Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Clear" - RATE IT!

10%

Chris, GOSD, S.F. Jude Terror
30%

Agent of the Bat, GHERU, Glacier16, Grayson, habitual, misac, oogy, pastajoe, ~Alima~
20%

dairydead, doombug, jeremy, kwiktpyer, nicolemarie116, smackdaddyc
13%

e_galston, GiveWarAChance, superfictious, syxxpakk
13%

Eli Katz, IvCNuB4, Lord Simian, MistaT
No votes

7%

Amoebas, Victorian Squid
No votes

3%

Frag
3%

thefourthman

Total votes : 30

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 pm

I had forgotten that they went to find Morgan in the comic as well. They were gone for days, but it was after Woodbury. I wonder why they moved it up.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
How did they do it in the comic?

He got over it. :lol:

It wasn't really as in-depth as it is in the show.

He just carried a phone around with him, and she spoke to him through it when he picked it up. He knew it was all in his head, and that it was just his mind telling him what he needed to hear to rationalize everything that's happened to him.. but he carried it around anyway, because that's all he had of Lori, and couldn't bear the thought of not being able to talk to her.

I don't remember how it was resolved, but I think he just kind of stopped.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:I had forgotten that they went to find Morgan in the comic as well. They were gone for days, but it was after Woodbury. I wonder why they moved it up.

And the Rick/Michonne thing is from the comic too.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Chris wrote:
He got over it. :lol:

It wasn't really as in-depth as it is in the show.

He just carried a phone around with him, and she spoke to him through it when he picked it up. He knew it was all in his head, and that it was just his mind telling him what he needed to hear to rationalize everything that's happened to him.. but he carried it around anyway, because that's all he had of Lori, and couldn't bear the thought of not being able to talk to her.

I don't remember how it was resolved, but I think he just kind of stopped.

By the way, I never said he can't get over it. At some point he has to. You made that leap that he can't get over it.

I'm just saying that the way he gets over it after making it a central plot point is stupid. There is no payoff or no consequences. Maybe he's not even over it. I would actually prefer that.

Just seeing Morgan and being all like "Whoa, I better stop being crazy now" is dumb, IMO.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Chris wrote:
And the Rick/Michonne thing is from the comic too.

Yeah I saw that too. I had completely forgotten about that. Must've been one of the boring TPBs.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
By the way, I never said he can't get over it. At some point he has to. You made that leap that he can't get over it.

I'm just saying that the way he gets over it after making it a central plot point is stupid. There is no payoff or no consequences. Maybe he's not even over it. I would actually prefer that.

Just seeing Morgan and being all like "Whoa, I better stop being crazy now" is dumb, IMO.

I think he was falling apart, it's already cost them in some ways (like Tyrese's group joining up with the Governor), it's cost rick some confidence from his group probably, and it nearly got him killed when he was wandering in the woods and the governor attacked. I think that seeing Morgan made him realize where he was headed and started him on the path back to sanity. It seems pretty reasonable to me. Im glad the plotline is (hopefully) over.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Just seeing Morgan and being all like "Whoa, I better stop being crazy now" is dumb, IMO.

But you're the only one jumping to that conclusion in order to make some criticism. Who knows if he's still crazy or not... but he showed a couple episodes ago, talking to Herschel, that he's aware he's crazy and she's not real. He's dealing with it.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Chris wrote:
But you're the only one jumping to that conclusion in order to make some criticism. Who knows if he's still crazy or not... but he showed a couple episodes ago, talking to Herschel, that he's aware he's crazy and she's not real. He's dealing with it.

I thought it was obvious that Rick was starting to deal with his crazy shit at the end of the last episode. I don't understand why people are basing their conclusions on events in this episode :smt102

Hab

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Chris wrote:

I didnt jump to that conclusion. I was responding to someone.

My issues with this episode mostly have to do with it not advancing the Woodbury plot. And some shoddy writing.

Now if Morgan shows up to save the day or there was something important in the hitchiker bag, then sure, but all the events in this episode could have happened in a brief dialogue. It was just filler IMO.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:28 pm

The Woodbury plot has been sucking though, mostly due to Andrea's involvement. I was happy to get away from it for an episode.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:

But there were consequences. He drove away Tyreese and his people, and also put him at odds with the others, putting Glenn in his current character arc.

You keep saying "wasting time", but you're not presenting your case for it.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:44 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I didnt jump to that conclusion. I was responding to someone.

My issues with this episode mostly have to do with it not advancing the Woodbury plot. And some shoddy writing.

Now if Morgan shows up to save the day or there was something important in the hitchiker bag, then sure, but all the events in this episode could have happened in a brief dialogue. It was just filler IMO.

I guess I've never understood why people equate huge physical changes to progression exclusively. Or even when people assert that "progression" is a form of good storytelling, implying that focusing on character moments means that its a poor episode.

I dunno, I see people (mostly on sites like this) that NEED some giant payoff, they NEED some sort of twist for something to be "worthwhile". To me, i enjoyed the character moments and appreciated the insight into the characters, which is something i couldn't say about most of this series' episodes.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm

We learned more about Michonne in this one episode than we had all season thus far.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm

I don't need some twist. I was one of Lost's biggest advocates when it came to character moments. I just need more than these character moments for a show that only has like 8 episodes per half season. Maybe I will change my tune after the next couple of episodes, but I didnt feel like there was any progression. We knew Carl could shoot someone. Rick and Carl bonding with Michonne isn't enough.

If anything, things went backwards. Rick might be ok now. Carl is still a kid. How does that advance anything? :smt102

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Chris wrote:We learned more about Michonne in this one episode than we had all season thus far.

What did we learn?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum