Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I disagree. If anyone deserved to beat Undertaker, it was Randy Orton. The perfect meshing of storyline, characters, and way to truly establish a new star.

I honestly can't believe that was almost 8 years ago! Randy Orton would have been a good choice to end the Undertaker's streak, especially with the Legend Killer gimmick going strong. Although, I really think a strong case could be made for Shawn Michaels ending the streak during their second match at Wrestlemania XXVI.

At this point, I don't think anyone needs to beat the Undertaker and the streak should stay in tact.

It's obvious to me that we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I understand your desire to see the Undertaker's streak remain intact and I can understand the logic behind it but I definitely don't agree with it. To me, it is just like any other title or accolade that is just waiting for the right person to come along and grab it. Undertaker passing the torch to a guy who still have a good amount of time left in his career is the right thing to do at this point. I think that CM Punk is the type of guy who could really do something great following such a high profile win and I admit, I am a little excited just thinking about the amazing promo that he would cut the following night on RAW.

Honestly, I just don't want to see Punk lose to another part time wrestler, especially immediately after losing to the Rock twice. I know you don't think it would do anything to negatively impact his career but still, I don't want to see it. Yeah, Punk is the type of guy who would do it if it was good for business but the man deserves better than that. If the WWE is going to keep putting older superstars over the younger talent, they might as well buy TNA and bring guys like Hogan back to "run wild" all over the roster.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
TBF, you've been making statements like this for the six months and almost none of them have panned out. You'll forgive me if I don't rush to accept your judgment.

So a Rock vs Undertaker at WM XXX wouldn't be a main event match? Or Taker vs. Cena?

Note that I didn't say this was going to happen. I just said if Taker's last match was next year, It could be the WM XXX headline event.Especially if it was against Cena, Rock, or Lesmar.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Sunless
crash test dummy

Formerly: THE Sunless

Postby Sunless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 pm

This might be the first Mania I really don't care about. I have no interest in two of the biggest matches. Once in a lifetime part 2 and Brock/HHH 2 meh.

Swagger Vs Rio could be good, but it'll be on first. If they 18 seconds it I'll be pissed.

Punk/Undertaker should be interesting.

Oh and breaking up Rhodes Scholars so they can be mid card jobbers was really smart.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Sunless wrote:Swagger Vs Rio could be good, but it'll be on first. If they 18 seconds it I'll be pissed.

It looks like WWE is going to stand behind Swagger despite his pending DUI and drug possession charges but I don't really care about this match. Either Del Rio should retain the title or Dolph Ziggler should cash in his Money in the Bank contract and steal the win from Swagger.

Oh and breaking up Rhodes Scholars so they can be mid card jobbers was really smart.

Unfortunately, the WWE hasn't really cared about their Tag Team Division in a long time. It's sad really, especially now that RAW is 3 hours long and there are multiple shows each week but nobody seems to show much interest in rebuilding the division. Honestly, one of my fondest memories of wrestling when I was a kid was renting the second Survivor Series from 1988 at the local video store and watching the 10-on-10 Tag Team Elimination Match. I would love to see the WWE do something like this again to help strengthen and rebuild the Tag Team scene.
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 pm

:lol: @ Kaz.

He referenced that photo of Hogan running lotion on his daughters ass.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Grayson wrote:
It looks like WWE is going to stand behind Swagger despite his pending DUI and drug possession charges but I don't really care about this match. Either Del Rio should retain the title or Dolph Ziggler should cash in his Money in the Bank contract and steal the win from Swagger.

Unfortunately, the WWE hasn't really cared about their Tag Team Division in a long time. It's sad really, especially now that RAW is 3 hours long and there are multiple shows each week but nobody seems to show much interest in rebuilding the division. Honestly, one of my fondest memories of wrestling when I was a kid was renting the second Survivor Series from 1988 at the local video store and watching the 10-on-10 Tag Team Elimination Match. I would love to see the WWE do something like this again to help strengthen and rebuild the Tag Team scene.

With the media exposure the immigration angle has gotten and the Glenn Beck thing, Swagger is very very fricken lucky they didn't job him out faster than RVD. If they ever do punish him it'll be after Mania at this point.

As for Tag Teams, they were doing a good job building them up..... for about a month. Now no one cares again. I'd go as far as to say none of the belts except the WHC and WWE belts get any respect.

IC belt means nothing if Wade or someone else gets RKO'ed every week. US title means about as much.

They could have a good tag team division with Clay/Tensei, PTP, Usos, Epico/Primo, Hell No and Rhodes Scholars, but they dont care. They have the teams though so why! WHY!?

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Grayson wrote:

With the media exposure the immigration angle has gotten and the Glenn Beck thing, Swagger is very very fricken lucky they didn't job him out faster than RVD. If they ever do punish him it'll be after Mania at this point.

As for Tag Teams, they were doing a good job building them up..... for about a month. Now no one cares again. I'd go as far as to say none of the belts except the WHC and WWE belts get any respect.

IC belt means nothing if Wade or someone else gets RKO'ed every week. US title means about as much.

They could have a good tag team division with Clay/Tensei, PTP, Usos, Epico/Primo, Hell No and Rhodes Scholars, but they dont care. They have the teams though so why! WHY!?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:35 pm

This has kind of have happened to the tag division for the entire history of the promotion. There was the golden age when you had teams up and down the card like the Hart Foundation, Rockers, etc. But right around the time of LOD/Nasty Boys/Money Inc, it floundered again. It didn't really pick up until the late 90s. There was a spurt with Bodydonnas, Godwinns, etc., but that was all horrible stuff. After the Hardy/E&C/Dudley/Smackdown Six days, it floundered again. It seemed to be picking back up when they unified the belts, but before you know it Primo and Epico, the modern day equivalent of the Killer Bees, held the belts. That, to me, might have been the lowest point in the history of the titles. But they've done a great job building up the division this past year.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Grayson wrote:
I honestly can't believe that was almost 8 years ago! Randy Orton would have been a good choice to end the Undertaker's streak, especially with the Legend Killer gimmick going strong. Although, I really think a strong case could be made for Shawn Michaels ending the streak during their second match at Wrestlemania XXVI.

It's obvious to me that we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I understand your desire to see the Undertaker's streak remain intact and I can understand the logic behind it but I definitely don't agree with it. To me, it is just like any other title or accolade that is just waiting for the right person to come along and grab it. Undertaker passing the torch to a guy who still have a good amount of time left in his career is the right thing to do at this point. I think that CM Punk is the type of guy who could really do something great following such a high profile win and I admit, I am a little excited just thinking about the amazing promo that he would cut the following night on RAW.

Honestly, I just don't want to see Punk lose to another part time wrestler, especially immediately after losing to the Rock twice. I know you don't think it would do anything to negatively impact his career but still, I don't want to see it. Yeah, Punk is the type of guy who would do it if it was good for business but the man deserves better than that. If the WWE is going to keep putting older superstars over the younger talent, they might as well buy TNA and bring guys like Hogan back to "run wild" all over the roster.

Well said and I absolutely agree 100%!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

TNA finally did the right thing and had Kenny King pin RVD clean to win the X-Division title.

Should've been a PPV win though.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Punk beating Undertaker at WM would make him more than any title reign ever. If he beat Taker, no one would be talking about Rock/Cena, Brock/HHH

And lets face it, The Undertaker doesn't have many matches left in him. Losing to a wrestler at Wrestlemania would make that wrestler a big star. Bigger than beating Stone Cold and the Rock in one night. Punk would be the best choice out of the current roster in my opinion. If it was Cena I'd be likely to slit my wrists.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Sunless wrote:Punk beating Undertaker at WM would make him more than any title reign ever. If he beat Taker, no one would be talking about Rock/Cena, Brock/HHH

And lets face it, The Undertaker doesn't have many matches left in him. Losing to a wrestler at Wrestlemania would make that wrestler a big star. Bigger than beating Stone Cold and the Rock in one night. Punk would be the best choice out of the current roster in my opinion. If it was Cena I'd be likely to slit my wrists.

Fuck! Now that you've said it, it'll be Cena over Taker at Mania XXX. :(
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Fuck! Now that you've said it, it'll be Cena over Taker at Mania XXX. :(

:smt011

No Jude. No.
ImageImageImage

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

The one mountain Hogan never conquered :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum