Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Ok so as much as I do not want to see it, it seems pretty inevitable that Punk vs Taker is going to happen at WM29. I think it's a horrible idea to put a match like this together at such a late start like this but thats just me I guess.

My question to you guys is what is going to be the reasoning or logic behind this match being made? The last 4 Taker matches at WM have had big reasoning behind them. HBK/Taker part 1 was all about HBK trying to do the one thing he has never done at WM being Mr. WM he wanted to end the Deadman's streak. HBK/Taker part 2 was a means to an end, getting HBK's retirement match. HHH/Taker part 1 was The Last Outlaws match, HHH trying to one up HBK, trying to do something his best buddy couldn't. HHH/Taker part 2 was billed as the End of an Era, and essentially it was. Probably should have been Taker's last match and some believe HHH's as well. Still there was reasoning that made since behind that match as well as the previous 3. There was something to be gained by all 3 men that share a rich history with one another. There is absolutely nothing for Punk to gain by losing to Taker. There is even less for Taker to gain by beating Punk. Some people believe that there doesn't have to be a reason or story behind the match, that the Streak and Taker just showing up is enough, well it's not for me, not even close. I want to know the why's, I want there to be a build, I want there to be a somewhat logical reason why these two want to wrestle one another at the biggest wrestling show of the year. So please someone answer that question for me.


Next week Punk will go on a rant about how he got cheated and how he is better than this and that and to prove he is the best he will do what no one else can...end the streak 'cause he's god, so he calls out undertaker, blah, blah, blah

Advertisement

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 35798
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Ok so as much as I do not want to see it, it seems pretty inevitable that Punk vs Taker is going to happen at WM29. I think it's a horrible idea to put a match like this together at such a late start like this but thats just me I guess.

My question to you guys is what is going to be the reasoning or logic behind this match being made? The last 4 Taker matches at WM have had big reasoning behind them. HBK/Taker part 1 was all about HBK trying to do the one thing he has never done at WM being Mr. WM he wanted to end the Deadman's streak. HBK/Taker part 2 was a means to an end, getting HBK's retirement match. HHH/Taker part 1 was The Last Outlaws match, HHH trying to one up HBK, trying to do something his best buddy couldn't. HHH/Taker part 2 was billed as the End of an Era, and essentially it was. Probably should have been Taker's last match and some believe HHH's as well. Still there was reasoning that made since behind that match as well as the previous 3. There was something to be gained by all 3 men that share a rich history with one another. There is absolutely nothing for Punk to gain by losing to Taker. There is even less for Taker to gain by beating Punk. Some people believe that there doesn't have to be a reason or story behind the match, that the Streak and Taker just showing up is enough, well it's not for me, not even close. I want to know the why's, I want there to be a build, I want there to be a somewhat logical reason why these two want to wrestle one another at the biggest wrestling show of the year. So please someone answer that question for me.


Ok, here's a storyline idea off the top of my head: as you say, Punk feels left out and disrespected. He is odd man out, won't be headlining Mania. Only thing left to do is upstage Rock/Cena. "Forget the belt, I'm the real champ anyways. And the real champ is going to do something noone else has EVER done. I will prove I am the best in the world by beating the Undertaker!"

But his boasting is cut short, when (despite Punk not really expecting him to accept), the Undertaker appears in the ring, chokeslams him, and points to the sign.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34306
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

Bianco wrote:
Next week Punk will go on a rant about how he got cheated and how he is better than this and that and to prove he is the best he will do what no one else can...end the streak 'cause he's god, so he calls out undertaker, blah, blah, blah


So Punk can't beat Rock or Cena. Therefore, he goes after The Undertaker.
Yeah, whole lotta logic there. :roll:
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Bianco
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am

Juan Cena wrote:
So Punk can't beat Rock or Cena. Therefore, he goes after The Undertaker.
Yeah, whole lotta logic there. :roll:


what is this logic you speak of?

Bianco
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 am

although the dirt sheets have been saying punk needs/is going to need time off after mania to heal, him losing would give him that rest for a while and come back stronger, only thing he might come back as a face/tweener type

Bianco
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:06 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Ok, here's a storyline idea off the top of my head: as you say, Punk feels left out and disrespected. He is odd man out, won't be headlining Mania. Only thing left to do is upstage Rock/Cena. "Forget the belt, I'm the real champ anyways. And the real champ is going to do something noone else has EVER done. I will prove I am the best in the world by beating the Undertaker!"

But his boasting is cut short, when (despite Punk not really expecting him to accept), the Undertaker appears in the ring, chokeslams him, and points to the sign.


same scenario you just put more thought into it :smt026

The Main Man
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27921
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby The Main Man » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Ok, here's a storyline idea off the top of my head: as you say, Punk feels left out and disrespected. He is odd man out, won't be headlining Mania. Only thing left to do is upstage Rock/Cena. "Forget the belt, I'm the real champ anyways. And the real champ is going to do something noone else has EVER done. I will prove I am the best in the world by beating the Undertaker!"

But his boasting is cut short, when (despite Punk not really expecting him to accept), the Undertaker appears in the ring, chokeslams him, and points to the sign.


I'm sure thats what they will do, pretty much positive thats what they will do and for me thats just not enough this time around. Punk and Taker don't have much history at all and the history they have is bad and pretty much forgettable. Had they hinted at this, spoke about, made the slightest nod toward this over the last few months then ok it might be acceptable to me, but starting it next week just barely a month or less before WM, yeah thats not working for me. This is my personal opinion, not saying I am definitively right or wrong it's just how I feel and I don't like it.
Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34306
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am

Bianco wrote:
what is this logic you speak of?



Something Vince apparently hasn't used in years.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

Well WrestleMania has been built up pretty logically. The only people who seem to think otherwise are the ones who think Punk should be booked invincibly.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34306
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Well WrestleMania has been built up pretty logically. The only people who seem to think otherwise are the ones who think Punk should be booked invincibly.



I think Punk should be booked logically, as the guy the WWE should be counting on to be its main superstar of the next ten years. Not pigeonholed into the third match of Wrestlemania between two reruns.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 pm

He has been. Heels losing getting their comeuppance is how it works.

The Main Man
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27921
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby The Main Man » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm

syxxpakk wrote:He has been. Heels losing getting their comeuppance is how it works.


Thats fine, let him lose to The Rock and Cena in a triple threat match for the title that he held longer than anyone in the modern era. I have no problem with him losing, heels are supposed to lose and heels generally lose at WM thats a given. I have a problem with him being thrown into a last minute match with no build against a guy that hasn't been on TV in almost a year. At least when Cena and Punk feuded with the Rock there were plans laid months hell years in advance. There is no reason why Punk and Taker should be having a match right now. Had there been something, anything, that gave reason to lead to this match say 2-3 months ago it may not bother me so much but there hasn't. I know Cena/Rock has been building and the build has been great, I just think Punk added more to there feud than anything he is going to get out of a last minute match with the Undertaker.
Image

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 pm

That's fine. Still nothing illogical about it, though.

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 36857
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:39 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Great opening segment.


Real nice of HHH taking his time to make the save. :lol:
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 36857
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I mean I guess Triple H could be all "I just fought you to a standstill and at WrestleMania you're fighting the Undertaker!"


:-D
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, Amoebas, El Pocho Magnifico, Flamebird, Grayson, Jacob D, john lewis hawk and 41 guests

Advertisement