Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC’s Batwoman Does Gay Thing To Appeal To Gays, Gays Celebrate! *SPOILERS*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Drcharles

crash test dummy

Postby Drcharles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Batwoman as a character concept is very good, but the art is fucking brilliant, and anyone who doesn't get this book for the art alone is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad......... 8)

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Drcharles wrote:Batwoman as a character concept is very good, but the art is fucking brilliant, and anyone who doesn't get this book for the art alone is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad......... 8)

I found the writing sub par and dropped it 6 months in or so. Pretty disappointing without Rucka IMO.

Good for them I guess :smt102 . One would think that the character getting married would make them less relatable though.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm

"Less relatable" as a married gay woman, or as a married super-hero ?

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:"Less relatable" as a married gay woman, or as a married super-hero ?

Facetiously as a married super hero. Unless that only applies to straight white dudes named Parker.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:33 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
I found the writing sub par and dropped it 6 months in or so. Pretty disappointing without Rucka IMO.

Good for them I guess :smt102 . One would think that the character getting married would make them less relatable though.

Yeah, this. While it's the art that made Batwoman great, it was Rucka's writing that made it work. I found it nonsensical without him and stopped reading in the first arc.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
Facetiously as a married super hero. Unless that only applies to straight white dudes named Parker.

Not according to several threads here vocalizing fan-boy disdain of Nu Superman not being married anymore :lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

A Batman character getting married just seems wrong. The Bat family simply does not deserve to be happy.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:11 pm

:lol: Bat Relationship Cursed !

And poor poor Steph. Her only future relationship turns out to be with fried foods, carbs, Ben & Jerrys, and discount store hair-dye trying to emulate the one true Batgirl ! :smt011

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Steph has a nice, healthy relationship with the daisies.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 pm

False Prophet wrote:Steph has a nice, healthy relationship with the daisies.

I did not know Steph is gay? What issue does Daisy appear in and in she dating more that one girl named Daisy?

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

bkthomson wrote:I did not know Steph is gay? What issue does Daisy appear in and in she dating more that one girl named Daisy?

:lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

fieldy snuts wrote:A Batman character getting married just seems wrong. The Bat family simply does not deserve to be happy.

This is perhaps a more pertinent point than the gay issue.

Bat-people don't get married, I can see Maggie getting brutally murdered sooner or later.

Lesbians in refrigerators!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 am

Maggie hasn't said yes yet, let alone (as bkthomson pointed out) reacted to the double-whammy of also just finding out that her girlfriend is Batwoman :!:

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Maggie hasn't said yes yet, let alone (as bkthomson pointed out) reacted to the double-whammy of also just finding out that her girlfriend is Batwoman :!:

I think that is how it will play out Maggie rejecting but not turning her in and then tension, which will cause Kate to go crazy, not like she is not already, and we will see something big happen for the character.

leave a comment with facebook