Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Clear" - RATE IT!

10
3
10%
 
Chris, GOSD, S.F. Jude Terror
9
9
30%
 
GHERU, Glacier16, Grayson, habitual, misac, oogy, pastajoe, Tattooed Jesus, ~Alima~
8
6
20%
 
dairydead, doombug, jeremy, kwiktpyer, nicolemarie116, smackdaddyc
7
4
13%
 
e_galston, GiveWarAChance, superfictious, syxxpakk
6
4
13%
 
Eli Katz, IvCNuB4, Lord Simian, MistaT
5
0
No votes
 
4
2
7%
 
Amoebas, Victorian Squid
3
0
No votes
 
2
1
3%
 
Frag
1
1
3%
 
thefourthman
 
Total votes : 30

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41495
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 156 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Rick's been crazy and destructive as well, pretending he's 'seeing things' like it's special instead of fucking nuts is some dumb-ass TV crap cliche right there. Probably a fucking trope for it and everything.


How are they saying it's special and not nuts?

You guys are just trying to find shit to hate about now. :lol:

They've only gone out of their way to portray Rick as being just a couple steps away from Morgan crazy-town, even having Tyrese's gang say he's fucking crazy and join up with the Governor because of it..
Image

Advertisement

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9963
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 232 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby dairydead » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 am

I think it was a really great episode. There was some weird stuff: getting shot in the stomach makes you go to sleep. Rick getting stabbed for no reason with absolutely zero consequence.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41495
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 156 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:32 am

dairydead wrote:I think it was a really great episode. There was some weird stuff: getting shot in the stomach makes you go to sleep. Rick getting stabbed for no reason with absolutely zero consequence.

He wasn't shot in the stomach. He was shot in the vest, which probably broke some ribs and knocked him out. Or something. :lol:

The stabbing was totes lutzy though. :D

Rick is pretty hardcore I guess. Get stabbed in chest, no punctured lung, no major pain, just a little blood. :lol:
Image

jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13232
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby jeremy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56 am

Much better episode this week. They seem to be getting it back on track.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77417
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1152 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:Bungled plot details and questionable geography aside, this was the best episode of thus far of this half-season thus far. It's too much to hope that we never deal with the Governor sturm und drang anymore, but a part of me can hold out hope.


This. I enjoyed the episode, and I'm surprised to see it get so much criticism when, compared to the bungling of the Woodbury stuff, this was pure cinematic genius. :P
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36331
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

Total filler.

Let's see:

Rick and Michonne leaving that back packing guy was another douche move and taking his bag after he was dead was teh lools.
They are still close enough to Rick's town?
Doesn't anyone stop to talk before they start shooting each other?
Why did Carl's shot knock the dude unconscious?
Good to see dumb, irresponsible Carl back.

And what did the "clear" mean? Was it just crazy talk?

This episode sucked. CDC style suckage.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77417
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1152 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 am

Though Chris likes it a lot, so now I'm second-guessing myself. After LOST, I feel we can't ever see eye to eye again.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77417
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1152 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Total filler.

Let's see:

Rick and Michonne leaving that back packing guy was another douche move and taking his bag after he was dead was teh lools.
They are still close enough to Rick's town?
Doesn't anyone stop to talk before they start shooting each other?
Why did Carl's shot knock the dude unconscious?
Good to see dumb, irresponsible Carl back.

And what did the "clear" mean? Was it just crazy talk?

This episode sucked. CDC style suckage.


Eh. Filler was welcome when the alternative is more Andrea and the Governor.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13540
Likes: 764 posts
Liked in: 273 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby doombug » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 am

There's a difference between "dumb carl" and a kid who is just trying to keep a memory of a happier time alive.

Goddamn people. :smt011
Image

Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36331
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 am

doombug wrote:There's a difference between "dumb carl" and a kid who is just trying to keep a memory of a happier time alive.

Goddamn people. :smt011


I disagree. That was dumb Carl.

Carl who wanted to keep a memory would have gone up to his dad and said, "there's a picture of us with mom hanging in this restaurant and I want to get it for Judith.

Dumb Carl tries to run off on his own and do it. Big difference.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77417
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1152 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I disagree. That was dumb Carl.

Carl who wanted to keep a memory would have gone up to his dad and said, "there's a picture of us with mom hanging in this restaurant and I want to get it for Judith.

Dumb Carl tries to run off on his own and do it. Big difference.


People in the walking dead are on average much stupider than people in real life. You have to take that into account and suspend disbelief. Carl is actually smart compared to characters like Lori and Andrea.

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10933
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am

Stupid episode.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21745
Likes: 259 posts
Liked in: 639 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 am

10? People really gave it a 10? :smt017

10 means 'this is is as good as it could ever get' doesn't it? (or is it opposite day and I didn't get the memo?)

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 am

Bungling plot details (which questionable geography also falls under) IS bad writing, pure and simple. It is lazy or that shows you think your audience is dumb and won't notice. Either way it brings the show down and I'm sorry, but when I spend the first quarter of a show trying to figure out what the hell is going, it tends to ruin the rest of the episode for me.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41495
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 156 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am

I still don't know how this was questionable geography.

We didn't see them leave the prison. We didn't see them return to the prison. They were in a car. They could've been driving for 10 hours for all we know.

You guys are ridiculous with this complaint. :lol:
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests

Advertisement