Advertisement

Still Drunk from Weekend, Marvel Releases Pretty Much Same "First" Teaser as Last Week

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Still Drunk from Weekend, Marvel Releases Pretty Much Same "First" Teaser as Last Week

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 am

Still Drunk from Weekend, Marvel Releases Pretty Much Same

Whatever the teaser is advertising, it will be revealed next week at SXWS!

Source: Press Release

Marvel Comics executives releases a teaser today with the number "1" drawn out using the names of Marvel creators. The promises something big from Marvel, in which Marvel will be "first." Some have speculated that it may be a new weekly series, such as Marvel Comics Presents, which has been teased on and off for the past few years. The teaser, which promises an announcement next weekend at SXSW in Austin Texas, would be very exciting if it weren't for the fact that Marvel already released almost this exact same teaser last week.

"Oooooooohhh," groaned a hung over Marvel head honcho, Joe Quesada. "What happened?"

The Marvel crew spent the weekend at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, widely known as "the Cleveland of the Northwest." Needless to say, the gang had no choice but to imbibe massive quantities of alcohol. "When in Rome..." and all that. As a result, the company was left to scramble for a Monday morning press release.

"Let's release the exact same teaser as last week, but with the names of people who work for us instead of characters," said Marvel editor Tom Brevoort, who had a steaming hot water bottle draped on top of his head.

"Ow!" exclaimed Editor in Chief Axel Alonso, sitting in a dark hotel room with all the shades drawn. "Shhhhhhhhhh! Would you just be fucking quiet?!"

Marvel wasn't the only company to see its staff go on a crazy bender in Seattle, only to regret it later. DC Comics' Ethan Van Sciver allegedly told a crowd at a convention panel that Dan Didio pitched Identity Crisis as "basically we're going to rape Jean Loring," and Gail Simone strapped on her beer goggles and signed a deal with Dynamite Entertainment.

"Not my best decision ever," said a remorseful Simone. "Now Alex Ross won't stop corresponding with me. And we're not talking texts or emails. Ross doesn't believe in any technology that didn't exist during the Golden Age of comics. He keeps writing me goddamn letters. Who the fuck writes letters anymore? That pretentious bastard."

Van Sciver, for his part, was forced to apologize for his remarks on Twitter. ""I would never be glib about rape. EVER," said the creator in the only real quote in this article. "I apologize for my choice of words. This is the dumbest thing I've ever done."

That's a bold claim from Van Sciver, especially when one considers that he almost definitely voted for Mitt Romney. Van Sciver also claimed that Bleeding Cool's original report sensationalized the story, and Bleeding Cool has since removed it, which proves that Van Sciver was right (we like him).

So it wasn't anyone's best weekend at Emerald City Comic Con, and we're not going to hold it against Marvel that the biggest effort they made toward revamping this teaser was changing the background color from black to red. We're just excited to find out what they're planning next Thursday when Bleeding Cool spoils it before the announcement at SXSW.

Here's the press release:

MARVEL #1!!!!11

Begin with the biggesht and besht super heroes in comicsh. Marvel does it FIRSHT! *hiccup!*

Find out more as Marvel Entertam... Marvel Entretra.... Marvel Entarte... Marvel Comicsh takes Austin, Texas by storm at the Marvel: Houshe of Ideash panel at the SXSW Gaming Expo – Sunday, March 10th at 1pm (CST)!

Stay tuned to www.marvel.com and www.sxswgaming.com for more details on Marvel’s plansh for SXSW.

Now excuse us for a moment. We're not feeling so well... blllarrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Still Drunk from Weekend, Marvel Releases Pretty Much Sa

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:59 pm

A game huh? Hmnn...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Still Drunk from Weekend, Marvel Releases Pretty Much Sa

Postby e_galston » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Are Warren Ellis and Garth Ennis doing anything currently for Marvel??? besides Joss and Stan they are the only two creators on that list i can't place with anything currently being published.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand