Advertisement

ECCC: DC Comics - The New 52 Panel

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Teasers and tidbits from James Robinson, Kyle Higgins, James Tynion IV, Gail Simone, Brian Buccellato, Kevin Maguire

Source: CBR

- James Tynion on the future of Talon: as  of issue #5 the full cast has been set into place including regular villains. "This is where things really start ramping up...we're going to get more information on how the Court of Owls operates now, and we're going to meet the current grandmaster of the Court of Owls and understand that a bit more...there's a very major figure coming up that nobody is expecting, and it's going to be really cool," Tynion said.

- Kyle Higgins addressed the upcoming move to Chicago for Nightwing, saying, "This is kind of our huge opus Nightwing story." He and artist Brett Booth "are looking to world build" making the Windy City its own history and mysteries as it relates to the superheroes of the DCU.

- A preview of Batgirl #20's new version of the Ventriloquist was shown.  Simone said: "For those of you who think we were going to lighten up after 'Death of the Family'...wrong!" The  new story picks up in #19 to pay off some long simmering plot threads before the villain gets introduced to be a horrific foe for Barbara Gordon. "She's terrifying, though...trust me."

- Simone also spoke about her new title,The Movement.  Simone promises it will be a very different book than people had seen from her or comics before. She compared it  to The Authority and Secret Six. The series focuses on a band of teenagers fed up with a corrupt system. "It's in the DCU, but it's a very global book. It's got as much diversity as you can squeeze into a comic of any kind," she said, praising Freddie E. Williams II's art on the book. 

- The Reverse Flash will be spotlighted for a long arc in The Flash that will take most of the next year, but he's not the only character who will be showing up. Trickster will be used in a two-part story before that. The Reverse Flash will be different in both secret identity and power set than any version of the character that has appeared before. 

- James Robinson spoke about Earth 2: upcoming issues will feature the origin of the new Dr. Fate. "All of it is drawn by Nicola Scott, the entire arc," He also promises that Nicola Scott has raised the artistic bar even further. In issue #13, the story of Captain Steel will be shown in full after the hero is introduced in the upcoming Annual. "It's one of the pieces of what DC and I are planning...little pieces building and building into what will be a major event for DC in 2014." The Annual issue will also introduce the new Batman of Earth 2. "Who this character is will be a secret for a while," Robinson said, noting that the character will be a huge part of Earth 2 and the entire DCU moving forward for a long time. 

- Robinson also teased that in Earth 2 #11, the foldout cover for DC's "WTF Certified" promotion would introduce two characters "you'll never expect in a million years" to the series.

- Fan questions that were answered with a "stay tuned" response included the possibility of an Earth 2 spinoff series, a return of Booster Gold, and a series for the Atom.

Be sure to check out  CBR  for further details and information.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 132 posts

Re: ECCC: DC Comics - The New 52 Panel

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm

The Movement = Dead on arrival.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

alaska1125 wrote:The Movement = Dead on arrival.

No booster series but this? Yah, I agree

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I like the idea of a street-level Authority.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 297 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

holtom2000 wrote:No booster series but this?

"Stay tuned" :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

alaska1125
dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 pm

False Prophet wrote:I like the idea of a street-level Authority.

That concept makes exactly zero sense to me. "Street-level" and "The Authority" are completely at odds with each other in my mind.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

alaska1125 wrote:That concept makes exactly zero sense to me. "Street-level" and "The Authority" are completely at odds with each other in my mind.

To me, Authority was the ultimate power fantasy, of the big, bright capes who decided to end the status quo and change the world. I guess I'm interested in seeing how that would work without the alien tech, god-level powers, and with the overall disadvantages that prevent the good guys from able to to bully those who disagree with them into submission.

alaska1125
dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm

False Prophet wrote:
To me, Authority was the ultimate power fantasy, of the big, bright capes who decided to end the status quo and change the world. I guess I'm interested in seeing how that would work without the alien tech, god-level powers, and with the overall disadvantages that prevent the good guys from able to to bully those who disagree with them into submission.

I'm guessing it goes a little like the last five years of New Avengers.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 323 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 am

So Flash just ended a gorilla story that feels like it took 6 years to tell and now they're announcing the Revere Flash story will take a year to tell? For a book about the world's fastest man, it sure is slow (and dropped).

Love the Earth 2 hints (especially Nicola staying on (for now).

as for The Movement - Simone had me at "I'm doing a new book".

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:14 am

Can't wait to see Nightwing in Boystown. :lol:

He can fight new villains like Manhole and his Big Chix.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 am

It's got as much diversity as you can squeeze into a comic of any kind...

Sarah Jane the lesbian eskimo midget left-handed ninja albino or GTFO.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 297 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:33 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Can't wait to see Nightwing in Boystown. :lol:

He can fight new villains like Manhole and his Big Chix.

"Manhole" closed down 10 years ago. It's an obnoxious twink & fag hag bar now :evil:

How do you even know about that ? :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
"Manhole" closed down 10 years ago. It's an obnoxious twink & fag hag bar now :evil:

How do you even know about that ? :lol:

Back in the '90s for a time, I was the lone straight guy working in an art gallery not far from there and I got dragged along after hours to all sorts of seedy places with my friends and coworkers. Not literally "dragged", though, but several of my friends were drag queens and I saw a lot of drag shows. Vortex, Big Chicks, a lot of S&M bars I can't remember the names of (besides Exit). I tried to never appear shocked by anything I saw. :D

I made up those names because I knew you'd get the references too! :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews