Advertisement

ECCC DC Comics All-Access Panel News

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 316 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Highlights from Friday's DC Panel

Source: DC / Newsarama / CBR

Emerald City Comic Con started it's comics convention Friday in Seattle,with DC Comics kicking off its panel programming  with DC Comics – All Access

- DC's Vertigo imprint will return to 100 Bullets with a new series by creators Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso called Brother Lono. Vertigo Editor Mark Doyle called it the "sort of sequel" to the crime series. 

- Vertigo's new series debuting in May is called The Wake with artist Sean Murphy. They described it as "a post-Apocalyptic element, with all kinds of oddities".

- Jeff Lemire spoke about Justice League Dark saying that in the next arc "we get to see what the rest of the superhero world thinks of people like John Constantine and Madam Xanadu. And a familiar villain comes back in a really horrific guise."  He then went on to say that the opening arc of  Constantine deals with the lead character's return to London after living in the States for a while, and "every possible angle of the city tries to finish him off. You get to see how he gets in and gets out...if he does."

- Derek Fridolfs teases that the next storyline for Justice League Beyond will expand the ranks of the team to being much bigger than it ever was in the cartoons, adding a female Flash and exploring cities outside Gotham and Metropolis from the Beyond Universe.

- Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen addressed their digital series Lil Gotham saying that their goal was to make a book that was cute by still having some more "bad ass" moments. 

- Joshua Fialkov on I Vampire:  "We've killed everyone...if you haven't been reading the book it's probably not a great time to jump on, but our second trade is in stores next week!"

- Fan-boy obsession with Stephanie Brown and Wally West's appearance in the DCU came up. Asked if they wanted a Wally appearance in the New 52, the crowd cheered before being told "Too bad." Then the answer shifted towards "Never say never" hinting that fans should track down Flash writer Brian Buccellato demand he write Wally into the book. 

Be sure to check out our friends at  CBR and Newsarama for further details.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: ECCC DC Comics All-Access Panel News

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

I loved 100 Bullets but who really wants to read a series about Lono?

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I loved 100 Bullets but who really wants to read a series about Lono?

I would, but that is just because I miss this team and universes.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Did Lono survive the series? I read it last year but don't remember.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

The cancellation of I, Vampire is really just criminal. One of the better NuDC titles.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 am

"Too bad" :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand