Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I think I may hate Young Avengers (or I am just getting old)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 pm

GOSD wrote:
Thirded.

God, we're all so old.

Yeah. I'd give you a high-five but I'm scared I might pull something. :-(

GiveWarAChance

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm

The Outhouse is the only place I can go where I still feel young. Thanks old timers. :-D

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Seriously though I'm not a big fan of this new version of Young Avengers. It just seems to be missing something.

You mean besides Stature?

I think the tumblr-style recap is cute, but I'm assuming it's strictly temporary, if not a one off. If it's permanent, it's going to get old real fast. Almost as old as the posters here. :wink:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

nietoperz wrote:I think the idea is more that Tumblr is the kind of thing that the characters would use than a statement on the average fan. I dunno: I haven't read #2 yet, but I thought #1 was kind of fun.

issue #1 was shit. i dropped this book like a hot turd.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Issue 2 was a step up.

More plot beats than character bits and that always helps when the title's new and the characters are established anyway.

I still don't like McKelvie on the superhero-y pages but the white boxes page and any talky out-of-costumey page is lovely stuff. Almost bacony.

Tumblr recap page wasn't bad, the young people do like to tumbl but so do I. If #3 is a LiveJournal I'll be very amused.

Good issue, second best kiddy super heroes comic of the week.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:The Outhouse is the only place I can go where I still feel young. Thanks old timers. :-D

It's also a safe place on the web for men who love teens.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Punchy, I have woeful hair that I haven't so much as combed in months, don't lie to these people

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Try not to over analyze everything and just enjoy life.

You should've saved that little pearl-of-wisdom for Nacireman :wink:

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Does it affect the characters and the story in any way??

Because if it doesn't and is really just a cute way to have a recap page, then Punchy's rage is a tempest in a teapot. :roll:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Herald wrote:Does it affect the characters and the story in any way??

Because if it doesn't and is really just a cute way to have a recap page, then Punchy's rage is a tempest in a teapot. :roll:

What is "an extremely ironic statement, considering the source?" I'll take forum memes for 200, Alex.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
What is "an extremely ironic statement, considering the source?" I'll take forum memes for 200, Alex.

And the answer is "We SHOULD know this: Jude is another person who fails to understand irony!" :P

As I said, if it affected the characters and story in any way, THEN it would matter, and I'd say let the Punchy rage. If it's just a somewhat novel way to recap and will never affect the characters and story, then what's the worry?? ESPECIALLY if, as someone mentioned and I also suspect, it's a one-off!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
It's also a safe place on the web for men who love teens.

:lol: , nice.

leave a comment with facebook