Advertisement

Uncle Rich has a Legion rumor.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Uncle Rich has a Legion rumor.

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 pm

False Prophet wrote:
Naw, I think there are a lot of creators who'd love to pitch ideas. The concept wouldn't be dead for longer than 2-3 years.

So where are they now? DC should be out looking for them instead of sticking with Levitz.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

So where are they now? DC should be out looking for them instead of sticking with Levitz.

Maybe they don't want to actively pitch for a book that has a full-time writer. :smt102

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Maybe they are. I mean, it's remiss of them not to keep Nac personally abreast of all their decisions, but sometimes the chain of communication from management to editor to crazily obsessive monomaniac can break down inexplicably. It's inconvenient, but what can you do?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

False Prophet wrote:
Maybe they don't want to actively pitch for a book that has a full-time writer. :smt102

Then DC could help move things along by Firing Levitz. There is absolutely no reason to keep him around with sales figures the way they are unless the stories about his being on the book was part of his severance package were true.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

nietoperz wrote:Maybe they are. I mean, it's remiss of them not to keep Nac personally abreast of all their decisions, but sometimes the chain of communication from management to editor to crazily obsessive monomaniac can break down inexplicably. It's inconvenient, but what can you do?

Do you have anything productive to add to the conversation besides taking shots at me?

- Sons of the Desert

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Do you have anything productive to add to the conversation besides taking shots at me?

Dude you've been beating this dead horse for so long it's beyond old.

It's probably safe to assume at this point that what you're asking Nieto isn't mutually exclusive.

Hab

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

A similar phrased question could be ask of you as well.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Nu-Superman never was a "Superboy" and since he really wasn't accepted publicly until just before or when he joined the JL .. so maybe .. the Legion will now model themselves after "Superman and the JL".
Makes sense and Superman is still part of that.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

nietoperz wrote:Maybe they are. I mean, it's remiss of them not to keep Nac personally abreast of all their decisions, but sometimes the chain of communication from management to editor to crazily obsessive monomaniac can break down inexplicably. It's inconvenient, but what can you do?

:lol: Ouch.

Juan Cena wrote:Then DC could help move things along by Firing Levitz. There is absolutely no reason to keep him around with sales figures the way they are unless the stories about his being on the book was part of his severance package were true.

Have sales bottomed out? I haven't been keeping up but I thought they'd leveled, but DC might not want to cancel the book unless it becomes an unmitigated disaster, out of respect for Levitz and the franchise itself.

IvCNuB4 wrote:Nu-Superman never was a "Superboy" and since he really wasn't accepted publicly until just before or when he joined the JL .. so maybe .. the Legion will now model themselves after "Superman and the JL".

It does make sense. But it that's not what's going to happen, it might not be so crazy to have them model themselves after the current New 52 Superboy. Lobdell-influences aside, it could be an interesting change.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 112 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
How about the fact that DC is trying to turn it into more of a generic super-hero book, as opposed to exploiting the things that made Legion work in the first place?

The Legion started to go downhill when they tried to move away from the core concepts that made Legion work - A group of young adult super-heroes protecting the universe in an more positive future. When DC got away with that with an older team or with FYG, it didn't work out as well sales-wise.

you're assuming that the Legion ever "worked"
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 pm

False Prophet wrote:
:lol: Ouch.

Have sales bottomed out? I haven't been keeping up but I thought they'd leveled, but DC might not want to cancel the book unless it becomes an unmitigated disaster, out of respect for Levitz and the franchise itself.

Nope. They keep getting lower and lower (Zero month notwithstanding).

IvCNuB4 wrote:Nu-Superman never was a "Superboy" and since he really wasn't accepted publicly until just before or when he joined the JL .. so maybe .. the Legion will now model themselves after "Superman and the JL".

It does make sense. But it that's not what's going to happen, it might not be so crazy to have them model themselves after the current New 52 Superboy. Lobdell-influences aside, it could be an interesting change.[/quote]

Morrison decided to f**k things up for the Legion even further by having him be involved with an alternate version of the Legion. And neither he or anybody else at DC decided to try to do anything to make it jive with the current "classic" team.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 pm

dairydead wrote:
you're assuming that the Legion ever "worked"

Yes, there was a time Legion did root. It had a big following in the 60's and 70's.

Do some research before you decide to be a troll.

- Sons of the Desert

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
And the reason that not a lot of people don't care about the book anymore is because DC kept going away from what made the Legion work in the first place. It kept doing things like FYG (too dark) , or the Archie Legion (which failed in the end because it was too half-baked).

I liked the Threeboot, and thought in many ways it was going in the right directions, but a lot of hardline fans didn't.

So DC rebooted the "classic" team, but even that suffered from too many stops and starts, and being so half-baked in it's conception.

No. What you're missing is, nobody has cared about the Legion, ever. Maybe for s VERY short period in the 70's or early 80's, but consistent enough to use the phrase "what made them work in the first place"?

What you're deliberately ignoring in your zeal to rant about how the Legion is fucked by DC, is that ALL of those reworkings you claim broke the franchise? They wouldn't have HAPPENED if anyone gave a shit about the legion. If people had been buying the book, it wouldn't have needed fixing. It sucked then. The fact that it sucked AFTER the reboot doesn't change that. Polish a turd all you like, it's still shit.

They're going to keep trying to find a formula that makes money. Nothing's going to change that. And nothing they do with the legion is ever going to make you happy, cause they will not publish your fanfiction legion, where the team is made up of young guys and girls all named Ryan, from the planet Magary, fighting against the Frightful Pu$$ies. :twisted:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 112 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Yes, there was a time Legion did root. It had a big following in the 60's and 70's.

Do some research before you decide to be a troll.

Not being a troll. I "researched" my personal taste, and realized that the concept of the Legion is something i don't care for.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm

I know Nac will accuse me of trolling but I really don't care at this point.

Flat out dude, you are the sole culprit of making me never want to read a legion book again.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand