Advertisement

White people, please explain pt. 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Liam Rodgers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Keb wrote:No actually, what he did was post a video debunking your "religion", to which you did what you claim others (myself and muddyglass) have done and try to protect your ego etc. and you began insulting monotheism and atheism. When Nac rebuffed your religious argument by stating that religion has no place in the discussion, you proceeded to call him a "motherfucker" then apologized to the moderators as if you'd been victimized by what you perceived was Nac's ignorance.


Exactly. As I said before, feel free to say anything you like about "Ancient Aliens". I will respond in kind. If you don't want to take it, don't dish it out. When you dish it out, I will gladly reciprocate as I see fit.

The only thing I apologized for is using the word motherfucker in an antagonistic and aggressive context.

Advertisement

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby muddyglass » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Ntikrst wrote:Good thing that isn't the case then. Vietnam isn't more technologically advanced than China, is it?

forget about vietnam. what about the differences between the summer and winter people within china itself. are you really claiming the summer chinese do not contribute as much as the winter chinese? of course, i'm singling out china because it spans such a large range of latitudes that your theory doesn't really hold water there.

Ntikrst wrote:Talk about skipping steps. Without significant technology, it's impossible to keep infant mortality rates low and have enough infrastructure to support a large population in the first place.


i don't understand your argument here. china still has a relatively high infant mortality rate compared to most developed countries. throughout history, china has mostly been populated by peasants with a tiny elite at the top.

the large population in china had a lot to do with people producing a lot of babies, as keb so colorfully noted. the agriculture in china largely depends on a lot of manual labor, which feeds into the cycle of producing a lot of children so more food can be produced. historically, the chinese have deliberately spurned some technological advances including labor-saving agricultural machines because they would put so many people out of work. the chinese also try to have a lot of sons so they can serve as soldiers or provide some form of military deterrent. the chinese have had a violent history.
Last edited by muddyglass on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9251
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Zero » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Rockman wrote:Ntikrst is the strangest dude ever

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Liam Rodgers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:"Winter people" and "summer people" is the most brilliant disguise for overt racism I've ever seen. You're all even going along with it. :lol:


You're wrong too, let's check the tape.

Racism;a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Neither me nor those ladies from the video feel this way. I'm not even sure if they are as open minded as I am about what truly is "White" but my argument is very concise: Cultural achievement is determined by inherent differences in Geological location and Climate and factors like human race are irrelevant. White Culture is emulated everywhere now because it is Modern Civilization so it's right to rule others is just because for the most part, those people want Modern Civilization.

I'm not advocating that Northern Europeans get priority in running the show because we were assimilated too. We are all entitled to equal treatment under the law and opportunities for prosperity and independence by having a positive role in the function of society.

What I am advocating, however, is that assimilation occurs and the needless enforced tolerance of archaic ethnic traditions ends. The only things I enjoy about cultural diversity are observing the common bonds that transcend racial divides, the food and their arts. But I could live without all those things a hell of a lot easier than they could live without my culture's contributions to their standard of living.

This is, IMnsHO, what those white women were talking about. The fact that you would vilify us as racist is a result of the Progressive Socialist bias that has dominated public education since the 80's in the UK and NA. If you ever feel like a good scare, read 1984 and then start listing all the parallels that exist today in the Post 9/11 shitstorm we call Reality.

Nevermind Saw or Paranormal Activity, that's some scary shit right there. Keeps me up at night... :shock:

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76896
Likes: 582 posts
Liked in: 966 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

So in order to avoid the perils of an Orwellian dystopia, you would like some powerful entity to enforce homogenous assimilation of all cultures into one single culture with the best aspects of all handpicked (presumably by a supercomputer) for maximum benefit to the greater good of society as a whole? Am i getting that right? :lol:
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Liam Rodgers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

muddyglass wrote:forget about vietnam.

Why on Earth would I do that? There must be some reason for the technological disparity between them and China.
i don't understand your argument here.

Lot of people can't fuck until there's a Modern Society to sustain them. Without the egg, there can be no chicken.

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby muddyglass » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Why on Earth would I do that? There must be some reason for the technological disparity between them and China.


yes, but focusing on vietnam also dodges the point i was trying to make, which you still haven't addressed.

