Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Eli Katz wrote:How an you not like his newer stuff?
Image :P

Wow. I know I now have a new appreciation for Nick Fury :P

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Amoebas wrote:Thanks for the "possibly". Because we all know the likes of Joe Sinnot, Dan Adkins, Wally Wood, Jerry Ordway, Murphy Anderson, Dan Green & Dick Ayers would have something to say about this if you didn't.

I was thinking of Joe Sinnot and Dick Giordano as the two guys who could also vie for that title.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I was thinking of Joe Sinnot and Dick Giordano as the two guys who could also vie for that title.

Giordano's another great pick but is it just a coincidence that two of your top three inkers are widely known for their work with Neal Adams?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I was always fond of Paul Neary too.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Amoebas wrote:Giordano's another great pick but is it just a coincidence that two of your top three inkers are widely known for their work with Neal Adams?

Wasn't really thinking about Adams, to be honest. I loved how Giordano transformed Ross Andru's pencils into gorgeous, near-perfect works of art. And I always link Palmer with either Colan or Buscema.

xshane666x

Mad Hatter

Postby xshane666x » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:41 pm

:P

What the shit is this??? Ugh... :-(

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

xshane666x wrote:
What the shit is this??? Ugh... :-(

I like seeing shirtless guys but this is so awful that makes me question my sexual orientation.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

:P

Oh crap, my eyes!

My eyes burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Arion wrote:
I like seeing shirtless guys but this is so awful that makes me question my sexual orientation.

:lol:

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Oh crap, my eyes!

My eyes burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling...

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 am

Okay, the new Cap series is flawed and nonsensical. But it is so weird, so off the wall, that I'm loving it. The time jumps, for example, are hilarious. "11 Years Later." That's just wonderful. And unpredictable. And having Cap so removed from the rest of the Marvel U, while jarring, intensifies the horror of the story.

I don't know if at the end the story will fully work. But it will certainly be memorable.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah. I'm in it to the end.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am

Eli Katz wrote:Okay, the new Cap series is flawed and nonsensical. But it is so weird, so off the wall, that I'm loving it. The time jumps, for example, are hilarious. "11 Years Later." That's just wonderful. And unpredictable. And having Cap so removed from the rest of the Marvel U, while jarring, intensifies the horror of the story.

I don't know if at the end the story will fully work. But it will certainly be memorable.

i think that's kinda the position i've finally adopted as well. it's crazy fun, but you almost have to read it sideways (or at least with a very hefty amount of suspension of disbelief) to keep from throwing your hands up in exasperation.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:41 am

chap22 wrote:i think that's kinda the position i've finally adopted as well. it's crazy fun, but you almost have to read it sideways (or at least with a very hefty amount of suspension of disbelief) to keep from throwing your hands up in exasperation.

I appreciate that though. Sometimes superhero comics are too steeped in reality and I think that takes away from the fantastic elements that defined them in the mid to late 20th century.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 am

Okay I read 1-5 last night like it was a collected book. I have to say that much like uncanny avengers, this does not read will on a monthly basis. When you can't see the story on the whole it's like confusing and fractured and shit. When you read it all together it's way better. The whole thing just basically is a setup for an awesome second half. This reads too much like the dark angel saga in that regard. The payoff on that was good though. Even the unpredictability and fun of this story has been good. Now instead of Cap on the run we're gonna get Cap on a rampageand that makes me happy. I just hope it doesn't get too predictable from here. Seeing it with Ian and Jet Black a bit already.

Don't know why Jet Black had to be naked to fight Cap though. That was silly.

leave a comment with facebook