Thursday, April 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey, random thought. Punk/Taker is going to happen, as much as some are vocally against it.

What if it ends in a no contest, like the ref calls the match because the men can't continue? For taker, the streak hasn't ended, because he has never been defeated at Mania.

And punk gets to run with the "best in the world" gimmick further than anyone ever has: "I am the only man the Undertaker couldn't BEAT at Wrestlemania"...
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Hey, random thought. Punk/Taker is going to happen, as much as some are vocally against it.

What if it ends in a no contest, like the ref calls the match because the men can't continue? For taker, the streak hasn't ended, because he has never been defeated at Mania.

And punk gets to run with the "best in the world" gimmick further than anyone ever has: "I am the only man the Undertaker couldn't BEAT at Wrestlemania"...


A draw would still be a blemish to the streak so maybe if they end the match to swerve the crowd and they restart and Undertaker wins.

And you can still have Punk say that he’s was screwed and Vince is protecting these old timers.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:27 am

To me it sounds like he is ready to lose at 'mania, which i guess we all kind of figured out anyway.........


Previewing his upcoming match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29 to IGN.com, WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson explained why he wanted to face the Cenation leader again after defeating him at last year’s show.

“You have to understand that my return back into the WWE was years in the making. And since I’ve been back, it’s been a three year-long journey that started at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. So John has always been my first choice,” Johnson told Matt Fowler.

While contemplating his return to the sports-entertainment organization years ago, Johnson revealed that he wanted to work with the wrestler who he felt would generate the biggest business.

“Here’s the thing,” said Johnson. “The question was that if I was going to go back in the WWE, how could I go back and make the most impact? With who can I headline WrestleMania in that company and make the most impact? And the bottom line is that it continues to be John Cena. Just in terms of, and we’ll use a Hollywood term here, box office appeal. Universal appeal. Athletic pairing. So there are a lot of reasons.”

The Hollywood heavyweight also says he returned to WWE to give back; to elevate the company that led to his success as well as elevate their “number one hero.”

Johnson continued, “With some great drama, some great emotion. This scenario for me is one that I’ve honestly dreamed of. A dream match. And what I’m talking about is being able to go back to the WWE and give back to the business, which is in my blood and has allowed me a platform to perform which then, twelve years ago, allowed me to make he transition to Hollywood. So the scenario I’ve dreamed of is that I’m able to go back, become WWE Champion, go into the what is considered the biggest marketplace in the world, which is the New York City area, at MetLife Stadium and headline WrestleMania as champion and give back to the business, the fans, the company and their number one hero. So I couldn’t have asked for a better scenario and we’re going to have a blast.”

Regarding the WrestleMania bout itself, Johnson said, “I think we’re going to have a great match and my hope is that it’s going to be a classic.”
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Lord Simian wrote:Hey, random thought. Punk/Taker is going to happen, as much as some are vocally against it.

What if it ends in a no contest, like the ref calls the match because the men can't continue? For taker, the streak hasn't ended, because he has never been defeated at Mania.

And punk gets to run with the "best in the world" gimmick further than anyone ever has: "I am the only man the Undertaker couldn't BEAT at Wrestlemania"...

It'd be 20-0-1 which looks even worse, if you ask me.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 am

I think Punk will just win, Undertaker is too old.

I wonder if CM God will reference that time when Undertaker was 'killed' by Yokozuna and met God, who sent him back to Earth. I seem to remember that happening.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 am

I don't why CM Punk would want to be God. God lost his only WWE match.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am

KING King Impulse wrote:I don't why CM Punk would want to be God. God lost his only WWE match.


I want a match between CM God and Mick Foley as Santa Claus.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 am

Punchy wrote:I think Punk will just win, Undertaker is too old.

I wonder if CM God will reference that time when Undertaker was 'killed' by Yokozuna and met God, who sent him back to Earth. I seem to remember that happening.


I don't think so. Not with WM XXX next year. You could argue that Taker could main event next year if he was facing Rock or Cena or maybe Lesnar next year.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 am

Punchy wrote:
I want a match between CM God and Mick Foley as Santa Claus.


Dude Kringle
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am

I think they should involve Undertaker with Team Hell No more than CM Punk, are he and Kane still storyline brothers? You could have him angry with Kane that he's turned his back on evil and started hugging people.

Undertaker Vs Daniel Bryan for the soul of Kane!
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Punchy wrote:I think they should involve Undertaker with Team Hell No more than CM Punk, are he and Kane still storyline brothers? You could have him angry with Kane that he's turned his back on evil and started hugging people.

Undertaker Vs Daniel Bryan for the soul of Kane!



I would love a good 3-4 months of the Brothers of Destruction, just beating people up..

Who can stop the shield?.....Brothers of Destruction

Kane and Bryan have a match and Shield takes out Daniel, (you can throw in them winning the tag titles) Kane has no choice but to find his brother, 2 vs. 3 match at mania

that way taker doesn't have to deal with the stress of a full match

& just because...Paul Bearer as there manager :smt026 I would buy Wrestlemania for just that alone
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YeYIYidC7w
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:I don't why CM Punk would want to be God. God lost his only WWE match.


:-D

Par for the couse with Punk. :P
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Punchy wrote:I think they should involve Undertaker with Team Hell No more than CM Punk, are he and Kane still storyline brothers? You could have him angry with Kane that he's turned his back on evil and started hugging people.

Undertaker Vs Daniel Bryan for the soul of Kane!


:lol:
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Bianco wrote:

I would love a good 3-4 months of the Brothers of Destruction, just beating people up..

Who can stop the shield?.....Brothers of Destruction

Kane and Bryan have a match and Shield takes out Daniel, (you can throw in them winning the tag titles) Kane has no choice but to find his brother, 2 vs. 3 match at mania

that way taker doesn't have to deal with the stress of a full match

& just because...Paul Bearer as there manager :smt026 I would buy Wrestlemania for just that alone


What about Bryan? He’d have no choice but to help the Shield if Kane left him high and dry like that.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarthEwok, Draco x, Earth-2 NoctourneM, Glacier16, Grayson, IvCNuB4, kwiktpyer, Sarahroo, VaderTheTrader and 51 guests