Advertisement

Legion Of Super Heroes #17 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Sarah McLachlan pleads: 'PLEASE, won't you help donate to stop Nacireman's endless anguish ? For just $2.99 a month you can ease his chronic suffering, provide needed medication and restful nights'

Source: Comics Continuum

• The legendary LEGION team of Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen are reunited and ready to put The Legion through hell as a new Fatal Five team make their deadly intentions known!

• Is the Legion ready to go toe-to-toe with the most destructive force of the 31st century?

Written by:  Paul Levitz
Art & Cover by:  Keith Giffen, Scott Koblish

32 pages
U.S. Price: $2.99
On Sale:  February 20, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #17 Preview

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 am

If the best Giffen could do was a knockoff of "Avengers: Dissasembled," then this book is f**ked.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 239 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am

The puzzling repetitive dialogue of "Avengers Disassembled" is something that few other writers could ever hope to imitate :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 am

Just read it. Better than it has been. But knocking off Sun Boy... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Knowing Giffen only lasted two issues on this is either a good thing or a bad thing. Probably both.

Probably not enough to save the book from being canceled and going away for the next few years. I hope you Legion fans who sold your souls to Geoff Johns are happy. Too bad you got to see the team f**ked over.

I haven't.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

I liked it. It's the first Legion issue in months where shit actually happens and had a feeling of adventure and a real mystery to it.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I liked it. It's the first Legion issue in months where shit actually happens and had a feeling of adventure and a real mystery to it.

That said, the seemingly "Disassembled" direction the book is going in feels desperate and unnecessary.

On top of that, doing something like this to the Legion has been done a little too much in the past 20 years or so (FYG, Legion of the D***ed/Legion Lost, Johns' Superman/LSH story). Not to mention a couple of notable stories about Universo getting the Legion outlawed before that.

- Sons of the Desert

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I liked it. It's the first Legion issue in months where shit actually happens and had a feeling of adventure and a real mystery to it.

Agreed. It was great (except for Dirk dying - that had better be fake!)!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm thinking fake-out. The panel where they first find his body, his arms are extended straight out. On the next page, panel 5, they look like they are bending up. Might be an artistic perspective but it still looks odd.
Then later after the Legion Away-Team returns and find the aliens cooking something that could be a swerve. I'm guessing they are cooking something else and when the aliens placed his body in the fire it resuscitated him.
-

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'm thinking fake-out. The panel where they first find his body, his arms are extended straight out. On the next page, panel 5, they look like they are bending up. Might be an artistic perspective but it still looks odd.
Then later after the Legion Away-Team returns and find the aliens cooking something that could be a swerve. I'm guessing they are cooking something else and when the aliens placed his body in the fire it resuscitated him.

I like it!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Amoebas wrote:I like it!

You'd like The Room if it had "DC" emblazoned on it.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews