Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

About @DCFRANKENSTEIN

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 pm

So, I've recently returned to the board after a while away, and obviously a few things have changed. One thing I've noticed is that there's a Frankenstein twitter parody account affiliated with the site. Why does it speak like The Hulk? I know there are already loads of Hulk parody accounts on Twitter, and there's no need for another one, but DC's Frankenstein is known for being overly flowery with language if anything. I've often described him as only ever speaking in Jack Kirby cover blurbs.

I know it's a minor, super nerdy nitpick, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Cause it's funny.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm

I know there are already loads of Hulk parody accounts on Twitter, and there's no need for another one..


:lol:

This statement comes from someone who allegedly just launched a podcast about entertainment media?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm

The joke is that, once the character lost his series at DC, he had to sell his brain for rent money.

Also, Jude wanted to make a bunch of Phil Hartman Frankenstein jokes.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 pm

BlueMole wrote:The joke is that, once the character lost his series at DC, he had to sell his brain for rent money.

Also, Jude wanted to make a bunch of Phil Hartman Frankenstein jokes.

Cool, Jude PM'd me to explain it and it makes sense. I wasn't having a go, I was just curious.

The world always needs more Phil Hartman.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
:lol:

This statement comes from someone who allegedly just launched a podcast about entertainment media?

I don't really see what you're getting at?

How did I allegedly launch a podcast? When you say it like that, it sounds like your doubting the existence of it?
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Here's the answer from the articles "about the author" section:

About the Author - Frankenstein, Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

Frankenstein is the swordwielding monsterfighting monster formerly employed by S.H.A.D.E., a global agency dedicated to fighting weird stuff. Unfortunately, Dan Didio laid off Frankenstein due to low sales, and Frank quickly lost the bulk of his intelligence trying to piece together DC continuity while updating his resume. Luckily, the Outhouse's staff is largely made up of dumb beasts, and Frank is now working as an contributing reporter while he is between jobs.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Cause it's funny.

Nope. Not really. I cant be the only one that doesnt find it along with the "humor" news articles funny.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Nope. Not really. I cant be the only one that doesnt find it along with the "humor" news articles funny.


Of the thousands we've written, not a single one. :lol:
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Of the thousands we've written, not a single one. :lol:

Well its annoying and thats why I'm going to CBR for my news.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 pm

BlueMole wrote:The joke is that, once the character lost his series at DC, he had to sell his brain for rent money.


Rumor has it that Frank could be making much better money using another significant organ of his :groucho:
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Nope. Not really. I cant be the only one that doesnt find it along with the "humor" news articles funny.


Oh, shit, guys! Call the humor stuff off, one guy doesn't like it! ;)

I'm just messing with you, but the response we've gotten has been positive for the most part, so it's here to stay. Sorry. :)
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Oh, shit, guys! Call the humor stuff off, one guy doesn't like it! ;)

I'm just messing with you, but the response we've gotten has been positive for the most part, so it's here to stay. Sorry. :)

Eh whatever. Its fine I just have days where I cant take it.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:So, I've recently returned to the board after a while away, and obviously a few things have changed. One thing I've noticed is that there's a Frankenstein twitter parody account affiliated with the site. Why does it speak like The Hulk? I know there are already loads of Hulk parody accounts on Twitter, and there's no need for another one, but DC's Frankenstein is known for being overly flowery with language if anything. I've often described him as only ever speaking in Jack Kirby cover blurbs.

I know it's a minor, super nerdy nitpick, but it just doesn't make sense to me.


Why not Ask FRANK?

Someone else did.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/120171-frank-help-1-22-2013.html
User avatar

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Nope. Not really. I cant be the only one that doesnt find it along with the "humor" news articles funny.



well shit, someone on the internet thinks something isn't funny = must be true then

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarrySagittarius, e_galston, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Google [Bot], Grayson, Herald, Pizza Dog, Spacedog, Stephen Day, VaderTheTrader, Ward Fowler and 93 guests