarify any of the others.



AKA the "Lost" bait-n-switch :P
User avatar

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Keb wrote:I read it in collected format therefore I must wait.

The one thing I absolutely love about Morning Glories is that there are no black people in the book.


Well, it is a private school... you understand.

:)
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

guitargod694 wrote:
Well, it is a private school... you understand.

:)

Yeah exactly.

Plus the way Nick Spencer writes, I just don't see it working.
User avatar

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Dropping Fables me thinks... I no longer am interested in it at all.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

guitargod694 wrote:
Well, it is a private school... you understand.

:)


Ah, black humor.
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Dropping Superman again.

H'El x-over was just so drawn out and anticlimactic that I just can't bring myself to care about one of my favorite characters anymore. I'll probably drop Supergirl as well just out of spite.

Wonder Woman is on the block next, I like it but I don't really care about what's happening. I don't miss her when she's gone.

All that's left is from DC is JL and JLA and I could see myself trade waiting both pretty soon.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

P&#1062;&#1048;K&#1063; &#1042;&#1071;&#1025;&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Bedlam - I'm not feeling the writing or the art on this one. In fact, the art gives me a damn headache. I think the only comic book that Nick Spencer has written that I've enjoyed is Morning Glories.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:59 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Bedlam - I'm not feeling the writing or the art on this one. In fact, the art gives me a damn headache. I think the only comic book that Nick Spencer has written that I've enjoyed is Morning Glories.


My problem is with the drawings. They are so ugly that I simply can't get into the story.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], SpaceGhost and 54 guests