Advertisement

Fans Outraged as Once Upon a Time Recasts Whatshisname

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 am

Viewers and coworkers were very upset to learn that ABC plans to recast, you know, that guy who plays the Mad Hatter.

Source: THR

The Hollywood Reporter broke the story this morning on Disney-owned ABC's intentions to recast the role of the Mad Hatter in their popular fairy tale drama Once Upon a Time, sparking an outcry of support for the actor who plays him currently. Ol' whatshisname, you see, has commitments to fulfill on Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where he plays, spoiler alert, Bucky Barnes. The news was heartbreaking to many fans, who called the actor's performances on the show "almost memorable," as well as his co-workers, who were said to be somewhat somber in the wake of the news.

"I'm really going to miss working with... um..." said series star, er, you know, the blonde chick from House. "Dammit! I should know this!"

"He was my nineteenth favorite character on the show," said viewer Dorothy Ezell of Sagino, MI. "Right behind Hurley from LOST, William Smee, and Stealthy the Dwarf (RIP). He will be missed."

The actor, whose name is right on the tip of our tongues, we swear, is exiting the series at an inopportune time, as ABC is also reportedly considering a spinoff starring his character. ABC views the Once Upon a Time Universe as a goldmine that allows near indefinite mining of classic stories for material, a godsend for a creatively void Hollywood.

"Don't tell anyone, but we haven't had a single new idea since 1999's The Matrix," a big-time Hollywood executive told us on the condition of anonymity. "And that was lackluster at best."

Like fans everywhere who are "pretty sure they didn't mind that guy," The Outhouse mourns Once Upon a Time's loss of mumblemumble, an invaluable cast member we're sure, though we look forward to quickly forgetting the name of his replacement.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Fans Outraged as Once Upon a Time Recasts Whatshisname

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 am

LOLtron wrote:Viewers and coworkers were very upset to learn that ABC plans to recast, you know, that guy who plays the Mad Hatter.
Source: THR

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror
READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Wait...David Wayne is going to play Bucky Barnes?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 am

"Don't Come Around Here No More!!"

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby covalesky » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

I like him as the mad hater, but its a third line character, no big loss.

~Alima~
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: BLATHERSKITE

Postby ~Alima~ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Darn. I like him.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum