Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 pm

syxxpakk wrote:FWIW, though, if I lost I was going to set up a fake account as the Mysterious & Handsome Stranger and keep posting :D


That would be a mistake.

I'd have gone with "Syxx Machine".

Image
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You gotta remember, we're talking about a guy who understands the real point of the business. He's not a mark for himself like Hogan or Triple H, who always have to appease their egos. Punk has more respect for both himself and this industry. He knows he can lose a match (or three) and still be over like rover.


Its not even the point of him losing to Taker or losing to Rock or Cena or both or all three or anyone. I don't like the fact hat they had a built in story where CM Punk the longest reigning champion in the past two decades should be fighting for the WWE title in the Main Event of WM. Instead we are going to get, and this is still not in stone, a last minute match against the Undertaker with 3-4 weeks of build at the most and I doubt Taker will even show up that much before WM, he just don't have it in him anymore. They could put on a helluva match and it could be the match of the year but I would still rather see Punk be in the main event fighting for the championship. I don't care if Punk is happy with, I don't care who thinks it's the best for business, as a Punk fan and fan of wrestling , Punk vs Taker is just at this moment something I have no interest in seeing whatsoever.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 am

Why did HHH have a wet spot between his legs? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 am

Bianco wrote:Why did HHH have a wet spot between his legs? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017


the thought of getting that win back after he was jobbed to brock was so immense that he blew a load.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
the thought of getting that win back after he was jobbed to brock was so immense that he blew a load.


I guess that or he tore one of his sacks getting to the ring, those jeans are tight, you can lose circulation or something
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Everything I bolded is you hypothesizing, or as we call it, talking out your ass. Or, in Nac-ese: talking out your @$$. :twisted:


Using logic and reasoning, those would be the most natural matches to headline WM XXX.

1)Rock vs. Lesnar is a no-brainer of an ideal WM XXX headliner. The two WWE Superstars who have made the biggest names for themselves outside the ring would be the perfect main event for a landmark moment in WWE history.

2) Taker's Last Ride. Taker will do his best to be in shape for this to happen at WM XXX. Having his final opponent to be Rock or Cena (or Lesnar, for that matter) would make the match even more bigger.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 am

The only thing surprising about the main event (besides Cena trying to do a hurricanrana to end the match, which was awesome even if it was sloppy) was that it was given that much time. The fact those two put on an amazing match shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They've put on a lot of great matches with each other and with other people.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 am

Really disappointed with the WM card. Two of the biggest matches being rematches absolutely sucks.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 am

WWE finally found a way to use Cole's obnoxiousness in a positive way



He makes it really hard to remember he used to be a respected war correspondent.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:42 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:The only thing surprising about the main event (besides Cena trying to do a hurricanrana to end the match, which was awesome even if it was sloppy) was that it was given that much time. The fact those two put on an amazing match shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They've put on a lot of great matches with each other and with other people.


I think the only surprising thing was the fact that it was a clean finish match with not interference, no outside shenanigans, no dq's, no ref bumps, no restarts, just a great match from bell to bell with a a definitive pin right in the middle of the ring with no controversy whatsoever, and that was absolutely amazing!
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 am

Bianco wrote:Why did HHH have a wet spot between his legs? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017


Tight jeans and ass sweat, a lethal combination :lol:

I still just can't get used to him with short hair though. He doesn't look bad he just looks weird.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 am

Ok so as much as I do not want to see it, it seems pretty inevitable that Punk vs Taker is going to happen at WM29. I think it's a horrible idea to put a match like this together at such a late start like this but thats just me I guess.

