Advertisement

Weisman Comments on Young Justice's End

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 321 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm

The co-creator of the show, Greg Weisman finally talks about the cancellation of Young Justice.

Source: BACKSTAGE - INTERVIEW WITH GREG WEISMAN

Ever since the show was announced for the chopping block, fans where curious to know what the creators of Young Justice felt on the matter. Well in an interview with World's Finest, YJ co-creator finally talks about his feelings of the show's uprupt end.

WF: The final issue of Young Justice hits in February, with the last episode of Young Justice’s current season in March. Is there an air of finality around these projects for you? If you never had to opportunity to work with these specific characters again, would you be happy with how you and [Young Justice producer] Brandon Vietti left things?

GW: I'm not writing an epitaph here. But the nature of the business is that you never know if you're going to be picked up for more episodes or issues. So whether it's Captain Atom, Gargoyles, W.I.T.C.H., The Spectacular Spider-Man or Young Justice, I always try to end each season or run at a good place to stop, with what I like to call open-ended closure. So with the Young Justice book and show, Brandon and I tied up enough threads that the audience/reader can feel satisfied, but we've left some questions unanswered, some threads dangling intentionally, so that we have the chance to come back. And I would love to come back to this world, these characters. Believe me.

So there you have it. Unfortunately DC and Cartoon Network have moved on and it appears neither will be using Weisman's talents on other projects or comics. The actual series' finale (unless Cartoon Network yanks the show AGAIN) will be in March. At the moment the Green Lantern: The Animated two part series finale will air on March 9. No word has been revealed if CN will do the same for YJ. If aired weekly it'll be on March 16 or 23. We'll keep you posted on when the series final episode(s) will air.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Re: Weisman Comments on Young Justice's End

Postby Draco x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm

To the dumbass execs at CN who decided to pull this show, I would like to commend you on a great job of fucking up another great thing that you had going for you. I really wish that DC and Marvel could have their own tv network so morons at CN, WB or Disney don't keep messing up great cartoons that they make.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 644 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 pm

draco x wrote:To the dumbass execs at CN who decided to pull this show, I would like to commend you on a great job of fucking up another great thing that you had going for you. I really wish that DC and Marvel could have their own tv network so morons at CN, WB or Disney don't keep messing up great cartoons that they make.

except even if they had their own networks, Disney and WB would still mess with the cartoons, since they you know own the characters

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm

e_galston wrote:
except even if they had their own networks, Disney and WB would still mess with the cartoons, since they you know own the characters

Sadly I must agree there is truth in this statement. I do wish though that both Disney and WB would learn to keep their distance and interfere as little as possible.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

The way the show was conceived and marketed was a huge miscalculation, from CN's perspective a failure and rightfully so. From the start, it was written to the adult comics reader demographic yet it was riddled with commercials aimed at younger kids. And now grown-ass men obsessed with DCU continuity are moaning over its cancellation to boot, which underscores the advertising misfire.

Also, how the fuck thin could they keep spreading the "Reach" story, anyway? :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum