Advertisement

Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Batman Inc #8 spoiler

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 am

False Prophet wrote:
I don't know why you'd think that, unless they go ahead and grow him to his Kingdom Come version.

Don't think that'd go that far, but I could see
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
a solo series where he's believed dead by everyone (including Bruce), and on the run from Talia and/or Granddad.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am

Juan Cena wrote:Oh look, a spoiler.

Oh look, a quote:

So who knows if Damian will stay dead, or if a new Boy (or perhaps Girl) Wonder will take his place.

Noted Morrison: “You can never say never in a comic book . . . Batman will ultimately always have a partner.”

Morrison won't even begin to try and lie and say this is the final hurrah with no chance of a return, so yeah, i'm TOTALLY buying that he's really, ultimately dead. i mean, it's not like he knows anybody who might have access to some kind of magical pit that can bring dead people back to life or anything. oh wait, it's absolutely like that. grandpa Ra's anyone?
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am

Attempting to care about the kid and his upcoming demise...

...Attempt FAILED. :smt102

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 pm

much like putting Dick in the bat costume, this is a rehash of something DC has already done. It can't help but feel been there done that

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:38 pm

chap22 wrote:Oh look, a quote:

Morrison won't even begin to try and lie and say this is the final hurrah with no chance of a return, so yeah, i'm TOTALLY buying that he's really, ultimately dead. i mean, it's not like he knows anybody who might have access to some kind of magical pit that can bring dead people back to life or anything. oh wait, it's absolutely like that. grandpa Ra's anyone?

Accept defeat :lol:

I find it hard to swallow DC would pay up to the NY Times just for a swerve ending that'll be undone in the next 4 issues.

If Damian is ever coming back (which ill admit is likely in comics) it won't be for a while effectively setting up fan-favorite Harper Row to take over the mantle.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

I agree it looks like Fieldy wins this one, pointing out that future writers might undo things or resurrect characters is not only poor sportsmanship, it's totally fucking obvious!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:If Damian is ever coming back (which ill admit is likely in comics) it won't be for a while effectively setting up painfully shoehorned Mary Sue character Harper Row to take over the mantle.

Fixed. :-D
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 pm

holtom2000 wrote:much like putting Dick in the bat costume, this is a rehash of something DC has already done. It can't help but feel been there done that

You're totally right, Dick should still be Batman. :-D
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Grayson wrote:
You're totally right, Dick should still be Batman. :-D

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 am

A few confessions: I've gradually lost interest in the Batman stable over the years, because I'm just too damn stupid to understand when Morrison's being meta and when he's telling a regular story. So I could only do so much of Batman & Robin when he was on it, and I never made the transition to Batman, INC.

But I will say this: As someone who is absolutely NOT one of Morrison's Kool-Aid drinkers, I defend him on this point: He always had been fairly clear that he was going to kill Damian Wayne. He created him as part of a specific story he was telling, and while that story got expanded, he's finishing that story now, and Damian's gotta go as part of it. I can't blame a creator for that, or criticize him.

That being said...I actually grew to like that crazy little bastard in the issues I did read with him, over time. It's comics, so I'm sure he'll be back, at some point. If you can Superboy-Prime Reality Punch Jason Todd back into the mix, then unless Damian Wayne is tossed into the sun and disintegrated on a molecular level, I'm going with him being brought back, at some point.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:08 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:But I will say this: As someone who is absolutely NOT one of Morrison's Kool-Aid drinkers, I defend him on this point: He always had been fairly clear that he was going to kill Damian Wayne. He created him as part of a specific story he was telling, and while that story got expanded, he's finishing that story now, and Damian's gotta go as part of it. I can't blame a creator for that, or criticize him.

Technically, Mike W. Barr created the character; he gave Batman and Talia a child in "Son of the Demon", and Morrison remembered that story. :P

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:41 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:A few confessions: I've gradually lost interest in the Batman stable over the years, because I'm just too damn stupid to understand when Morrison's being meta and when he's telling a regular story. So I could only do so much of Batman & Robin when he was on it, and I never made the transition to Batman, INC.

But I will say this: As someone who is absolutely NOT one of Morrison's Kool-Aid drinkers, I defend him on this point: He always had been fairly clear that he was going to kill Damian Wayne. He created him as part of a specific story he was telling, and while that story got expanded, he's finishing that story now, and Damian's gotta go as part of it. I can't blame a creator for that, or criticize him.

That being said...I actually grew to like that crazy little bastard in the issues I did read with him, over time. It's comics, so I'm sure he'll be back, at some point. If you can Superboy-Prime Reality Punch Jason Todd back into the mix, then unless Damian Wayne is tossed into the sun and disintegrated on a molecular level, I'm going with him being brought back, at some point.

had he? REALLY? then WTF exactly was with all his bullshit Damian-is-future-Batman stories in the Batman 666 and Batman 700 crapfests? so now you're telling me those wastes of money were even bigger wastes than i originally thought?

look, i ain't saying he doesn't kill him. obviously he does. but the kid's coming back, it's just a matter of when. and yes, fieldy, i personally think he comes back within the next 4 issues (although that wasn't the bet), publicity be damned.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am

Even if they do kill him, can't they just clone him again later on ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 am

chap22 wrote:had he? REALLY? then WTF exactly was with all his bullshit Damian-is-future-Batman stories in the Batman 666 and Batman 700 crapfests? so now you're telling me those wastes of money were even bigger wastes than i originally thought?

look, i ain't saying he doesn't kill him. obviously he does. but the kid's coming back, it's just a matter of when. and yes, fieldy, i personally think he comes back within the next 4 issues (although that wasn't the bet), publicity be damned.

You can argue on whether or not Morrison intended to have Damian stay dead. I just think he will be an ex-Robin at the end of Batman, Inc.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand