Advertisement

FRANK CONFUSED: Ultimate Universe Canceled Or Not?!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Frank no know if should believe Bleeding Cool or Great One!

Source: The Twitters

Bleeding Cool say that there is rumors that Marvel cancel Ultimate Universe books! This confound Frank for two reasons: A) Frank no know Ultimate Universe still being published and 2) Frank read on Brian Michael Bendis’s twitter that this rumor no true!

Bleeding Cool always right, just ask them (or, Frank’s readers can just go to Bleeding Cool and pick random article, which bound to have Rich Johnston patting self on back for being right about past rumors,) but but Bendis never lie to Frank! Well, except all those times Bendis say Powers going to come out on monthly schedule from now on, but that no count!

Frank no know who to believe; Bleeding Cool never cover Frank’s advice column, but Bendis no call Frank after Darth Didio fire Frank!  Frank no have loyalty to either! Frank need more information.

FRANK UPDATE ARTICLE ALL BY HIMSELF: Frank friend Jude Terror find Frank YouTube video saying Ultimate Universe canceled! It on Internet twice, that mean it true!  

OH, Frank friends, GHERU and doombug, on you tube also!  Frank love movies!

Written or Contributed by Frankenstein, Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: FRANK CONFUSED: Ultimate Universe Canceled Or Not?!

Postby nietoperz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Rich has really been phoning it in lately.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 pm

To be fair it would not shock me if it is canceled. I love Ultimate Spider-Man but that line of books time has passed.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:17 pm

The Ultimate Universe is the new Schrodinger's Kitten.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Their heyday was several years ago and not so much now.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I could see Ultimate Spider-Man continuing (BTW, there's a toy version of Miles at Wal-Mart) but I'm indifferent about the rest.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Give them to Loeb, he'll take care of it. As the old saying goes, that which doesn't kill you, usually succeeds the second time. :twisted:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm

HNutz wrote:I could see Ultimate Spider-Man continuing (BTW, there's a toy version of Miles at Wal-Mart) but I'm indifferent about the rest.

Yeah, I have the Miles figure on my wall in the work cube.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Bleeding tool more like it

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 382 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 pm

It would be cool if it turned out to be the Ultimate Earth in New Avengers
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 pm

The smartest thing they did was a few years ago when they started drastically differentiating the Ultimate Universe from 616....Reed becoming a villain, Miles Morales as Spider-Man, etc.

For a long time it felt like they were just "modernizing" (IE copying with none of the skill or charm) classic Marvel stories.

The Ultimate Universe should continue to be very different. Personally, I'd like to see more brand new characters who don't have a 616 counterpart. The more different from 616, the better.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm

no way it'd get cancelled as long as ultimate spider-man is selling.

the problem with avengers is that they seem to be using it to gauge writers and then feeding them to their bigger 616 titles like when hickman got promoted to the main avengers book and spencer now on secret avengers.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:The smartest thing they did was a few years ago when they started drastically differentiating the Ultimate Universe from 616....Reed becoming a villain, Miles Morales as Spider-Man, etc.

For a long time it felt like they were just "modernizing" (IE copying with none of the skill or charm) classic Marvel stories.

The Ultimate Universe should continue to be very different. Personally, I'd like to see more brand new characters who don't have a 616 counterpart. The more different from 616, the better.

Now this right here is good thinking. That's one of the reasons why I never really liked the Ultimate line to begin with as it just felt like a rehash of stuff that was already done in the 616 verse. I definately would like to see new characters in the Ultimate-verse take the spotlight.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 307 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:The smartest thing they did was a few years ago when they started drastically differentiating the Ultimate Universe from 616....Reed becoming a villain, Miles Morales as Spider-Man, etc.

Do you remember early on, way way back at the beginning of Ultimate Spidey, when they were teasing the arrival of Venom, but it was early enough that you didn't know how they'd do it? I swore up and down, you wanna show that your new Ultimate Universe is different than the MU? Get the symbiote on Mary Jane, and have it mess her up and make HER Venom. That gives you your Gwen Stacy moment, sorta, and it throws a curveball to people expecting the same ol', same ol'.

Or you could do like they did... Retconning in a a bestest buddy for Pete he had totally forgotten, shoehorning in Eddie Brock. Or, you know.... Ultimate Tommy Elliot.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Do you remember early on, way way back at the beginning of Ultimate Spidey, when they were teasing the arrival of Venom, but it was early enough that you didn't know how they'd do it? I swore up and down, you wanna show that your new Ultimate Universe is different than the MU? Get the symbiote on Mary Jane, and have it mess her up and make HER Venom. That gives you your Gwen Stacy moment, sorta, and it throws a curveball to people expecting the same ol', same ol'.

Or you could do like they did... Retconning in a a bestest buddy for Pete he had totally forgotten, shoehorning in Eddie Brock. Or, you know.... Ultimate Tommy Elliot.

Well they did have Carnage take over Gwen and they made Mary Jane into the Ultimate Demogoblin for a spell.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand