Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

misac wrote:
I don’t understand what they’re doing with him. He’s so unlikeable, that promo was all kinds of terrible!

And speaking of the Shield, I rewatched their match from last week and really made me like them more. I really like how they work together and have each other’s back. After the match Rollins helped the other two over the barricade, so sweet.


The Shield are hardcore amazing.

I think they should be the ones to get the Tag Titles once Hell No implodes, or even just beat Hell No for them.

And yeah, Sheamus is a dick, he's good in the ring, but these last two weeks have made me feel sorry for Barrett, rather than like Sheamus.

I also forgot to mention Swagger/Miz, which was, as Miz says, awesome. I'm digging the new uber-Swagger, and Miz is a good plucky underdog (they really should be playing up how he stood up to Lesnar last month).

Man, this was a good Raw.

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm

misac wrote:
The problem being the little guy is the heel and the underdog.


Dolph will get the last laugh when he cashes in at Wrestlemania, just you see.

That match made me want to see Ryback Vs Big E Langston.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33614
Likes: 180 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Punchy wrote:
Then why do you expect him to win so much?


Because you expect the top guys to win more than they lose where it counts that's why. Otherwise, it damages their "brand."
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33614
Likes: 180 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 pm

misac wrote:
Trying! Trying to steal the spotlight.


Seeing as he's going to lost, that probably isn't happening.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Because you expect the top guys to win more than they lose where it counts that's why. Otherwise, it damages their "brand."


He held the WWE Championship for over a year, how is that not winning more than he lost? And every match he has lost in the last few months (except last night's) was the result of shenanigans.

You're overreacting, Punk is still a top guy.

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35384
Likes: 390 posts
Liked in: 258 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Punchy wrote:
The Shield are hardcore amazing.

I think they should be the ones to get the Tag Titles once Hell No implodes, or even just beat Hell No for them.

And yeah, Sheamus is a dick, he's good in the ring, but these last two weeks have made me feel sorry for Barrett, rather than like Sheamus.

I also forgot to mention Swagger/Miz, which was, as Miz says, awesome. I'm digging the new uber-Swagger, and Miz is a good plucky underdog (they really should be playing up how he stood up to Lesnar last month).

Man, this was a good Raw.


I don't feel bad for Barrett, makes me want to see him smash Smeasus' jealous face.

Liked Raw too, and this was really the only bad part of the show.
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35384
Likes: 390 posts
Liked in: 258 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Punchy wrote:
Dolph will get the last laugh when he cashes in at Wrestlemania, just you see.

That match made me want to see Ryback Vs Big E Langston.


I do too.
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35384
Likes: 390 posts
Liked in: 258 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Seeing as he's going to lost, that probably isn't happening.


And that's the point, his plans get foiled.
Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33614
Likes: 180 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

misac wrote:
And that's the point, his plans get foiled.


Then he's not a credible heel.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

kingbeavis
cheese
 
Posts: 1898
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby kingbeavis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Yes there is. Punk vs. Taker done cold does nothing to move any storylines any further.

Something like a Punk/Lesnar vs Undertaker/HHH might have, where you could set up a Punk/Lesnar feud by using it to show who's side Paul E and The Shield are really on.

On the other side. Having Vince have to call in Taker to deal with Leanar, and being forced to give Taker the right to name his opponent for WM XXX in exchange for his participation.


How did 6 weeks of a build to a match become not enough? How often are WM matches, outside of the main event, built with a months long feud? I think it is irrational to expect every match to have a similar build as Rock/Cena.

Is this just "CM Punk is my favorite so he should have the bestest spot on the card every time ever"?

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 35110
Likes: 229 posts
Liked in: 360 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Then he's not a credible heel.


Then, by your logic, there has only ever been two credible heels in the history of wrestling: the McMahon/Helmsley era, when they ran the show and destroyed anyone in their path... And the NWO, who did the same.

For example, Ted Dibiase? Totally not a credible heel, as his plan to buy the championship was foiled. Roddy Piper? Failed to take Hogan's belt OR end Pauper's music career. Utter failure as a heel. The Undertaker? Planned to destroy Hulkamania once and for all, but lost at Tuesday In Texas. Utter waste. And on and on....

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Then he's not a credible heel.


He seems to be getting plenty of boos.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33614
Likes: 180 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Then, by your logic, there has only ever been two credible heels in the history of wrestling: the McMahon/Helmsley era, when they ran the show and destroyed anyone in their path... And the NWO, who did the same.

For example, Ted Dibiase? Totally not a credible heel, as his plan to buy the championship was foiled. Roddy Piper? Failed to take Hogan's belt OR end Pauper's music career. Utter failure as a heel. The Undertaker? Planned to destroy Hulkamania once and for all, but lost at Tuesday In Texas. Utter waste. And on and on....




DiBiase? He never really accomplished anything beyond winning the Tag Team belts with IRS. Piper? More comedian than credible threat. Undertaker? Became a face a few months after the incident you mentioned.

I'm talking Ric Flair level c. 1985-1988 level here. He dominated the NWA/WCW with the Four Horsemen with only a couple of brief periods where he didn't have the World Heavyweight Championship.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Juan Cena wrote:


DiBiase? He never really accomplished anything beyond winning the Tag Team belts with IRS. Piper? More comedian than credible threat. Undertaker? Became a face a few months after the incident you mentioned.

I'm talking Ric Flair level c. 1985-1988 level here. He dominated the NWA/WCW with the Four Horsemen with only a couple of brief periods where he didn't have the World Heavyweight Championship.


But isn't that historically the difference between WWE and WCW? In WWE, the faces were dominant, whereas in WCW it was the heels.

Punk is probably the biggest heel in wrestling today, it's him or Brock Lesnar really.

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12626
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Yes there is. Punk vs. Taker done cold does nothing to move any storylines any further.


You literally cannot say that because you don't know what the storyline is, how it will play out, etc. You're doing your assumptions again.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Advertisement