Advertisement

Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown Thread

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Re: Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown Thread

Postby Sunless » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Zechs wrote:
Indeed. So much better than the garbage they churn out now. In fact if DC had kept things no doubt things be even more impactful in the books around the Bat Family then they are now. Still.. that's what fandom are for.

For the first time in my comic reading life I'm not reading any bat books. Feels weird. I'm down to two DC books, Earth 2 and World's Finest

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Sunless wrote:
For the first time in my comic reading life I'm not reading any bat books. Feels weird. I'm down to two DC books, Earth 2 and World's Finest

The last DC book I bought was Batman Inc vol. 2 #4. I haven't looked back in buying any single issues from DC and have been buying trades of old stories. I'm kind of thankful DC has sucked so badly, because it helps feed all the stuff IDW is making of TMNT and Godzilla. :P I'll be buying my first and only New 52 trade this year in the collected edition of the Shade mini.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:20 am

Zechs wrote:
The last DC book I bought was Batman Inc vol. 2 #4. I haven't looked back in buying any single issues from DC and have been buying trades of old stories. I'm kind of thankful DC has sucked so badly, because it helps feed all the stuff IDW is making of TMNT and Godzilla. :P I'll be buying my first and only New 52 trade this year in the collected edition of the Shade mini.

I've always been more a Marvel guy anyway. I keep trying with DC I really do. but these days I skip past them and check out anything that looks interesting from Image (minus Kirkman) Avatar, Dynamite etc.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Sunless wrote:
I've always been more a Marvel guy anyway. I keep trying with DC I really do. but these days I skip past them and check out anything that looks interesting from Image (minus Kirkman) Avatar, Dynamite etc.

Oh I was once a die hard DC guy. But the new 52 killed about all interest I ever had with DC. I'm just not into their books given A.) they don't cater to what I want to read. B.) The stories don't impress me. C.) If they do, editorial makes sure to kill the book by adding Rob Liefeld or someone else because their book got canned.

Also a better resolution pic to the one I earlier posted

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Zechs wrote:Also a better resolution pic to the one I earlier posted

Poor poor Steph. Once again crying her eyes out because all she can do is imitate the one true Batgirl :twisted:

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Ugh, Babs is much more interesting as Oracle.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Poor poor Steph. Once again crying her eyes out because all she can do is imitate the one true Batgirl :twisted:

Barbara is just crying over the fact she wish she had the character development Steph had in the eighteen issues she had that Barbara still hasn't gotten.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Character development ? The most interesting thing about Blonde Bimbo Place-Holder Batgirl was her Bat-Tumbler and she couldn't even figure out how to start that without consulting Oracle first :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 pm

I respect Barbara as the original Batgirl and all but she matured nicely as Oracle and should have stayed in that role. As far as I am concerned, Cassandra is the next best in the role after her.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Character development ? The most interesting thing about Blonde Bimbo Place-Holder Batgirl was her Bat-Tumbler and she couldn't even figure out how to start that without consulting Oracle first :lol:

At least the causalities for her as Batgirl aren't as high as Barbara's. Seriously is New 52 Barbara Gordon that bad at protecting people but innocents and criminals? By the way isn't it funny that Gail Simone keeps referencing that "defining" moment that hindered her, and the irony of the situation now is that moment defines her character. Kind of sad isn't it?

Stephanie's author kind of did the wise thing and left that in the dust for the most part. Plus she smacked Bruce point blank. What did Barbara do? She hugged him and now is all... "OOOH BAD BRUCE! I'm broody now. This is my broody face."

*yawn*

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 am

Zechs wrote:
At least the causalities for her as Batgirl aren't as high as Barbara's. Seriously is New 52 Barbara Gordon that bad at protecting people but innocents and criminals? By the way isn't it funny that Gail Simone keeps referencing that "defining" moment that hindered her, and the irony of the situation now is that moment defines her character. Kind of sad isn't it?

Stephanie's author kind of did the wise thing and left that in the dust for the most part. Plus she smacked Bruce point blank. What did Barbara do? She hugged him and now is all... "OOOH BAD BRUCE! I'm broody now. This is my broody face."

*yawn*

I've got the 2nd Batgirl HC from the local library in my reading pile. This is the same joint that didn't stock the first Steph trade when I pushed for it, a year or two back. :|

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 pm

GLX wrote:
I've got the 2nd Batgirl HC from the local library in my reading pile. This is the same joint that didn't stock the first Steph trade when I pushed for it, a year or two back. :|

That blows. But then considering how much the first Steph trade is now worth on the market ($104.99 for a new copy). The library by me had a serious fan of Cass's. Two of her trades via ongoing, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive volumes, and No Man's Land vol. 3 (the old edition). They also had a VERY nice choice of rare Batman trades too. I read the Hugo Strange saga Strange Apparitions and Batgirl Year One. Boo yah.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Zechs wrote:
That blows. But then considering how much the first Steph trade is now worth on the market ($104.99 for a new copy). The library by me had a serious fan of Cass's. Two of her trades via ongoing, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive volumes, and No Man's Land vol. 3 (the old edition). They also had a VERY nice choice of rare Batman trades too. I read the Hugo Strange saga Strange Apparitions and Batgirl Year One. Boo yah.

I read all 4 volumes of No Man's Land (the new trades) a month or so ago. I'm not necessarily willing to buy previous issues/collections of the previous Batgirl series. Money ain't commonplace.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 am

GLX wrote:
I read all 4 volumes of No Man's Land (the new trades) a month or so ago. I'm not necessarily willing to buy previous issues/collections of the previous Batgirl series. Money ain't commonplace.

Very true, I'd kill for a better remastered trade of Cassandra's. With the issues in ORDER.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Tumblr really seems to love this scenario:

. Image

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand