Advertisement

Uncanny Avengers #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 301 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Uncanny Avengers #4

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Yah. I've just started reading Hickman (Manhattan Projects and New Avengers) and I can definitely tell something is happening slowly but surely.

The only thing is now that I'm reading some of these things in monthly format for the first time in years and I just agonize as to what happens next. It's not nearly as bad as Bendis has been in the past with his stories, but waiting a month to get a sliver of a large story always bugs me.

One of the things I loved about Uncanny X-Force is that I was able to sit and read the entire thing in a couple sittings.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 pm

This was the part that really caught my attention.

"The moment the seven become one."

So does that mean Red is gonna cannabiaize six more powers? :smt017

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 587 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

MistaT wrote:This was the part that really caught my attention.

Hmmmmmm

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

MistaT wrote:This was the part that really caught my attention.

If he becomes Onslaught that means he gets Magneto's besides Chuck's. The other five could be the Phoenix Five.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:47 pm

How did I screw up "cannibalize" so badly?! :lol:

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm

MistaT wrote:How did I screw up "cannibalize" so badly?! :lol:

Hunger, maybe?

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 587 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Zechs wrote:If he becomes Onslaught that means he gets Magneto's besides Chuck's. The other five could be the Phoenix Five.

Did you see what I posted bout Mags?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:25 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Did you see what I posted bout Mags?

I did. Sounds like a more even rematch. However, if the Skull is clearly becoming Onslaught he doesn't need to steal it from Mags. That power is locked inside Chuck's brain since a part of Mags was put in him. You know if Remender actually makes more sense. :P

The whole.. a part of Magneto's EVIL going into Chuck just never made that much sense and always seemed stupid. Magneto is not freaking possessed. If he's evil it is by choice.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 119 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 am

BlueMole wrote:
So Magneto, whose knowledge of the Phoenix Force rivals that of Wolverine, claims that Cyclops really wanted to kill Xavier and that makes it the truth? I'm sure Jean Grey really wanted to kill a planet full of aliens, too, deep down.

I'm probably just reading too much into it in order to stir up more controversy. :P

She was craving asparagus.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 119 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 am

As Remender hinted earlier, upcoming issues of "Uncanny Avengers" will have the team working together for the greater good by trying to defeat the threat of Kang and the mysterious Apocalypse Twins.

Apocalypse powers...ACTIVATE!

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Zechs wrote:If he becomes Onslaught that means he gets Magneto's besides Chuck's. The other five could be the Phoenix Five.

I hope Remender gives an explanation as to how Skull would be able to get Onslaught's essence seeing as how he was seemingly trapped in the Negative Zone-although it was hinted that Onslaught did escape after fighting the Secret Avengers as he appeared in Cap's dreams. Besides it would be hard as hell for Skull to control a being like Onslaught who is pure energy unless Onslaught willingly allowed the Skull to merge with him for his own purposes.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Apocalypse powers...ACTIVATE!

Beat me to a good punch line. :-D :-D :-D

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm

draco x wrote:
I hope Remender gives an explanation as to how Skull would be able to get Onslaught's essence seeing as how he was seemingly trapped in the Negative Zone-although it was hinted that Onslaught did escape after fighting the Secret Avengers as he appeared in Cap's dreams. Besides it would be hard as hell for Skull to control a being like Onslaught who is pure energy unless Onslaught willingly allowed the Skull to merge with him for his own purposes.

Onslaught was just a combo of Xavier's and Magneto's dark sides held together my psychic energy. Remender doesn't need to bring back the original.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 865 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 pm

draco x wrote:I hope Remender gives an explanation as to how Skull would be able to get Onslaught's essence seeing as how he was seemingly trapped in the Negative Zone-although it was hinted that Onslaught did escape after fighting the Secret Avengers as he appeared in Cap's dreams. Besides it would be hard as hell for Skull to control a being like Onslaught who is pure energy unless Onslaught willingly allowed the Skull to merge with him for his own purposes.

fieldy snuts wrote:Onslaught was just a combo of Xavier's and Magneto's dark sides held together my psychic energy. Remender doesn't need to bring back the original.

Chances are this Onslaught is a totally new Onslaught who was created with the brain of Charles Xavier was forcibly grafted onto the brain of the Red Skull. If the original Onslaught was created because the the dark part of Magneto's psyche that Xavier absorbed brought out the dark side of Xavier, I can only imagine what Red Skull's psyche would do as a substitute for Magneto's.

That being said, I think this may have been my last issue of this series. On one hand, I really like Rick Remender and I want to see what he can do with these Avengers but on the other hand this series has only been mediocre at best and I was already going to drop this series when Acuña came on board.
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Okay knowing the context of this issue and what all happened made this shit so much better. I'm looking forward to what Remender has planned for this series. The issue itself was good and I enjoyed Havok, Rogue and Cap teaming up against Skull-X. Definitely dug the Days of Future Past nod and I'm looking forward to how that all ties in to this series.

The one thing I don't really care for is adding Sunfire, Wasp and Wonderman to the team.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand