Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Added!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:09 am

On the other end of the spectrum, what books have you started buying lately?

How come?

I've picked up a couple Marvel titles and some Nu 52 stuff and I gotta admit, it's nice to have some more DC titles again.

Wonder Woman: New demigod status is interesting and Chiang's art is fun; sweet design and nice storytelling.
Justice League: I will probably buy w/e Reis works on while he's at DC. Shazam is so good, I even picked up all his old chapters.
Supergirl: Got hooked after her H'el crossover issues. Best \S/ Family title, imo. It's interesting, well paced and great artwork.
Superman: Rocafort and Lobdell's run is a lot of fun. Lois is out of the picture and Superman's confident without being a douche bag.

Daredevil: I just can't say no, even though AvX pretty much turned me off the rest of the Marvel universe.
Indestructible Hulk: I haven't picked these up but Waid and Yu rarely disappoint so why not?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am

I started reading comics on a monthly basis again after Marvel NOW.

GiveWarAChance

P&#1062;&#1048;K&#1063; &#1042;&#1071;&#1025;&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 am

Fatale & Sixth Gun - Based on good word of mouth around this forum.
Rachel Rising - I was looking for a good horror themed comic book.
Sword of Sorcery - Now it's cancelled.
Saga, Revival, Bedlam and Mind the Gap - Trying to support as many quality indies as I can. I started reading all of those from issue #1 and none of them have been out for a year yet.

A ton of Marvel Now comics - FF, Savage Wolverine & Journey Into Mystery I wasn't reading before, but picked up solely based on the artist involved. I'm picking up Guardians of the Galaxy to learn more about these characters before the movie comes out. I picked up Fearless Defenders, X-men, Uncanny X-force and Red She-Hulk to help support Marvel's female characters. Most of the other Marvel Now books I was already reading before the reboot.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 am

Avengers - now seemed like the perfect jumping-on point, and I like the idea of an expansive team.
Fantastic Four and FF - again, the ideas grabbed me, plus I love both Bagley and Allred.
Young Avengers - Gillen and McKelvie? Sold!
Wolverine - Ditto for Cornell and Davis.
Uncanny Avengers - Seemed like a good idea, but I'm not wowed yet.
Fearless Defenders - it looked like it was going to be fun, and so far so good.
All-New / Uncanny / (adjectiveless) X-Men - Uncanny #1 impressed me, so I decided to give Bendis a chance to change my mind about him. And I love the all-female line-up Wood is playing with.
X-Factor - I wanted to support PAD in my own small way, and I used to love this book back in the day.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 am

I'll assume this isn't about adding new series but picking things up midstream.

Saga was the last title I've added to my pull based off of the response from last months Top Ten titles thread that Neito ran.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:00 am

Skullkickers
Goon
Saga

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am

the idea of the 5 original X-Men coming to the present and Immonen on art got to to add All-New X-Men.

how fucking good All-New X-Men is got me to add Uncanny X-Men

Cornell and Alan freaking Davis will have me adding Wolverine

Waid writing got me to pick Hulk back up

and that's pretty much it for stuff that i wasn't already buying previously under a different name.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am

Indestructible Hulk

Hab

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 am

Avengers, New Avengers, All New X-Men and Uncanny all got Marvel Now'd onto my list.
Hawkeye was a thing of beauty that I wish I'd been on since day 1.

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 pm

habitual wrote:Indestructible Hulk

Hab

Yep. Simonson coming on soon got me to add it, and good reviews got me to pick up the first 3 issues.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm picking up most Marvel Now books that replaced books I was already reading, like the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers stuff and various Marvel heroes like Hulk and Thor.

Added a few new things like Avengers Arena and Hawkeye.

Added Brian Wood's Star Wars ongoing series. Fun book so far.

Also, started picking up Green Arrow with Jeff Lemire's first issue.

Reading some Image stuff in trades like Saga, The Activity, Manhattan Projects

I'll be checking out Mark Waid's Green Hornet soon too.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 pm

I recently added Jupiter's Legacy to my list, but its not out yet.

I have been adding a lot of comics to my list for my daughter, who is getting into them:

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
My Little Pony Micro
Adventure Time: Fionna & Cake
Bravest Warrior

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Trade wise: Saga, Manhattan Projects and Wonder Woman.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'll assume this isn't about adding new series but picking things up midstream.

Saga was the last title I've added to my pull based off of the response from last months Top Ten titles thread that Neito ran.

It's both actually, whatever is new to you.

Red Lanterns- Visceral fun! I let this lapse but I got a bit more $ so I figured I'd get caught up.
Indestructible Hulk- WOW, this is the best Hulk run I've read since Frank/David run. Waid is def my favorite writer.
Uncanny X-men- After I got caught up on AVX consequences I had to get this. Cyclops is right and I want to see him win, dammit!

Anxiously looking forward to adding whatever Namor starts appearing in, hopefully its something soon.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm

^Namor appears in New Avengers. I just picked it up last night. Will probably cop it regularly now.

leave a comment with facebook