My question to you guys is what is going to be the reasoning or logic behind this match being made? The last 4 Taker matches at WM have had big reasoning behind them. HBK/Taker part 1 was all about HBK trying to do the one thing he has never done at WM being Mr. WM he wanted to end the Deadman's streak. HBK/Taker part 2 was a means to an end, getting HBK's retirement match. HHH/Taker part 1 was The Last Outlaws match, HHH trying to one up HBK, trying to do something his best buddy couldn't. HHH/Taker part 2 was billed as the End of an Era, and essentially it was. Probably should have been Taker's last match and some believe HHH's as well. Still there was reasoning that made since behind that match as well as the previous 3. There was something to be gained by all 3 men that share a rich history with one another. There is absolutely nothing for Punk to gain by losing to Taker. There is even less for Taker to gain by beating Punk. Some people believe that there doesn't have to be a reason or story behind the match, that the Streak and Taker just showing up is enough, well it's not for me, not even close. I want to know the why's, I want there to be a build, I want there to be a somewhat logical reason why these two want to wrestle one another at the biggest wrestling show of the year. So please someone answer that question for me.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Ok so as much as I do not want to see it, it seems pretty inevitable that Punk vs Taker is going to happen at WM29. I think it's a horrible idea to put a match like this together at such a late start like this but thats just me I guess.

My question to you guys is what is going to be the reasoning or logic behind this match being made? The last 4 Taker matches at WM have had big reasoning behind them. HBK/Taker part 1 was all about HBK trying to do the one thing he has never done at WM being Mr. WM he wanted to end the Deadman's streak. HBK/Taker part 2 was a means to an end, getting HBK's retirement match. HHH/Taker part 1 was The Last Outlaws match, HHH trying to one up HBK, trying to do something his best buddy couldn't. HHH/Taker part 2 was billed as the End of an Era, and essentially it was. Probably should have been Taker's last match and some believe HHH's as well. Still there was reasoning that made since behind that match as well as the previous 3. There was something to be gained by all 3 men that share a rich history with one another. There is absolutely nothing for Punk to gain by losing to Taker. There is even less for Taker to gain by beating Punk. Some people believe that there doesn't have to be a reason or story behind the match, that the Streak and Taker just showing up is enough, well it's not for me, not even close. I want to know the why's, I want there to be a build, I want there to be a somewhat logical reason why these two want to wrestle one another at the biggest wrestling show of the year. So please someone answer that question for me.


Next week Punk will go on a rant about how he got cheated and how he is better than this and that and to prove he is the best he will do what no one else can...end the streak 'cause he's god, so he calls out undertaker, blah, blah, blah
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Ok so as much as I do not want to see it, it seems pretty inevitable that Punk vs Taker is going to happen at WM29. I think it's a horrible idea to put a match like this together at such a late start like this but thats just me I guess.

My question to you guys is what is going to be the reasoning or logic behind this match being made? The last 4 Taker matches at WM have had big reasoning behind them. HBK/Taker part 1 was all about HBK trying to do the one thing he has never done at WM being Mr. WM he wanted to end the Deadman's streak. HBK/Taker part 2 was a means to an end, getting HBK's retirement match. HHH/Taker part 1 was The Last Outlaws match, HHH trying to one up HBK, trying to do something his best buddy couldn't. HHH/Taker part 2 was billed as the End of an Era, and essentially it was. Probably should have been Taker's last match and some believe HHH's as well. Still there was reasoning that made since behind that match as well as the previous 3. There was something to be gained by all 3 men that share a rich history with one another. There is absolutely nothing for Punk to gain by losing to Taker. There is even less for Taker to gain by beating Punk. Some people believe that there doesn't have to be a reason or story behind the match, that the Streak and Taker just showing up is enough, well it's not for me, not even close. I want to know the why's, I want there to be a build, I want there to be a somewhat logical reason why these two want to wrestle one another at the biggest wrestling show of the year. So please someone answer that question for me.


Ok, here's a storyline idea off the top of my head: as you say, Punk feels left out and disrespected. He is odd man out, won't be headlining Mania. Only thing left to do is upstage Rock/Cena. "Forget the belt, I'm the real champ anyways. And the real champ is going to do something noone else has EVER done. I will prove I am the best in the world by beating the Undertaker!"

But his boasting is cut short, when (despite Punk not really expecting him to accept), the Undertaker appears in the ring, chokeslams him, and points to the sign.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

Bianco wrote:
Next week Punk will go on a rant about how he got cheated and how he is better than this and that and to prove he is the best he will do what no one else can...end the streak 'cause he's god, so he calls out undertaker, blah, blah, blah


So Punk can't beat Rock or Cena. Therefore, he goes after The Undertaker.
Yeah, whole lotta logic there. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Johnnie Torch, MSNbot Media, Pizza Dog and 93 guests

cron