Teasers and tidbits from James Robinson, Kyle Higgins, James Tynion IV, Gail Simone, Brian Buccellato, Kevin Maguire
- James Tynion on the future of Talon: as of issue #5 the full cast has been set into place including regular villains. "This is where things really start ramping up...we're going to get more information on how the Court of Owls operates now, and we're going to meet the current grandmaster of the Court of Owls and understand that a bit more...there's a very major figure coming up that nobody is expecting, and it's going to be really cool," Tynion said.
- Kyle Higgins addressed the upcoming move to Chicago for Nightwing, saying, "This is kind of our huge opus Nightwing story." He and artist Brett Booth "are looking to world build" making the Windy City its own history and mysteries as it relates to the superheroes of the DCU.
- A preview of Batgirl #20's new version of the Ventriloquist was shown. Simone said: "For those of you who think we were going to lighten up after 'Death of the Family'...wrong!" The new story picks up in #19 to pay off some long simmering plot threads before the villain gets introduced to be a horrific foe for Barbara Gordon. "She's terrifying, though...trust me."
- Simone also spoke about her new title,The Movement. Simone promises it will be a very different book than people had seen from her or comics before. She compared it to The Authority and Secret Six. The series focuses on a band of teenagers fed up with a corrupt system. "It's in the DCU, but it's a very global book. It's got as much diversity as you can squeeze into a comic of any kind," she said, praising Freddie E. Williams II's art on the book.
- The Reverse Flash will be spotlighted for a long arc in The Flash that will take most of the next year, but he's not the only character who will be showing up. Trickster will be used in a two-part story before that. The Reverse Flash will be different in both secret identity and power set than any version of the character that has appeared before.
- James Robinson spoke about Earth 2: upcoming issues will feature the origin of the new Dr. Fate. "All of it is drawn by Nicola Scott, the entire arc," He also promises that Nicola Scott has raised the artistic bar even further. In issue #13, the story of Captain Steel will be shown in full after the hero is introduced in the upcoming Annual. "It's one of the pieces of what DC and I are planning...little pieces building and building into what will be a major event for DC in 2014." The Annual issue will also introduce the new Batman of Earth 2. "Who this character is will be a secret for a while," Robinson said, noting that the character will be a huge part of Earth 2 and the entire DCU moving forward for a long time.
- Robinson also teased that in Earth 2 #11, the foldout cover for DC's "WTF Certified" promotion would introduce two characters "you'll never expect in a million years" to the series.
- Fan questions that were answered with a "stay tuned" response included the possibility of an Earth 2 spinoff series, a return of Booster Gold, and a series for the Atom.
Be sure to check out CBR for further details and information.
Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4
READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!