Wednesday, May 23, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Community

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Actually Troy has been one of the bright spots. I think getting him away from Abed was a good move.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

This season has felt like the rest so far. :smt102

I'm enjoying it.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I wouldn't call it awful but I will say I only laughed like 3 times

Annie's Ring girl entrance, Dean's ring girl costume, and the S and M room.

A few of the characters are off too.

I think that they could find a groove and give us a great show again but I'm not sure if it will happen in these 13 episodes.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm

This season needs more of Annie's boobs.

Hab

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:04 pm

habitual wrote:This season needs more of Annie's boobs.

Hab

8)

Anyways, about the actual episode itself, I thought that "Paranormal Parentage" was another good episode of Community. Once again, it wasn't the best episode but it was still entertaining. I loved Troy and Abed's Calvin and Hobbes costumes as well as Annie's misunderstanding of what type of Ring girl she was supposed to be for her couple's costume with Jeff. Dean Pelton's timing was perfect when he arrived as the right type Ring girl much to Jeff's horror. If anything, I have to hand it to the new showrunners for being able to keep the show familiar enough while finding their own footing as they go forward.

As Punchy pointed out, the drama surrounding Jeff's dad has been well done so far and I am really intrigued to see how it will all play out. We know that his father will be on the show this season but I am really hoping that the story won't feel rushed when compressed into the remaining 12 episodes.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Ratings down 42%.

Wow.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Not terrible, but not the show I fell in love with. It's not so bad that I need to quit watching. Yet.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Ratings down 42%.

Wow.

Yeah, I read about that too. Although they are also reporting that ratings were down across the board last night, Community was definitely hit the hardest. It probably doesn't help that they aired the Halloween episode that was going to coincide with Halloween when it was originally supposed to air on October 26th.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:25 am

about time we had a good episode. i actually liked this one.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 am

"This whole time we thought the Germans were the Germans. But it turns out, we're the Germans."

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am

I liked it and hated it.

I liked it because it was a fun episode and reminded me of everything I love about the show.

I hated it because there's an air of finality around the show so I feel like every episode has to seriously bring it and when this one didn't, I was underwhelmed.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:48 am

It was just so-so for me.

better than last week's.

Understandable how ratings are down so much. I almost didn't want to watch, but my wife reminded me (it was DVR'd n e way). I think I laughed once or twice. (once at something Troy sed, once at "Changnesia")

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 am

I wonder why they couldn't get Nick Kroll to be a German again.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:01 am

Punchy wrote:I wonder why they couldn't get Nick Kroll to be a German again.

like jumping aboard a sinking ship

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I felt like this one was aired out of order. This should have followed the premiere.

It wasn't that funny, there were a couple of good parts but I felt like nothing really took off in a hilarious way.

Pierce has been pretty pointless this season, the worst written character on the show since Harmon's firing.

leave a comment with facebook