Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

In modern comics, should there really be a Robin anymore?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm

welcher

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:welcher

there's no welching...i never said anything as stupid as "you guys are all crazy, he doesn't die in issue 8". i said he won't stay dead. if you bet on something else, that's a problem with your reading comprehension, not me. :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Robin died! Spoiler alert!!!

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Just to be clear, I think Batman should be mentoring someone, it brings out the best in him, but not a kid.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Well, who knows at this point. I think the amount of Robins are a bit ridiculous even with one of them now gone. I think when they nu52'd everything, they should have gone back to one Robin only, then eventually let him turn to Nightwing and maybe years down the road replace him with another. But trying to make it like Batman went through five in a few years didn't make much sense. As it is now, let Bruce go solo a while and let the robins all go on their merry way.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 pm

xaraan wrote:Well, who knows at this point. I think the amount of Robins are a bit ridiculous even with one of them now gone. I think when they nu52'd everything, they should have gone back to one Robin only, then eventually let him turn to Nightwing and maybe years down the road replace him with another. But trying to make it like Batman went through five in a few years didn't make much sense. As it is now, let Bruce go solo a while and let the robins all go on their merry way.

Tim Drake was never Robin in the DCnU though. He was Red Robin. :P

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Punchy wrote:
'Even' Damian? He's the only one who's actually related to Bruce Wayne!

I don't believe that's technically true: wasn't Dick legally adopted several years ago, making him officially Bruce's son? :)

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Yes, officially Dick and Tim are Bruce's sons, and... at the end of Batgirl: Redemption he announced he was adopting Cassandra as well. That makes three sons and a daughter.

Seriously, Bruce Wayne is the Mia Farrow of the DCU.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Tim Drake was never Robin in the DCnU though. He was Red Robin. :P

Yea, I read the zero issues. Same diff though. Too many of those little bastards running around.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Robin died! Spoiler alert!!!

:smt017

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 am

Zechs wrote:
:smt017

I'm pretty sure that character doesn't exist in current continuity. What was her name....the Phantasm?

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 am

The majority of my fave Batman stories ever don't feature Robin or any of his "family" I prefer Batman working solo with Alfred.

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 am

The majority of my fave Batman stories ever don't feature Robin or any of his "family" I prefer Batman working solo with Alfred.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 am

Lord Simian wrote:
I don't believe that's technically true: wasn't Dick legally adopted several years ago, making him officially Bruce's son? :)

I don't want to do an Avengers movie and insult adopted people, but being his biological son since the beginning is different from having a retconned-in adoption. For most of Dick Grayson's history, he was just a 'ward'.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

I'm pretty sure that character doesn't exist in current continuity. What was her name....the Phantasm?

What character? I don't see anything? :smt017

leave a comment with facebook