Advertisement

Irrational Fanboy Reacts To DC’s Justice League Of America Mississippi Variant Cover

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts

Irrational Fanboy Reacts To DC’s Justice League Of America Mississippi Variant Cover

Postby LOLtron » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Just what is DC saying about Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Cat Woman, and Vibe?

Source: Inspired By pastajoe

In this installment of irrational Fanboy Reacts To we examine just what message DC is sending by having their heroes plant a flag that, seemingly, supports the values of The Confederate States Of America.

Irrational Fanboy: This is outrageous!  DC is obviously trying to show that the newly formed Justice League of America condones the actions, values, and society that the Confederacy stood for!

Person With Nothing Better To Do Than Argue With An Idiot: Dude, calm down, it’s just a variant cover.  All of the states are represented.  DC isn’t showing support for the Confederacy, it’s a publicity stunt.

IF: “Just a variant cover!” What is wrong with you? What message does it send to African American Children when they see two of their own supporting the Confederate Flag?

PWNBTDTAWAI: First of all, kids don’t read comics.  Second,  if they did, they’d probably be pretty thrilled that their flag was on a comic book and not really read too much into it.  Besides that, Hawaii has the Union Jack in their flag, are you saying that DC is promoting a return to colony status for the United States?

IF: I hadn’t considered that! Yes, DC wants the land of the free to be subjected yet again by the English Empire.

PWNBTDTAWAI: Ok, now you are just messing with me, right?

IF: No, and I do not know why I am alone in this.  Where are the other White Knights when you need them?

PWNBTDTAWAI: They are off reporting sitcoms for exaggerating stereotypes or just making stuff up to make themselves feel better about sitting at a computer all day…like someone else I can think of.  I’m sorry, but standing up for minorities is not the popular rallying cry at the moment, maybe if they were female and or gay then all those other blogs would care, as it is now the Confederate Flag is too much a hot button issue for bloggers to tackle.

IF: Wait, what?

PWNBTDTAWAI: You haven’t noticed?  Think back on the past year, they got mad that Amethyst stopped a rape because that’s a girl thing, they got mad at Big Bang Theory over a obvious joke, White Knights jumped all over comic book creators who were seen to have a chauvinistic  sense of humor based on a .jpg they posted on their Facebook page.  One of the white knights went so far as to publicly belittle and insult a creator she is the PR representative for.  And, let’s not forget the big controversy over a hot girl kissing a geek and how insulting that was to, well, I’ll be honest, I’m not really sure.

Yet, on top of all that, the serious issues like the Dr. Spidypuss rape were largely ignored and even defended.   So, maybe next year they will go back to making up things to be pissed off about regarding race.

IF: So, you are saying that the “The irony of two minorities and a liberal (Green Arrow) raising a modified Confederate flag… (~pastajoe) ” is going to be largely ignored because the holier than thou bloggers are too afraid to have a conversation about race?

PWNBTDTAWAI: That and, you are rather irrational and I can see why no one wants to be on your side.

IF: You telling me that seeing Oliver Queen raise a Confederate flag doesn’t say anything about his character?

PWNBTDTAWAI:  On a variant cover? No.  The days of comic book covers having anything to do with the story inside are long gone.  If, on the other hand, Queen was seen protecting the Confederate flag from a rampaging gang of Black Panthers, then maybe you’d have a point.  As it is now, this is one of 54 stupid covers created in order to make the book appeal to collectors.  Let it go.

IF: NEVER!

PWNBTDTAWAI: Have it your way, I’m going home to my wife and child to have dinner and, maybe, get some before bed.

IF (as PWNBTDTAWAI walks away): You know and talk to a girl?

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Irrational Fanboy Reacts To DC’s Justice League Of Ameri

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm

people should be much more offended by what's inside the book than what's on the cover. this shit was deplorable.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Lay off Mississippi, it only took them 138 years to ratify the 13th amendment. :lol:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 182 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

chap22 wrote:people should be much more offended by what's inside the book than what's on the cover. this shit was deplorable.

Yea that shit was pretty bad.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand