Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New Green Lantern Teams and Series Announced

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:15 am

bkthomson wrote:Was there not suppose to be a Dex-Starr valentine's day special?


Johns planned to have a fight between Dex-Starr and Krypto in Blackest Night but he couldn't fit it in, So he was going to put the fight into a Dex-Starr valentine's day special.

At the 2012 San Diego Comic Con Johns pointed out that it was postponed due to the nature of what's happening with Krypto and the relaunch.

So it's still likely to happen, just not ... now :cry:
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
Johns planned to have a fight between Dex-Starr and Krypto in Blackest Night but he couldn't fit it in, So he was going to put the fight into a Dex-Starr valentine's day special.

At the 2012 San Diego Comic Con Johns pointed out that it was postponed due to the nature of what's happening with Krypto and the relaunch.

So it's still likely to happen, just not ... now :cry:

That bastard. :smile:
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Interview with Venditti is up on Newsarama.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 am

So, the writing team on Larfleeze: Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis.

Dammit, DC! Now I'm going to have to buy the damn thing! :x
User avatar

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 am

nietoperz wrote:So, the writing team on Larfleeze: Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis.

Dammit, DC! Now I'm going to have to buy the damn thing! :x


Fuck... me too. :smt013
This actually sounds like it has potential. Damnit.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 am

I would rather they bring back the Darkstars than give Larfleeze his own series. I don't see him really carrying an ongoing for some reason.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:45 am

The Darkstars were always kind of superfluous, even back in the days when there was only one GL title. Nowadays they have no room in the DCU.

And I agreed with you about Larfleeze until the creative team was announced. Now, though, it's going to be on my pull.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

Fuck off Larfleeze CUNT
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 am

:lol:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 am

If any of you buy Larfleeze... you're DEAD TO ME
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry Punchy, Keith 'n' Marc make it a necessary purchase. In 27(!) years they have never once failed to deliver, and are the only writers who can make the character work.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am

Punchy wrote:If any of you buy Larfleeze... you're DEAD TO ME


Then I guess we're on good terms as I have no interest in buying a Larfleeze book. I still don't see how they can make him interesting outside of him being a greedy douchebag.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am

nietoperz wrote:The Darkstars were always kind of superfluous, even back in the days when there was only one GL title. Nowadays they have no room in the DCU.

And I agreed with you about Larfleeze until the creative team was announced. Now, though, it's going to be on my pull.


Sad but true. Besides, didn't the Didiocracy kill off all the Darkstar characters except for Donna if memory serves me?
User avatar

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Punchy wrote:If any of you buy Larfleeze... you're DEAD TO ME


Maybe you should start a tumblr about how awful Larfleeze is and keep track of all the people that are now dead to you because of it.

:D
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:01 pm

guitargod694 wrote:
Maybe you should start a tumblr about how awful Larfleeze is and keep track of all the people that are now dead to you because of it.

:D


Ha!

Maybe I should, but I would probably end up destroying my computer.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle-Tain Summer, Glaeken, IvCNuB4, Tanuki and 60 guests