Friday, July 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Comics' Black History Month Sales on Comixology

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 am

Joshua Dysart's Unknown Soldier was absolutely fantastic.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

The American Way, Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle and others are on sale this week.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Why did they select the shittiest Cyborg stories for this sale?

That being said, can't wait to buy up all the Black Lightning next week.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Why did they select the shittiest Cyborg stories for this sale?

That being said, can't wait to buy up all the Black Lightning next week.

At least they included the Wolfman/Perez Tales of the New Teen Titans #1...that one's worth a buck for basically all you need to know about Cyborg.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Last week of sales ends in a few days.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Why did they select the shittiest Cyborg stories for this sale?

That being said, can't wait to buy up all the Black Lightning next week.


Ah, Black Lightning. Were you fan of Outsiders?
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Arion wrote:
Ah, Black Lightning. Were you fan of Outsiders?


Liked the first few issues of Tomasi's Outsiders. Quit long before DiDio started.

Never read Barr's Outsiders. :oops:

I'm mainly a fan from the original 1970s series. When I still owned physical comics, I had the complete series.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Liked the first few issues of Tomasi's Outsiders. Quit long before DiDio started.

Never read Barr's Outsiders. :oops:

I'm mainly a fan from the original 1970s series. When I still owned physical comics, I had the complete series.


I've only read a couple of Barr's Outsiders issues . They had nice art.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Arion wrote:
I've only read a couple of Barr's Outsiders issues . They had nice art.


Yeah, the " :oops: " was because I expect chap to show up and chide me for saying that. I'm just holding out until they're available digitally!
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Yeah, the " :oops: " was because I expect chap to show up and chide me for saying that. I'm just holding out until they're available digitally!

just suck it up, drop your digital-only hullabaloo, and get the Showcase!*


*although truthfully, BATO does kinda need to be read in color, for understanding Halo's power set if for no other reason...
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Arion wrote:
I've only read a couple of Barr's Outsiders issues . They had nice art.

Aparo followed by early Alan Davis. you can't beat that with a stick.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 pm

chap22 wrote:just suck it up, drop your digital-only hullabaloo, and get the Showcase!*


*although truthfully, BATO does kinda need to be read in color, for understanding Halo's power set if for no other reason...


That was the one thing that kept me from picking up the Showcase; I knew Halo's power is keyed to color.

I can't imagine it'll take DC long to get BATO on Comixology. New Teen Titans and Byrne's Superman are already up, they're working their way through Suicide Squad... it seems like BATO is the only popular '80s series to be excluded.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 47 guests