Ntikrst wrote:
Lot of people can't fuck until there's a Modern Society to sustain them. Without the egg, there can be no chicken.


read up on chinese history and how the development of agriculture and population size went hand-in-hand. i recommend john king fairbank's book "china: a new history."
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Liam Rodgers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So in order to avoid the perils of an Orwellian dystopia, you would like some powerful entity to enforce homogenous assimilation of all cultures into one single culture with the best aspects of all handpicked (presumably by a supercomputer) for maximum benefit to the greater good of society as a whole? Am i getting that right? :lol:


Not at all. You may also want to add 12 Angry Men to that recommended reading list to understand how personal bias affects perception and comprehension.

In order to avoid the Orwellian Dystopia, I want the driving force behind it, Progressive Socialism, to stand down. Homogenous Assimilation is inevitable and the best parts of all the cultures will eventually rise to the top. Multi-Culturalism only seeks to delay the inevitable by creating incentive for Summer Cultures to resist assimilation and to foster animosity in people who aren't interested in celebrating diversity to the degree that the Establishment would be willing to enforce.

The problem is, the bureaucrats and their sycophants want to micromanage this natural process of Cultural Assimilation so that they can acquire some power and authority for themselves. Once again, their cause in their own minds is just because ultimately, Evil is always righteous.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Liam Rodgers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 pm

muddyglass wrote:
if you want to keep score, then the watermill was invented by the greeks and the romans appropriated the technology. similarly, roman mythology appropriated a lot from greek mythology. roman mathematics was also subpar compared to greek mathematics as far as significant developments are concerned. however, none of this would fit into your worldview since the greeks are summerfolk and the romans are winterfolk.


Except the part where the Winterfolk appropriated everything from the Summerfolk that they wanted to and conquered them. Then the Winterfolk went on to conquer the World by inspiring the Democracies of Europe, the Americas and the CommonWealth with it's cultural milestones.

Oh, geez, lookit that. My worldview prevailed after all.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18815
Likes: 126 posts
Liked in: 202 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby habitual » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
The problem is, the bureaucrats and their sycophants want to micromanage this natural process of Cultural Assimilation so that they can acquire some power and authority for themselves. Once again, their cause in their own minds is just because ultimately, Evil is always righteous.


You people have put up with the rantings of a lunatic for 3 pages :lol:

Hab

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33378
Likes: 137 posts
Liked in: 155 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Did the Devil let you borrow his Time Machine?





No, John Titor did.

The story of Atlantis was the creation of Plato c. 360 BC. There aren't a set a myths involving Atlantis earlier than that (as opposed to say Troy, where the myths of the Trojan War are centuries older than Homer's poems).
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Rockman
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27847
Likes: 142 posts
Liked in: 483 posts
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm
Formerly: AMS


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Rockman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Were the space aliens reptilian?

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33378
Likes: 137 posts
Liked in: 155 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

habitual wrote:
You people have put up with the rantings of a lunatic for 3 pages :lol:

Hab


It beats dealing with Herald.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Thunderstorm
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18630
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 am
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
No, John Titor did.

The story of Atlantis was the creation of Plato c. 360 BC. There aren't a set a myths involving Atlantis earlier than that (as opposed to say Troy, where the myths of the Trojan War are centuries older than Homer's poems).


Sort of. It's like Noah's Ark. The Bible has Noah and his family, so it's pretty much the only Noah's Ark story. However, many ancient cultures have a story of a God coming to a man and instructing him to build a structure of some type to survive a flood the God created. Many involve the reason being to wipe out Giants, saving animal species on the 'ark', the releasing of birds to find dry land, etc. Same story, different names.

An older, more advanced civilization that was wiped out in a catastrophe is also a common myth that shars a lot with Atlantis (but not the name).

Of course, many of these myths come from Summer People, so take it with a grain of salt.

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35730
Likes: 638 posts
Liked in: 409 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Do you notice the Influence Rome had on Western Civilization?


I am fully aware of the impact that the Romans had on Western Civilization. My problem is that you seem to be completely disregarding the impact that other civilizations have had as well. The fact is that after the Roman Empire collapsed it's knowledge was preserved and improved upon by scholars in the Middle East and then by other scholars throughout the Islamic Empire. The knowledge came back to a Europe, that had collapsed into barbarity, after the Christian reconquest of Spain. This rediscovery was one of the key factors that lead to the Renaissance, which is of course one of the key periods that lead to modern Western civilization.

Without the existence of the Islamic Empire, Western Civilization as we know it would simply not exist.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN NewsBlogs and 52 guests

Advertisement