Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

I don't call being the third match of the card "stealing the spotlight.

I think Punk will, since he's most likely wrestling the Undertaker who has delivered what are almost unanimously agreed to be the four best matches of the last four WrestleManias.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Punchy wrote:
He held the WWE Championship for over a year, how is that not winning more than he lost? And every match he has lost in the last few months (except last night's) was the result of shenanigans.

You're overreacting, Punk is still a top guy.

And will REMAIN a top guy. Batista lost to the Undertaker at WM23. He was STILL a top guy after it.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 97 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:32 pm

misac wrote:
Real nice of HHH taking his time to make the save. :lol:

he might have been trying to remove that wet spot i talked about earlier, so I can't blame him

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm

kingbeavis wrote:

Yes, this is it literally. And I think it's where I have the most trouble understanding, TBH.

I've never made any bones about it: Bryan Danielson is my absolute favorite wrestler. Whether he's a smarmy and sneaky heel or a plucky babyface, I've always thought he was great. So by rights, I more than anyone should have more to complain about regarding his 18-second loss last year. And what did I say at the time?

"I would have liked to have seen the match, and I'll most likely get that opportunity at Extreme Rules or on free TV, but a way to tell the story - this was pretty great."

I mean, it's all fake. Punk's not really going to fight the Undertaker, so the Undertaker isn't really going to beat him up. And if you're genuinely worried that it will harm him - I can assure you more than anything else I have ever said will happen, including me saying since last summer it would be the Rock vs. Cena II at WMNYNJ, Punk will not be harmed in the slightest from this.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

DiBiase? He never really accomplished anything beyond winning the Tag Team belts with IRS. Piper? More comedian than credible threat. Undertaker? Became a face a few months after the incident you mentioned.

I'm talking Ric Flair level c. 1985-1988 level here. He dominated the NWA/WCW with the Four Horsemen with only a couple of brief periods where he didn't have the World Heavyweight Championship.

If you want the company that went out of business, download some torrents. WWF has ALWAYS been about the supermegababyface since Vince took over (and really before that with Sammartino, Morales, and Backlund).

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 97 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

How many times has a match on the under card stole the show at WM, personally I always watch WM for the under card and can care less about the "main events".

like i said if punk takes on taker and wins, it will be right back fighting Cena for the belt, or if he loses he takes some time off and probably turns face against Lesner at Summer Slam

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Yes, this is it literally. And I think it's where I have the most trouble understanding, TBH.

I've never made any bones about it: Bryan Danielson is my absolute favorite wrestler. Whether he's a smarmy and sneaky heel or a plucky babyface, I've always thought he was great. So by rights, I more than anyone should have more to complain about regarding his 18-second loss last year. And what did I say at the time?

"I would have liked to have seen the match, and I'll most likely get that opportunity at Extreme Rules or on free TV, but a way to tell the story - this was pretty great."

I mean, it's all fake. Punk's not really going to fight the Undertaker, so the Undertaker isn't really going to beat him up. And if you're genuinely worried that it will harm him - I can assure you more than anything else I have ever said will happen, including me saying since last summer it would be the Rock vs. Cena II at WMNYNJ, Punk will not be harmed in the slightest from this.

And looking back, that super lame loss is what endeared him to lots of people and started the “yes” craze.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 pm

I've tapped out on the Punk conversation. Clearly his career is doomed and he’ll be future endeavored by Summer Slam.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
You literally cannot say that because you don't know what the storyline is, how it will play out, etc. You're doing your assumptions again.

Punk will challenge Taker (or vice versa). Taker will play some little mind games with Punk over the next few week. Then he'll beat Punk at WM, then go away for a year.

I don't call that much of a storyline. It's more of a wham-bam, kind of thing. It'll serve to keep Taker's streak going until next year, and lower Punk's credibility as being a dominant force in the WWE and a serious threat to the title. You just can't do that losing three PPV's in a row.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
And will REMAIN a top guy. Batista lost to the Undertaker at WM23. He was STILL a top guy after it.

He wasn't a heel for much longer after that, either.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm

kingbeavis wrote:
How did 6 weeks of a build to a match become not enough? How often are WM matches, outside of the main event, built with a months long feud? I think it is irrational to expect every match to have a similar build as Rock/Cena.

Is this just "CM Punk is my favorite so he should have the bestest spot on the card every time ever"?

Thing is there won't be 6 weeks of build for Punk vs Taker, if Taker makes his return next week on RAW 3-4-13 and WM29 is on 4-7-13 that would give 5 episodes of RAW (including next weeks) for this feud to work with. That is a bullshit, thrown together at the last minute thing if I have ever heard of one. Punk and Jericho were feuding for months before their match at WM last year. HHH and HBK both feuded with Taker for months before they faced each other at WM. A match of this magnitude needs more to it, than here's the Taker back to have another match to pad the streak and Punk just plays the cheesy stupid heel that will ultimately lose. I have no interest in seeing that.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 pm

misac wrote:I've tapped out on the Punk conversation. Clearly his career is doomed and he’ll be future endeavored by Summer Slam.

I am too mostly because no one seems to be paying attention to what I am say about it anyways. I don't agree with Juan Cena that Punk losing to Taker or anyone else is going to kill his career or anything like that. He's a heel and he is supposed to lose. I am a big fan of his and I hate to seem him lose, not gonna lie about that but thats what wrestlers do, they win some they lose some. I don't like the fact that he is not in the main event wrestling for the belt and is instead assumingly wrestling the Undertaker in a match that is going to be put together just a month before the event. I have loved the Takers last 4 matches at Mania and I am sure he Punk will try and deliver a match better than all of those, and I honestly hope they do. I just think that the feud they had going between Punk/Cena/Rock would be the better way to go for a huge WM Main Event than Punk just suddenly getting into a match with Taker.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
He wasn't a heel for much longer after that, either.

He also wasn't a heel when it happened, either.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Also, the build started this week. So six weeks of build. That's PLENTY of time. Even if you argue against it, five weeks is STILL plenty of time.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

How much build do you really need for a match? 5 weeks is plenty of time.

You could say that Cena/Rock II has been building for over a year, but really, the two of them haven't even spoken to each other yet this year. When they come face to face next week, it will be the same amount of build-up as whatever CM Punk ends up doing.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum