Friday, May 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

First Look at Ginny Weasley as Mary Jane Watson in Amazing Spider-Man 2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Yes. Yes they are. :lol:

You know, your old pal Spider-Rob has made this his new mission on B.C. :D

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 am

It's a comic book movie, and comics are made of images. What's weird about comparing actors to the images they're going to portray?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
You know, your old pal Spider-Rob has made this his new mission on B.C. :D

Oh, I have to see this.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 am

False Prophet wrote:It's a comic book movie, and comics are made of images. What's weird about comparing actors to the images they're going to portray?

Because Heimdall? Because Kingpin? :P

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am

spider-rob
a quick google shows an average looking girl with makeup at best.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig

same way you can put sculpted muscles and a hairpiece on nicolas cage but hes still terrible casting for superman.

Why do fanboys have this desperate need to be protective and "save" women on the internet. You're not superman saving Lois. Ginny Weasley isn't going to date you because you said she was of course perfectly acceptable as the gorgeous MJ.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Because Heimdall? Because Kingpin? :P

You're right, but as...distateful :lol: ...those discussions could sometimes be, there was a legitimate conversation there beyond the butthurt. I think comic fans are more likely to forgive surface changes if the body types are the same.

Of course, in the end, I'm just trying to rationalize my still finding Jessica Rabbit incredibly hawt.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 am

Man, I get annoyed at 'White Knighting' as much as the next guy, but Spider-Rob needs to realise that this is just one photo and in others she does look pretty damn hot.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 am

Victorian Squid wrote:This is...are you people really saying you find a line drawing of a woman more attractive than her? :lol:

Nah, its more like the symbolism. MJ always represents an unattainable element to Peter Parker that he eventually lands and the point is that its like MJ > every other girl ever. Don't really see it with this girl.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 am

Punchy wrote:I think Shailene Woodley is attractive :smt102

I mean she's not ugly but she's certianly not hot

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am

Keb wrote:Nah, its more like the symbolism. MJ always represents an unattainable element to Peter Parker that he eventually lands and the point is that its like MJ > every other girl ever. Don't really see it with this girl.

It's easier to draw an unattainable perfect woman than it is to actually find one in real life.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

ok after a google search she's pretty good looking and that is just a bad pic

but still I think they could've done better

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

I'm sure she'll be stunning in the actual movie footage.

We should be more concerned they'll pull off another shitty CGI job on the villain, like they did on Lizard.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am

Victorian Squid wrote:I'm sure she'll be stunning in the actual movie footage.

We should be more concerned they'll pull off another shitty CGI job on the villain, like they did on Lizard.

Or write another shitty script.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 am

She's around 10-11pm

leave a comment with facebook