Advertisement

Pirates, Tim Burton Excited Over CyberInk Skeleton Giveaway

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 364 posts

Pirates, Tim Burton Excited Over CyberInk Skeleton Giveaway

Postby LOLtron » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Pirates, Tim Burton Excited Over Cyberink Skeleton Giveaway

The prizes are purported to appeal to "anyone who is an aficionado of skulls and skeleton merchandise."

Source: Press Release

Today, The Outhouse received a press release advertising a new partnership between Skull-a-Day, a blog that "has gained respect and kudos from anyone who is an aficionado of skulls and skeleton merchandise," and CyberInk, "an independent publisher in the northwest suburbs of Chicago that specializes in quirky skeleton products and books on various topics." The two companies are holding a contest, the prize for which is a "Skeleton Office Prize Pack," consisting of a poster, mouse pad, and coffee mug.

The obvious question this partnership brings to mind is, "who is this stuff marketed at?" The answer: pirates.

"Shiver me timbers!" said Neckbeard, a notable pirate, when we contacted him to let him know about the contest. "Aye, I'd like a skeleton mouse pad, ya scurvy, bilge-swilling sea dog! Hand over the booty, landlubber, or you'll be takin' the plank straight ta Davey Jones' locker!"

We explained that we didn't actually have the "booty," but that Neckbeard and all of his pirate friends could enter the contest by leaving a comment on this post on Skull-a-Day, or purchase these and other great skeleton themed items at CyberInk Online.

"Arrrrggh," Neckbeard told us. "I think I'll get a new cover for me iPad!"

But pirates aren't the only ones excited about this revolution in skull and skeleton merchandise. "Fantastic!" exclaimed weirdo director Tim Burton when he learned about the news. "It's been a few years since I last plagiarized my own work on The Nightmare Before Christmas to make another strange, gothic animated film. This wonderful coffee mug might be just what I need to get those creative juices flowing again."

The Outhouse also dispatched our house elf, Drippy, to get a comment from Burton's wife, Helena Bonham Carter. Unfortunately, not only was he unable to understand a word she was saying, but he barely escaped with his life, as she attacked him with a dagger for pretty much no reason.

If you, like Neckbeard, Tim Burton, and, presumably, Helena Bonham Carter, are a skull and skeleton aficionado, head over to Skull-a-Day or CyberInk today! The contest ends March 1st.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum