Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Clear" - RATE IT!

10%

Chris, GOSD, S.F. Jude Terror
30%

Bert Macklin FBI, GHERU, Glacier16, Grayson, habitual, misac, oogy, pastajoe, ~Alima~
20%

dairydead, doombug, jeremy, kwiktpyer, nicolemarie116, smackdaddyc
13%

e_galston, GiveWarAChance, superfictious, syxxpakk
13%

Eli Katz, IvCNuB4, Lord Simian, MistaT
No votes

7%

Amoebas, Victorian Squid
No votes

3%

Frag
3%

thefourthman

Total votes : 30

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby doombug » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:I still don't know how this was questionable geography.

We didn't see them leave the prison. We didn't see them return to the prison. They were in a car. They could've been driving for 10 hours for all we know.

You guys are ridiculous with this complaint. :lol:

yup!

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 21 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

If there is an argument in the prison next week about how reckless it was for Rick to take two of their best fighters with him on a two day trip to stock up the stockades right after a brutal attack on the complex, then I will agree it may have been a hasty complaint, but in a show that is usually pretty good in paying attention, there were big gaffs here. Sorry that you don't agree, but it is not a ridiculous complaint. It drew me out of the show, it hurt the show in future viewings for me, therefore it was the worst episode of the series for me.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:03 pm

We didn't see them leave the prison. We didn't see them return to the prison. They were in a car. They could've been driving for 10 hours for all we know.

I really doubt Rick thought it was a good idea to drive 10 hours away from his baby daughter when they were possibly under attack from Woodbury.

That makes it even dumber, IMO.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Loved this episode and thought it was the best of the season thus far
took me a minute to remember that the last ep ended with the three of them getting in the car, but other than a bad "previously on" segment the ep was fantastic
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby misac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I guess half the episode should have been the car ride. :smt102

As for Carl’s dumb move, yeah he’s better at compartmentalize and has kept it together, but he’s still just a kid and probably more sentimental. I totally get it.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:If there is an argument in the prison next week about how reckless it was for Rick to take two of their best fighters with him on a two day trip to stock up the stockades right after a brutal attack on the complex, then I will agree it may have been a hasty complaint, but in a show that is usually pretty good in paying attention, there were big gaffs here. Sorry that you don't agree, but it is not a ridiculous complaint. It drew me out of the show, it hurt the show in future viewings for me, therefore it was the worst episode of the series for me.

Daryl, Merle, Glenn, and Maggie are all more reliable "fighters" than Carl, and Michonne isn't as capable as Daryl or Merle, arguably. The whole point is that Rick trusts Daryl lead the people in his absence.

Also, i hate the idea that characters aren't allowed to use poor judgement, or not allowed to be illogical. You sound like Strict: everything has to be "logical", or it isn't realistic. In fact the more stupid choices they make, the more "realistic" the show gets.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Why change the voting so we can't see who scored what? :?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Definitely a nine.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: The Walking Dead 3.12

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 pm

jaxstraww wrote:
He lasted all these months. Should have known better than to start screaming to attract walkers. Where was his weapon? That was just an add in showing that the group is closed to membership for the most part. At this stage I'm not backpacking anywhere.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I had all the same thoughts. He's the one guy who can't figure out how to operate any of the thousands of vehicles he's passed, too. "Fuck cars, I'm doing this for the environment!" Dumb ass.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Why change the voting so we can't see who scored what? :?

So I can resist the urge to haze all the people bitching about picayune shit as far as this episode goes.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 pm

habitual wrote:
So I can resist the urge to haze all the people bitching about picayune shit as far as this episode goes.

Hab

That doesn't make sense, you're obviously responding to what is posted in the thread anyway. If you haven't gotten used to people not agreeing with you at this late date, you wouldn't even lurk here.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I really doubt Rick thought it was a good idea to drive 10 hours away from his baby daughter when they were possibly under attack from Woodbury.

That makes it even dumber, IMO.

How much good would he be if they have no ammo? What would he or michonne do.... Throw rocks at the armed paramilitary guys?

The needs outweighed the risks. They needed more guns and ammo if they're going to put up a fight.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I did not do that. I'm on tapatalk now so I can't check but I will in a minute.

It was fine earlier.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 pm

The episode has gotten great reviews everywhere -- except here. :lol:

IGN: 9.6
For the second season in a row, The Walking Dead took Rick Grimes and a couple of others away from the rest of the characters for an entire episode. And for the second season in a row, this led to one of the best episodes yet for the series.

Vulture: 4 out of 5
The Walking Dead may be the weirdest show on television right now. All season long it’s been dragging its feet (and I’m not talking about zombies here) and then suddenly it delivers a very good episode like last night’s.

io9:
Last week I mentioned that The Walking Dead is a deeply flawed show. I stand by that — I enjoy the show, but it's despite lack of characterization and ridiculously straightforward dialogue (let me put it this way; I'm hard-pressed to think of a more popular show whose characters audiences merely tolerate, not enjoy). I mention this because last night's "Clear" is just about perfect, easily the best TWD episode since the pilot, and one of the best episodes of television of the entire season.

Paste Magazine: 9
The tense moments we’ve come to expect (zombies waking up in a dark, musty restaurant) are balanced by quiet, philosophical moments that dig deeper into what it means to be alive without the structures of civilization. And Lennie James’ performance as a the traumatized Morgan give the episode the gravitas it needed.

CHUD:
“Clear,” this week’s episode of The Walking Dead, strips away nearly everything that has defined the series so far this season — the prison, Woodbury, the Governor, Andrea’s weekly bouts with stupidity — and instead offers us a version of the show in its simplest form. The end result? Easily the best episode of the season. Maybe even the best episode of The Walking Dead‘s entire run so far.

Collider: 9
Last week’s episode of AMC’s The Walking Dead was a bit on the dull side, but tonight’s ep really made up for it! New locations to experience, interesting relationships to explore and even a surprise reunion. While it wasn’t the most action-packed of episodes, there was just something about tonight’s hour that took the franchise to a whole new level.
“Clear” was one of those strong character-building episodes I’ve been longing for this season.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:09 pm

It's fixed. Jude must have done it out of shame for agreeing with me. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum