Advertisement

Kyle Higgins Teases Big Changes in Nightwing #16

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 281 posts

Kyle Higgins Teases Big Changes in Nightwing #16

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 am

Kyle Higgins Teases Big Changes in Nighwing #16

Nightwing sees major changes in 2013

Source: DC Blog

In an interview with DC’s The Source, “Nightwing” writer Kyle Higgins discusses how “Death Of The Family” will affect Dick Grayson.

Next week sees the release of Nightwing #15, the first issue of this series to be an official tie-in to Bat-crossover event. Issue #15 will see Dick Grayson facing The Joker, however look for the impact of “Death of the Family” to change the course of Nightwing forever in issue #16.

“I guess the only thing I can say is, it's kind of my ‘opus,’” writer Kyle Higgins described Nightwing #16. “Everything that spins out of this issue is my big, huge, epic Nightwing story that I've been planning for a long time. But it all begins in Nightwing #16.”

“The Joker is going for the jugular with all the Bat allies -- so, all of their greatest fears, all of their perceived weaknesses, these are the aspects of the characters that the Joker is targeting,” Higgins continued. “Nightwing, someone who is arguably the most outgoing, social character in the DC Universe, there are a lot of ways to get to him, whether it be through friends in Haly's circus, whether it be through potential love interests. If the Joker does know Nightwing as well as he claims to know him, that's pretty terrifying. Based on that reveal at the end of Batman #14 of the Joker knowing everything Nightwing should be quite concerned!”

Haly’s Circus will play a pivotal role in this event. Being an important part of Dick’s past and present, it ties directly to the events of issue #16. The events of that issue will also see the beginnings of an arch-villain for Nightwing, and a new direction in general for this title.

Nightwing #15 on sale December 19
• A “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” tie-in!
• The Joker strikes Haly’s Circus — and Nightwing can’t stop a devastating murder.

Nightwing #16 on sale January 23, 2013
• After the shocking events of last issue, it didn’t seem like things could get much worse for Nightwing, but when The Joker’s involved that’s never a safe bet!
• Dick’s past is about to burn down around him – literally!

Below check out the covers for issue #s 15 and 16, and interior art from issue #16.

Additional interviews with Kyle Higgins on “Death of the Family” can be found at MTV GEEK,IGN, COMIC BOOK RESOURCES, NEWSARAMA, and COMIC VINE.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Kyle Higgins Teases Big Changes in Nightwing #16

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 pm

burning a Dick-owned Haly's to the ground? look, i like Higgins, and i have REALLY enjoyed his Nightwing so far, but for his "opus", he's decided to...steal a plot idea from Devin Grayson? color me a bit worried about this "big, huge, epic story". :? :|
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 247 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 pm

chap22 wrote:burning a Dick-owned Haly's to the ground? look, i like Higgins, and i have REALLY enjoyed his Nightwing so far, but for his "opus", he's decided to...steal a plot idea from Devin Grayson? color me a bit worried about this "big, huge, epic story". :? :|

Could be worse. While the circus is burning Nu Shiva appears and rapes Dick. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

chap22 wrote:burning a Dick-owned Haly's to the ground? look, i like Higgins, and i have REALLY enjoyed his Nightwing so far, but for his "opus", he's decided to...steal a plot idea from Devin Grayson? color me a bit worried about this "big, huge, epic story". :? :|

Will the reveal that the Talons recruited from Haly's Circus in the past come up, I wonder?

The circus can be rebuilt, but maybe not if they're hated/disgraced?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 423 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am

Latest Update:

After this week's epilogue to "Death of the Family," Higgins promises a major surprise in issue #18 that will motivate Nightwing to move away from Gotham City, followed by a new mission for his life in April's issue #19. April also marks a creative change for the title, as artist Brett Booth joins the book.

Yeah, this is definitely a turning point for Dick because, if for no other reason, everything is different. As you're going to see in issue #17, after the fall of the Amusement Mile, the destruction of the circus and the death of Jimmy and Raya, there's no way he could go back to status quo.

Dick will still have opportunities in the future tointeract with Bat-family members. He's still part of that group. And you'll see other DC heroes come into the book, heroes that Dick has a relationship with outside the Bat-family.

There's a new cast of characters, there are new villains. Brett and I are world-building. We're taking a look at what worked in the series to this point, and what we can elaborate on and push further.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 315 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am

Brett Booth?? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm done with the book.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Brett Booth?? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm done with the book.

It's not so bad. I mean he'll just make Nu Shiva look all the more worse.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 315 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Zechs wrote:
It's not so bad. I mean he'll just make Nu Shiva look all the more worse.

I dont mind her new look. Its not great but not the worst new look in the NuDCU. That honor goes to The Teen Titans, who were designed by Brett Booth!!!! :smt013
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I dont mind her new look. Its not great but not the worst new look in the NuDCU. That honor goes to The Teen Titans, who were designed by Brett Booth!!!! :smt013

Red Falcon does look bad.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand