Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

New Avengers #3 (Infinity Crisis Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am

Amoebas wrote:I agree. Cap is ALWAYS right.

It's his writers who are sometimes wrong.

:wink:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Holy Crap! I just realised that the last page of this issue was foreshadowed in Avengers #1!

Clever writing...

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Ah...I love it. Hickman is at his best when seeding for the long run. After his Fantastic Four/FF run, this is feeling comfortably familiar. Out of all the MarvelNOW books, this one is an automatic purchase for me.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 pm

chap22 wrote:Cap is always right. that's why he's Cap.

Quoting rdrsfn in Chap sig -- Chap is right.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:42 am

Just caught up with this series. Really great stuff. Feels important. I have to disagree with BlueMole though. Captain America's sanctimonious preaching didn't take takeaway from the issue. In fact, seeing him get what he deserves wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying if he didn't demonstrate perfectly what a know-it-all fascist he is right beforehand.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Just caught up with this series. Really great stuff. Feels important. I have to disagree with BlueMole though. Captain America's sanctimonious preaching didn't take takeaway from the issue. In fact, seeing him get what he deserves wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying if he didn't demonstrate perfectly what a know-it-all fascist he is right beforehand.

He keeps trying to be Batman, but, he just can't pull it off.

Hab

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 am

This shit was dope. Definitely thinking the gems shattering was something weird. Guess they wanted Cap out because they knew he wouldn't cross that line.

Do I need to read avengers to better understand this?

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 am

Keb wrote:This shit was dope. Definitely thinking the gems shattering was something weird. Guess they wanted Cap out because they knew he wouldn't cross that line.

Do I need to read avengers to better understand this?

Not yet, Avengers has had a few references to the events here but so far New Avengers hasn't had any going the other way.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am

Okay good.

HNutz

Silly French Man

Postby HNutz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 am

Zero wrote:
Not yet, Avengers has had a few references to the events here but so far New Avengers hasn't had any going the other way.

Remind me about the other references?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

Captain America waking up with the clap and not knowing where he got it due to the mindwipe? amirite?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 am

Amoebas wrote:They mindwiped Batman? er, I mean... They mindwiped Cap?

Never having been a fan of the gems (unless it sat on Adam Warlocks forehead) so their shattering meant very little to me.

So these 'heroes' are going to condemn another Earth to die? Does anybody actually think that's how it'll end?

I still say that this is how they should get rid of the Ultimate books (if they are going to)

leave a comment with facebook