Advertisement

ComicsAlliance Shocks Internet, Declares Cyclops "To Not Be Spider-Man"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

ComicsAlliance Shocks Internet, Declares Cyclops "To Not Be Spider-Man"

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 pm

ComicsAlliance Shocks Internet, Declares Cyclops

ComicsAlliance senior writer takes 2,000 words to explain why Cyclops isn't Spider-Man.

Source: ComicsAlliance

When ComicsAlliance isn't reporting on two day old news or highlighting the latest batch of Adventure Time merchandising (did you see those Lady Rainicorn knee-high socks!), the AOL subsidiary also occasionally runs features about comic book characters.  Much like AOL, the features are usually dated and obsolete and only exist to justify the site's continued use of "Comics" in their title.

Today, the site posted an article by Chris Sims detailing why Cyclops is terrible.  Cyclops has become one of the more controversial characters in comics, ever since a cabal of Wolverine fellating writers decided to turn the character into a militaristic revolutionary that doesn't show remorse for killing his longtime father figure. 

The move polarized comic book fans into three categories.  The first is a silent majority of fans who feel that Marvel's tried to fuck the character over and are rooting for Brian Bendis to guide the character out of the mess he's in now.  The second are new fans of the character who think that his recent struggles are "character development" and believe that the character is one of the most interesting in comics today.  The third are fans who have bigger mancrushes on Wolverine than Ultimate Colossus and think that Cyclops is no more than an obstacle for Wolverine to slash his way through.

However, Sims, who we believe hasn't read an X-Men comics since 1996, has a different opinion.  Sims thinks Cyclops is terrible because he's not Spider-Man.  It's a revelatory statement, and one that takes 2,000 words to explain.  He also complains how Cyclops always acts like a leader...because he's the leader of the X-Men.  Fantastic journalism there, Sims.

There's plenty of things other things wrong with Sims' essay.  For instance, he believes that if he calls Cyclops terrible enough times, it'll become a running joke.  No, a running joke is saying that Rich Johnston crossdresses as a secretary at Marvel and DC in order to get his scoops.  That's 1) a joke and 2) something that's used repeatedly in many of our articles. 

Another is how he doesn't really end his article.  It just ends in mid-point.  Which is a terrible way to end an article.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts

Re: ComicsAlliance Shocks Internet, Declares Cyclops

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 pm

that article was one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time, and I read all of my own articles
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Fucking Adventure Time Alliance.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I normally like Sims, but it seems like he formed his opinion about hating Cyclops back when he was a kid, and never grew out of it.

Ever since Morrison's run, Cyclops has evolved from being the stick-in-the-mud who stops Wolverine from killifying everyone, into one of the most fascinating and flawed characters in all of comics. These days, it's Wolverine who is the stick-in-the-mud, whilst Cyke wants to get shit done.

I could understand Sims writing this article 10, 15 years ago, but now... it's a lazy opinion.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm

GHERU wrote:that article was one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time, and I read all of my own articles

Whoa whoa whoa now! Let's not go too far here!

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
i keed i keed

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm

sdsichero wrote:Whoa whoa whoa now! Let's not go too far here!

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
i keed i keed

:smt013

:lol:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 pm

GHERU wrote:that article was one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time, and I read all of my own articles

but obviously not all mine

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

:lol: :lol:

What about Spider-man’s increasing poor decisions?

And he does too many quips now, he's kind of annoying. I’m glad Cyclops isn’t Spider-man!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Watching the number of comments spiraling ever upward on this thing about cyclops and I can tell already that it is from people with Feels.

https://twitter.com/theisb/status/305034060508561409

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand