Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:01 am

Image
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 am

Hey Punchy, I saw a bunch of Tintins at the used book shop. Pretty cheap price too. Are they good?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 am

Keb wrote:Hey Punchy, I saw a bunch of Tintins at the used book shop. Pretty cheap price too. Are they good?


Yes, you may find them a bit childish (and the early ones a bit racist), but they are good fun, and the artwork is excellent.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Cool. I may pick some up next time I get money, read them and send them to the orphanage in Sri Lanka.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 am

Punchy wrote:
Yes, you may find them a bit childish (and the early ones a bit racist), but they are good fun, and the artwork is excellent.


Racist and colonialist, but I'd say that's part of Tintin's charm.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am

Yay racism!
User avatar

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Read Ultimates 3 from the library. It really is as bad as they say. Terrible writing and terrible art.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Keb wrote:Yay racism!


Well, you gotta understand that Tintin was written, shall we say, in simpler times?
User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 am

Image

I'm still halfway in. The dialogue is wonky, but the art is very cool. Love painted stuff.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am

LobsterJ wrote:Read Ultimates 3 from the library. It really is as bad as they say. Terrible writing and terrible art.


I'm sure it must have terrible writing, but the art too?
User avatar

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 am

Arion wrote:
I'm sure it must have terrible writing, but the art too?


I loathe Joe Mad's art.

Also read the most recent volume of Fables, and I am finally quitting. I don't give a shit about these characters spinning their wheels and Willingham can't write kids for shit. I know it ain't the popular opinion, but this book should have ended at #75.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm

X-men: Mutant Massacre - this was a cool crossover. The writing was typical 80s and the only issue I didn't care for was the Daredevil issue. Otherwise it was fun with the Thor crossover and all the things that happened. Didn't really understand the need for the dazzler stuff in there either. What I really like was the cohesion of events without the necessity to read everything. Didn't understand why all of the Thor issues needed to be printed with all the Balder subplot stuff etc. but I'm rereading Simonson Thor so it was nice to see.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Finished Fear Agent Library Volume 1
Image.

great comic, not a big fan of the Jerome Opena chapters
User avatar

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Keb wrote:X-men: Mutant Massacre - this was a cool crossover. The writing was typical 80s and the only issue I didn't care for was the Daredevil issue. Otherwise it was fun with the Thor crossover and all the things that happened. Didn't really understand the need for the dazzler stuff in there either. What I really like was the cohesion of events without the necessity to read everything. Didn't understand why all of the Thor issues needed to be printed with all the Balder subplot stuff etc. but I'm rereading Simonson Thor so it was nice to see.


Wasn't the DD issue the one with Sabretooth in the sewers written by Ann Nocenti? Where he abducts the girl? Man I loved that issue!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Yahoo [Bot] and 84 guests